Swampy's Free Leonard

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, didn't see this Mezz....

I just do it the old fashioned way...with a dome and root riot cubes. 4-7 days is pretty much the norm.

Could you please fill me in with some details like temp, type water, first 3 days, etc.?

Been struggling with this, best have got is about 60% with some taking over 14 days.

Thanks

Could you please fill me in with some details like temp, type water, first 3 days, etc.?

Been struggling with this, best have got is about 60% with some taking over 14 days.

Thanks

I use a regular tall dome with root riot cubes. I make my angle cut on the cutting, scrape the sides with a razor blade about 1/2" up. Then I shake it in a glass of absopure natural spring water(this is the only water I use thru out my grows)to make sure there are no air bubbles.

This is important because a air bubble will kill the cutting.

After that I dip the end in the powder, making sure its covered well, but not super thick or anything. After that I put the cutting as far into the cube as I can without damaging it. If you feel resistance, its far enough.

After all that I take my misting bottle of the same water and make sure the cube is wet but not soaked. I also mist the cutting as well. Put it in the cube tray, mist the dome and put under my T5, which is most likely too much light. Temps I don't know, but I'd guess about 75 degrees? No heat mat, but I do make sure the dome is not on a cold surface. I've used towels under it before.

Check everyday when lights come on and again when they go off. Keep dome, cutting and cube misted. You dont want the cube soaked, but you dont want it dry either. I usually hit each side of the cube with one good mist, then down the hole as well once.

It works for me but may or may not work for you. In the last year we've been about 98% with most showing roots within 4-7 days. The best was 3 days, and the longest was 14 days, but I'd say 5 or 6 is average.

Hope this helps....

For "ME" there are three main factors with "needs" you must provide for a cut the FIRST week.

*--- Oxygenated water with correct PH levels (The more oxygen in H20 the better- use cheap air pumps and air stones)

*--- Heat & Humid conditions- (I actually heat my water with a submersible heater)

*--- Light - (Fluorescent is GREAT within correct distance)

If your cutting is in flowering state, pray to the Ganja God and prepare yourself with patience OR failure potentials.

***Older, lower branches are where ya cut for clones***

:skydive:

• 4 years later...