Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

exactly what sublime said............ although i would be a little leery about piling too much dirt up around the main stem. i can see some crowing and misfortune in your future. i'd drag some of that away form there. you can see how the moisture is creeping up your stem there.

could be bad in the future.

you have the right idea here, but you may have some probs keeping them puppies standing up. be prepared to give them all the support in the world because those little 2" inserts arent going to hold much weight.

this is why most people are using the 5" net pots and hydroton. it gives the roots something to hold on to for support and help the plant stand up straighter (and not fall through the bucket). your system will work, but you are going to have to do ALL the supporting for them.

gallery_11199_188_2027914.jpg

building a pvc square frame with 1" pipe and hanging it from the ceiling will work. hang it low enough that you can tie plants to. this will give you support from above.

that will get you through this one. then you can build something a little more sturdy.

2 - 8ft sticks of 1" pvc. cut them in half to make 4-4ft pieces.

4 - 1" elbows to make a square, and you are good to go. hang all 4 corners from the ceiling and tie the plant tops to that.

nice and easy/cheap 4x4 "fence"

exactly what sublime said............ although i would be a little leery about piling too much dirt up around the main stem. i can see some crowing and misfortune in your future. i'd drag some of that away form there. you can see how the moisture is creeping up your stem there.

could be bad in the future.

You may be seeing something i don't. but i think what you're seeing is the rockwool (or some medium other than soil) the plant was originally in as a baby. I think the person i got it from planted the plant in to the soil with the rockwool around it. It looks moist cause i had JUST watered it. please correct me if i'm wrong.

OK, thanks a TON!

also, i am in no way shape or form a pro at cultivation................ but i know a bit more than the average bear :)

but simple science tells me that your roots are not getting enough oxygen.

i do not know your strain, never grown free leonard. just heard about it when i moved here last spring.

but everyone is growing it, ive seen a ton of journals on it, and you are the only one that i have seen the root thing with.

so, my basic assumption, is that much like the cypress trees in the swamps, there isnt enough air under the dirt, so they crest for air.

a plant as healthy and established as yours seems to be should be sitting in dang near totally 100% dry soil before being watered again. i mean stick your finger to the bottom and pull it out clean as a whistle dry.

i could be wrong of course, but i think you are overwatering. not to the point of killing anything............ but close.

Hey guys this is my first time growing and right now my girls are about 10 days into veggin. Im using t5's and they seem to look good with color.. I do have a little reddish purple on the stems right under the fan leaves... I donno if its a problem because the rest looks good also after seeing bubblegrowers girls mine look like wimps is it because Im growing from seed and not clone that it takes a little longer? it just seems that the stems and plant height should be bigger.. i donno help me out I have 2 pics in my album i took a couple days ago

Hey guys this is my first time growing and right now my girls are about 10 days into veggin. Im using t5's and they seem to look good with color.. I do have a little reddish purple on the stems right under the fan leaves... I donno if its a problem because the rest looks good also after seeing bubblegrowers girls mine look like wimps is it because Im growing from seed and not clone that it takes a little longer? it just seems that the stems and plant height should be bigger.. i donno help me out I have 2 pics in my album i took a couple days ago

you are fine :)

these are from seed and are about 7 days old i think.

med_gallery_13801_60_386457.jpg

I found a few mites on a clone someone gave me the day after i brought it into my veg room.I do not see any on my other girls or in the flowering room.But can i use those hot shot strips in both rooms just in case with my girls in there?or do i need to take them all out?Already sprayed them all with neem oil and going to spray with azmax now.any other help or things i can do would help ty.And i did get that clone out of my veg room.