Overpriced Meds

I've come close, Grape Ape too... So loaded with ferts, it crackled when you lit it, not to mention my lungs crackled when the smoke hit them...

almost got thrown out, I was low otherwise it would have..

you still keep it and give it away to someone else or what we really do is sell it to the next person at a discount telling them you don't like it maybe they will that is why it is so cheap.

but we don't through it away.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If i owned a dispensary I would want to clear at least 150K a year to make it even close to the risk factor.

When you consider the hours most small business owners put into their business to make a go of it I don't consider that out of line my self. I wonder how much those TV ads on channel 8 news for Midwest Compassion Club cost them? Marketing is expensive.

I agree with you on many things bg. Dispensaries are a necessety for filling gaps between harvest and emergency needs or just a fun night out. Im just saying people should get what they pay for, if you pay top of the line prices you should get top of the line product. I dont think the farmer could get 50 cents for a can of half rotten corn the same as he could for a fresh can. Another thing I disagree with is what we are calling acceptable "mark up" , no dispensaries are paying more than 300 a z for incoming meds then turning it for 20 a gram thats 560 a z. That is over 85% markup. You find this acceptable?

What about when a care giver has a huge amount of overage? I have seen care givers produce 40-50 ounces in 1 harvest of 12 plants ..... So at 300 each your telling me 150k is what it takes to cover there over head? Even if that did it at 100 each they are making good money.... The high prices were set like that back in the day due to tlthe risk underground growers took.... Today if your a care giver your risk is much much lower and according to the low shouldnt be at any risk (even though they are) I know not every person is producing like that but alot are... I understand making a living but when you start to gouge people your defeating the while purpose of the law.... As far as a dispensary goes I get the mark up to. A point.... 25/g Is out of control and most the time it is crap sorry for type o's I'm on my cell phone

One can't help but wonder why Dispensaries don't form some sort of Standardized Grading system of Medications available for purchase as well as a Cooperative for such grading standards in cooperation with the site here .

Even if it's done by a Ongoing Pinned Patient Poll rating not only the Price and Quality of Medications but also the Service , Staff and the overall rating on the actual facilities overall Professionalism as well as Cleanliness . Openly let Patients know beforehand how any Dispensary is by establishing a Rating System . I would think that Most if not All Dispensaries would greet this with open arms and see the rewards for running a First Class Operation with Quality Medications and Fair prices knowing that future Patients can & will come to this site looking for First Hand feedback from actual Patients transactions prior to trying a new location .

Set a Standard & hold them to it with continuous feedback from the members here . Who better to know than an actual patient that has dealt with any given Dispensary with either Good or Bad experiences . Let We the People impose a Standardized Grading System with continual input on said transactions letting all members here know who actually does the Best Job and the Biggest Bang for the buck .

I'm sure Member Patients here would gladly drive that few extra miles if they knew in advance the Dispensary was worth the extra miles knowing they would get a Fair Shake Transaction ,,,

I think the fact that there out there in the frontier has alot to do with it. Who's going to regulate them. There operating in a disconnected state of legal or not.

Until this ends the burden will be carried by their customers or why do it.

Like many here have said & I know it's not easy, but get out to places where you can meet some like minded people. No patients in many clubs go without. Many caregivers help more than just their patients.

The time is coming when they will have to come back down to earth with the $$ Compassionate caregiveing is spreading. Clubs are learning to take care of their own. As soon as some indication is giving as to the legitimacy of dispensary's & they become accepted it will get a little better. they will still be in the business of making money so the other options will always be better IMO.

you people dont understand the cost of growing meds. The time and investment of money out of my own pocket and time and cost to lean to grow .. If you dont like to pay grow your own...!!!! Please stop crying like little bicthes... and while you going cry make you own computer or airplane and learn to fly and save your money on air tickets...

I just placed another order for supplies today. I know the costs...lol

I also know the cost of trying to make too much $$$

Some of the "little complaints" may not be able to grow for real. Are they to shut up & go without?

Oh we passed this new law, but I'm sorry sense you can't grow & live on a fixed income you won't be able to participate.............

I don't like the bitching either but I understand it......

you people dont understand the cost of growing meds. The time and investment of money out of my own pocket and time and cost to lean to grow .. If you dont like to pay grow your own...!!!! Please stop crying like little bicthes... and while you going cry make you own computer or airplane and learn to fly and save your money on air tickets...

