Bartering?

tooldini

hello all

this has been the best way to build friends and personal networks but remember to alway work out the details so no one gets mad about there part and think its not fair... sometimes its just better to pay the fair price than to lose a friend... in the end being happy with your work and not being greedy is the key to making this work... for some if its not about the money then it works for both... just be fair do the best you can and learn something about giving more and then see the feelings it returns...

abbe

Some times you have to just give a lttle more..it doesnt hurt..NEXT time you might end up on other end.

I have been thinking about starting a website that would allow patients to connect for things like this....but with all the hubbub going on with the law, I cant see me starting it any time soon.....if someone else wants to run with it go right ahead...

there is one all ready going..as long as medical marijuana, it is free advertiseing.

Ok last and best link on the subject. barter

The summery is there is a huge gray area. However gifts are not taxable. So if I gift you some meds and you gift me some chickens with no formal agreement then it is not taxable.I have 5 half dead chickens and 4 dozen rotten eggs, MAY i trade for wet meds n moldy meds?

See now I have been told over and over that labor is not taxable..We cant sell the actual meds as meds we are selling our labor or time plus like nutes and stuff..All I know is I will be handing patients and or needy caregivers a jar full of my time not meds?!?! Therefore time/labor not taxable so like no pay tax? ROFL... Hope everyone was right!

Guest Marywanna

I don't know about you guys,but bartering works better when not discussed except between the 2 parties. Thats the point,people helping out each other without Govt staring over your shoulder. Example for bartering in the country: Farmer Joe Blow needs to build a new chicken coop. If you help him build it,you will get 10 chickens for your freezer this winter and one fresh Turkey for Thanksgiving. Takes one day to build with 3 men. Floor is already in. Another example: You want fresh pig but don't have a farm to grow one. Farmer lets you grow the pig in with his,you pay for it's vaccinations and any vet care,and twice a week hose out the pen(WEAR BOOTS). You get a nice pig that you fed good food to and don't have to worry about hormones and all the other crap they feed them to get them fattened up. All wrapped up in butcher paper,marked and ready for the freezer. Learn to barter. One of these days,paper money will be worthless.

See now I have been told over and over that labor is not taxable..We cant sell the actual meds as meds we are selling our labor or time plus like nutes and stuff..All I know is I will be handing patients and or needy caregivers a jar full of my time not meds?!?! Therefore time/labor not taxable so like no pay tax? ROFL... Hope everyone was right!

There is no sales tax on labor to the state. In other words you don't have to pay sales tax for the labor to fix your car only on the parts.

However income to an individual or business is taxable. Just look at your last paycheck stub if you don't think labor is taxable.

Realize there are two questions here. Is income from barter taxable? Yes in an earlier post I linked to the IRS web site that said so. Is it likely you will get caught by the IRS for bartering? Not if both parties don't claim it.

• 1 month later...

What about Bartering? I know times are tight so maybe bartering will help some people. there are thing I need that I can't go out and buy or do, due to one thing or another, but there are folks that either have what we need or the talant to get done what we needed done. So why not!

Like I'm looking for a Ernie Ball Music Man John petrucci JPX Guitar, diesel generator., rims for a 90 gmc s15 pickup, Enclosed Racecar Trailer, I have Jillybean, Querkle, Purple kush

• 1 month later...

Ok bringing this one back from the dead. I need some money and grow stuff LOL I have a 97 Yamaha warrior in good shape runs good, has razr tires,DMC alien exhaust,DG front bumper,shock covers, flame seat, etc. electric start and reverse. I would like 800.00 plus some grow equipment if anyone is interested. I need grow tent,exhaust fans some lights, panda film etc. Whatever you may have. I have a 12x24 space to work with but it is unfinished. So I need most things associated with a grow. I am in Monroe County. PM me if you want more info. Probably would offer plenty of free meds from the grow :) like lots of free meds LOL

Here's an old trick I heard of to legally sell tickets to an event without it being scalping. Ok so I'm on the corner right outside the stadium. I have a pack of gum for sale for $500. Whoever buys it is going to get two tix thrown in for free. Who says I can't sell gum for $500? Who says I can't give tix away? Same thing with mmj and trading and such. As long as were both legal who cares. Smokem up...

Here's an old trick I heard of to legally sell tickets to an event without it being scalping. Ok so I'm on the corner right outside the stadium. I have a pack of gum for sale for $500. Whoever buys it is going to get two tix thrown in for free. Who says I can't sell gum for $500? Who says I can't give tix away? Same thing with mmj and trading and such. As long as were both legal who cares. Smokem up...

So if your paranoid have your dealer sell you the baggie instead of the buds. Lol just a thought.

So if your paranoid have your dealer sell you the baggie instead of the buds. Lol just a thought.

I understand what you are saying for those that are paranoid, but shouldn't "we" as medical users refrain from words like "dealer".

Not trying to start a battle by any means, just trying to remind that we want to be recognized as patients that are using medicine, not as "potheads" that are "dealing".

Just my 2 cents?