Overpriced Meds

It would be best if there was no law either way.

But then the dispensary's would still be there for those who would use them.

Regulate it, require inspections for caregivers then get ready to have an even harder time getting your meds if you can't grow yourself.

You want them in your medicine cabinet making sure YOUR doing it right ? or do you want the state to grow for you ?

You guys; come on these ARE happy times. Not perfect but what is.

Quit trying to swim upstream....................

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow. good points. if you feel this strongly, why dont you start a website of your own for people who think like yourself. i think the population of THIS website doe not agree with you. those here that do agree with you can befriend you and you can start your own anti-cg movement. i even wish you luck.

not my qoute but.......its a long way from a seed to a zigzag!

Heres the problem, this site is CG oriented and alot of these guys get angry when someone ask the questions they refuse to answer. Notice all the logical questions I put forth. Was there one real honest answer?? NO. Why?? Because the CGs know I'm right and will not answer questions that put them in the spot light.

What questions are not being answered?

Guest sub4me

I understand that,but its not working. Thats why theres so many people at the dispensary when you go there. Heck CR in Ferndale was busy all the time. Why?? Cause Patients don't have access and don't want to sign a CG.

Would you buy other medication form any store if you knew there was no oversight, no regulation, no gurantee to product strength, no nothing. Its do as a CG sees fit, that type of system will never work.

I just paid $25 for a gram of Green Crack from a local "Compassion Club". I never thought I would pay that, but I was out and they had quite a bit of variety. I talked to the guy and he was going over to the Detroit to get these meds from another dispensary. He is buying by their ounce prices (discount) for $525 for the ounce and re-selling it for $25 a gram. Plus a 6 hour drive to get their and back. He's not getting rich from his supposed greed anytime soon.

1) This is supply and demand. The supply has got to go way up. We need to encourage a lot more CG's - not fewer.

2) IMHO, there are those from the political left who have no clue on running a small business and will never be happy until we have state-run everything.

shouldn't you have a payment agreement going into with your CG? I provide the genetics, half the nutes, and half the electric. they supply the materials (planters, lights, bulbs, ballasts, hoses, fans, fliters....you get it), half the nutes, and the other half electric.

I had them produce a standard electric bill from summer and winter so we could find the overages to split.

this seems like it will work on paper. correct me if tried already

Would you buy other medication form any store if you knew there was no oversight, no regulation, no gurantee to product strength, no nothing. Its do as a CG sees fit, that type of system will never work.

Yes. I wouldn't buy some mysterious white powder packed in a pill that way, but I seek out and buy my food from local farmers, with zero to very small government intervention. I know I'm getting a good product because it's right in front of me, easy to inspect, and has the smallest possible supply chain from grower to consumer.

Just like with fresh foods, I think that's a good model for the cannabis supply chain also.

"But what about pesticides, poisons, improper grow conditions, Phaquetoo urinating on my plants? How do I know it's safe?" -- Again, no guarantees but it seems best to know your grower.

Guest sub4me

So lets take a look at this situation.

The CG has care of 12 PATIENT plants. First since most of the CGs already declare themselves as CGs even before they get a Patient. I feel the burden of lights, ferts, water, locked enclosed facility and so forth are the responsablity of the CG or Gardener if you will, these thing are the tools of the profession (my carpenter doesn't ask me to pay for his hammer) Remember the CG is a Gardner, not your friend, not a Dr., no their a Gardner. The patient has appointed the CG to care after, grow, and cure the meds which ALL belong to the Patient ONLY. Now say theres alot of overage from those 12 plants that the Patient didn't take, well to bad its the Patients meds and the CG has no right to transfer the Patients meds to a Dispensary, another Patient.

Get it now?? Thats the problem the CGs always want your grow rights. Why?? Because the Patient will never take as much as those 12 plants will yield and definatly not at the crazy prices these CGs are wanting. So not only is the CG getting paid by you but hes then transfering meds that belong to you the Patient elsewhere to make more money.

A CG cannot be trusted when there is no oversight.

I feel the burden of lights, ferts, water, locked enclosed facility and so forth are the responsablity of the CG or Gardener if you will, these thing are the tools of the profession (my carpenter doesn't ask me to pay for his hammer)

Clearly you don't have a clue as to how business works. You pay for your carpenters hammer. What your carpenter charges you for his hourly wage includes the cost of his tools amortized out over the tools lifetime. EVERY business works like that. Or at least the ones that stay in business. Ask any accountant what amortization and depreciation of assets are.

The CG has care of 12 PATIENT plants.

You can keep saying this as if it were fact but no where in the law does it say the plants belong to the patient. But you know this and it has been pointed out to you several times so I can only conclude you are being purposely obtuse on this fact.

Once again.....FEK THAT CHIT . I hear the same people all the time..... "I dont blame the disp.... they take a big risk... the economy sucks...." As a caregiver will they put me in a nicer jail? Is their some clause i dont know of where they wont destroy my life? Is my economy different than that of the guy making fat bank at the disp? Somehow my lights cost less to run.... people expect compassion out of caregivers yet they are fine being raped by the disp....cuz after all they took a risk. lmao :D

Its all good!

I realy dont give a phaq what peeps want to overcharge or undercharge patients,

we all have a choice, to Grow or Not to Grow, that is the question, LMFAO!

Peace Ganja!

Your Kewl in my Book!

FTW

Jim

sub4me, on 07 October 2010 - 02:04 PM, said:

I agree open the market up like liquor and beer. Require people to be 18 or 21 and show ID, problem solved.

Price goes down, related crime here & at the border would drop overnight.............

hell Yea Free The Weed!

Peace

Jim

So anyone figure out the magic number yet? So how much is an ounce worth to a patient that has to do nothing for it? How much is it worth for that caregiver to supply all the necessary ingredients required to successfully get that ounce to you? Just curious, don't want to be accused of over-charging..

So anyone figure out the magic number yet? So how much is an ounce worth to a patient that has to do nothing for it? How much is it worth for that caregiver to supply all the necessary ingredients required to successfully get that ounce to you? Just curious, don't want to be accused of over-charging..

150 is legit... wanna be my caregiver

lol....

I think one problem with that question is what assumptions are made and business model is being used. As an example, look at these pricing methods:

1. Figure out cost per ounce based on cost of plants, medium, electricity, equipment, and grower's time.
  2. As above, but also include an additional amount to be set aside for risk of prosecution, lawyer's fees, asset forfeiture, etc.

Both are fine ways of coming up with a fair cost, but will result in very different results, except perhaps for large grows.

I recently closed up and quit a small business I ran for 8 years in a completely separate field. The business was profitable, with many happy customers. We were doing a very respectable job, and most of our business came from word-of-mouth recommendations and repeat customers. I closed it because of a change in law that exposes us to the risk of serious, expensive lawsuits. I think the risk of a lawsuit was less than my risk in legal growing, but it was still too high for me to be comfortable continuing in the business.

So why keep growing? Because I love it! I just can't figure out how to put that into a pricing model....

Archived