Dude quit screwing sick people over and then come here and try to justify your low morals because im not buying it :thumbsd:

I grow my own and i know first hand that theres never a reason to charge more than $300 a oz for any strain period so take your lies and post them somewhere where someone believes you. :mellow:

this is exactly what is wrong with the system and certain people as we have it today...what would you like to charge your patients? 400? 500? just come out and say you are greedy man, stop trying to justify inflated prices....you are obviously basing your prices off of gray or black market prices and that has no input into what we have going on here.

Sure I could come up with a ton of extra costs to charge towards my meds in addition to all the costs we know go into growing, I need a car to get it to you, I need a place to set up a grow, what about if I get busted and need to cover legal fees, and my favorite your overpriced knowledge....if you are making specific strains for specific patients and you know exactly what is best for them and how to tailor it specifically to certain people then by all means jack the price for the "knowledge", but knowing when to top a plant or how far to place the light away from the tops, thats all just basic knowledge. Dont forget its a plant, water+light= production....

also answer me this, if you stock up 20k for a possible legal defense, and have your house and car paid for, would you drop your prices? See this is where I see a dispensary system as being better. Let this guy price himself out of the market and force him to drop his prices, or he could keep his prices high and hold onto his product...

I am not saying dont make money, but you dont have to ENRON people to do that..... :growl:

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Most caregivers dont charge half that much but that all depend on your caregiver. If ya want it at mexi seed weed prices then ya better grow your own as growing true med grade meds costs,, period.....Most good growers spend hours and hours tending crops and our labor is not free, nor is nutes lights ect,,, ect....

I know you dont understand being ya dont grow yourself but this stuff takes a ton of work. Ya just dont toss in seeds and get medical grade in 3 months without tending non-stop or Spending non-stop. Some of us put in 80hr weeks getting this stuff perfect.

Ya, my two 400w lights, promix, guano kit, fans, etc cost me a whopping $300. Utilities run extra $40 month to grow arcata trainwreck, ECSD, DSD, SSSDH, Cappucinno, Schrom, Sweet Tooth #3, S.A.G.E, Johnny Blaze, Neville's Haze, White Widow, Armed Widow, AK47, Blockhead, Space Queen, etc, etc....

Give me a break please, my patient donates whenever she can to help with utilities, I couldn't sleep at night charging for something that was given to me. There is no justifiable reason an oz of dank would cost $200 or more, unless you count poor management. Then you want sick patients to pay for your imcompetence in purchasing and growing. That's what isn't fair IMO.

Read my lips - MMMJ is not your license to deal and make money. People making money off patients need to go back to the hood and pawn their fake stuff to the fools that just got off the bus. Don't listen to the whinning that it cost a lot and takes a lot of time - BULL. I've taught many growers over the years and none of them can say it's expensive time-consuming rocket science, unless they choose to make it that way, in fact they are amazed at how cheap and easy it is. Sure, one can buy the most exotic equipment and the newest gadgets on the market, but all that's gonna do is make it more expensive and give yo bragging rights. It's a weed, fer Pete's sake, it will grow in the floorboards of yer Buick.

Just my 2-cents. Cheers.. here's part of a $12 harvest:

gallery_17122_285_73522.jpg

Here's the rest of the plant.

gallery_17122_285_129896.jpg

1T

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Notice there are never any threads complaining about Underpriced Meds?

Just a random observation.

My patient complains that I won't accept anything, makes her feel guilty she says. LOL

My patient complains that I won't accept anything, makes her feel guilty she says. LOL

that's the price you pay for being a caregiver....lol.............

MY patients pay my costs only, They look at me like I'm crazy or they have to hurry before I change my mind.

They'll come around ...

What about when a care giver has a huge amount of overage? I have seen care givers produce 40-50 ounces in 1 harvest of 12 plants ..... So at 300 each your telling me 150k is what it takes to cover there over head? Even if that did it at 100 each they are making good money.... The high prices were set like that back in the day due to tlthe risk underground growers took.... Today if your a care giver your risk is much much lower and according to the low shouldnt be at any risk (even though they are) I know not every person is producing like that but alot are... I understand making a living but when you start to gouge people your defeating the while purpose of the law.... As far as a dispensary goes I get the mark up to. A point.... 25/g Is out of control and most the time it is crap sorry for type o's I'm on my cell phone

I dont charge 300 but if i did i dont think i would be making 150k some people think we just throw plants under lights come back in 8 weeks and there are buckets of money sitting where the plants are if your caregiver wants to charge you 300 to grow your meds i dont think that is out of line at all if you dont like you go buy 6 grand worth of equitment and spend 40 hrs a week growing your own patients meds and buy the way 50 x 300 is 15,000 and for 3 months of work that isnt getting rich.ps i only charge my patients 0-150

Dude quit screwing sick people over and then come here and try to justify your low morals because im not buying it :thumbsd:

I grow my own and i know first hand that theres never a reason to charge more than $300 a oz for any strain period so take your lies and post them somewhere where someone believes you. :mellow:

Amen, King!

Is there any growers with overages and dispensaries out there not trying to rip people off? I know there is somewhere. Where?.. However I cant seem find them. How can a so called dispensary owners sleep at night? I can see paying Disneyland prices if you get to go to Disneyland. It is like Edge Water Park! They are way over charging for meds that are no where near medical grade. I went {yes I'm pointing fingers} to a place in Warren {Frazho and Sch.} yesterday. So after running me threw the ringer. I had to sign my name 3 different places. They think they are covering their a s s. They are not!! Leo don't care about some waiver. The least inexpensive meds were 18 dollars a gram and they looked almost fake. No where near medical grade. One out of six different products may have been considered medical grade. Some of you would have found none. They did have 1 half way decent strain. Its was $ 25 dollars a gram. WTF! Also the owner recommended a strain. It was $20 a gram. It smelled good. Its was un smoke able. It tasted like bad nutes and chemicals. I threw it away. You do the math. Please people show some compassion. I know if I'm not happy don't go there. Trust me I wont any more. Being Legal is a lot different than I pictured. Makes me want to go back to medicating with regs again. My 2 cents worth. Yes I expressed my Concerns to the owner. I hope things change soon!! Thanks for looking!!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I've heard lots of people expressing the same concerns. As far as I know, many dispensaries price their products based on how much the caregivers charge to sell the dispensaries their overages. This is clearly not the case for ALL dispensaries, but it seems that way for many.

Although the prices you stated are quite outrageous, those prices seem to be pretty universal throughout many of the dispensaries. I've witnessed higher prices then what you've said, but nothing lower. Good luck with your pot endeavors!

once again, this issue does not even deserve attention. its the patients choice. period. if a c.g. finds 5 patients that are willing to pay $500/ounce they better not screw up..... because i'll snatch 'em up :)

but seriously........... the medication is worth whats its worth to the patient. some people just want to eat everyday. their meds may only be worth $175/oz to them. some people cannot get out of bed without it, have the money, its worth it to them, and they WANT to pay $250-$300.

its all about the patient.

NO PATIENT IS EVER LOCKED IN TO ONE PRICE.

period. its real real simple. patients rule. they dont like it, they move on. for a measly 10 bucks.

this is a moot issue in my eyes.

"charge" whatever you want/need.

if you get patients to agree with your stipulations, more power to you.

most patients are not going to jump at $300/oz.................. but some will SPRING.

people are people. prices are prices. growers are growers.

one of the BEAUTIFUL things about the law is that a patient can choose his/her own meds at any time.

lets celebrate the good parts of the law.

Guest sub4me

I agree with a free market and letting the patients decide where to buy. Most CGs are greedy. Why?? Cause they can be and thier into this for the money. Which is why you'll often see a CG who is also a Patinet, think about it almost every CG on here is a Patient also, that should tell you something.

These CG are compassionate?? BS, thier about as compassionate as a dispensary. Its all about the money, never forget that and to think otherwise is foolish.

I'm totally aganist the CG system we have, it sucks and forces a Patient to become dependent upon the CG, this is not a good system. What the Patients need is a safe and friendly place to get their meds. Let the dispensaries open everywhere a city will have them. The prices will adjust fast. I agree the dispensaries are over charging now but once more and more competition pops up prices go down.

We need to get rid of this CG system now. Its not working, patients aren't happy, its a huge pain in the donkey to get a CG, drop or change a CG, its just a big mess. No regulation means a CG can give you anything and say its MM, can grow BS and tell you MM, can sell the plants and tell you they died or had mold, or spiders, or blah, blah, blah. Its all BS and alot of patients hate the system the way it is now. This is not PATIENT orientited like it should be. What you find is a bunch of drug dealers who now have a card and call themselves CGS, its a total BS scam.

Archived