Overpriced Meds

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im glad I got mine back, In fact I made 37 bucks interest eh?

LOL

It worked out, just kinda slowed my grow down by 5 months waiting for change of c.g and me posses, plastic! Im sure you already heard of my other legal issues with paper app!

Im most def old enough to no better! but like said I realy didnt want to have a g.r at home just than, and this person was from the hippie generation and got me to put an "S" on my forhead for a few months! lol

Peace OCC

FTW

Jim

LOL. Yes I followed your legal struggle, I was relieved for you when I heard they dismissed everything.

Take care Jim

-Dan

Guest sub4me

The real fault in sub's logic is that it is quite possible that there aren't even 12 plants being grown for a particular patient. The law simply states that a primary caregiver can cultivate marijuana for a patient, and that no more than 12 plants can be grown per patient... It is quite possible to take care of 2 patients off of the same plant, depending on usage, 6 plants could provide a nice continuous harvest for such an arrangement. Which patient owns which plant?

The real fault in your logic is your a CG and a self admitted user WITHOUT a card, your using your PATIENTS meds illegally and you should be ashamed of yourself. I have a feeling you won't be a CG very much longer given your illegal use of your own Patients meds.

Bottom line and FACT the PATIENT OWNs the PLANTS. A Patient does not and should not just take the CGs word for anything. Those plants and all meds form them belong to you Patient unless agreed otherwise. So maybe the Patient only needs 2 plants thats fine but nothings keeping the CG from growing 10 more under the Patients name, sell it to a dispensary or other Patient without the Patients knowledge and making tons of money off the Patinets right to grow.

The real fault in your logic is your a CG and a self admitted user WITHOUT a card, your using your PATIENTS meds illegally and you should be ashamed of yourself. I have a feeling you won't be a CG very much longer given your illegal use of your own Patients meds.

Bottom line and FACT the PATIENT OWNs the PLANTS. A Patient does not and should not just take the CGs word for anything. Those plants and all meds form them belong to you Patient unless agreed otherwise. So maybe the Patient only needs 2 plants thats fine but nothings keeping the CG from growing 10 more under the Patients name, sell it to a dispensary or other Patient without the Patients knowledge and making tons of money off the Patinets right to grow.

slow your roll, and your attitude.

i own my plants. i bought them, i grow them.

period. ask the 17,000 MMMA members. ask my patients. ask the cops.

i'd love to grow 6,000 plants and when i get busted say "hey, they aren't mine"

just do not ask yourself please.

topics like these have been popping up since the beginning of this site. This isn't a new argument, there are no new points. One side isn't going to convince the other of anything. Perhaps we can agree to disagree.

basic economics says that the price is dictated by the economic climate surrounding a product. Plain and simple, and economic climates take a long time to change. Even given time necessary for the economic climate to change, it doesn't guarantee prices will fall. Look at California there law is over 10 years old and prices are still at a premium for some strains, if anything this is a good example of where we MIGHT be headed.

Its going to be interesting to watch how prop 19 changes things in California; assuming it passes. It will still take years to catch and hold, but it will. One would think that it would cause prices to drop. Maybe this is incentive to think about where michigan should be headed with their next piece of legislation. =)

my 2 cents

TFB

Guest sub4me

Once we do away with the CG systen all Patients will benefit and have a place like a dispensary to get meds. This will cause competition and prices will adjust to what the market will bear. Giving Patients access to meds safely is the goal here instead of meeting some creepy CG in parking lot. The Patients will then decide the price of meds and the greedy will fall by the wayside.

True some strains may have a sky high price in California, however those particular strains are very advanced and do not compare to what your seeing in the dispensary here.

A working model dispensary isn't gonna sell every strain at the same price, like we've seen alot of in the dispensaries around here. A variety of strains and prices to please all Patients in all income levels is what Patients are looking for.

I would rather pay a dispensary and have everything done in a transparent way instead of making some greedy CG rich whose making money and not paying taxes on thier new found income.

Guest sub4me

slow your roll, and your attitude.

i own my plants. i bought them, i grow them.

Well if your a Patient then you own and grow your 12 plants but the others you have are NOT yours despite what may think they belong to the Patients you grow for NOT you. Sorry but your wrong.

Guest sub4me

I copied this form another member post. I think its self explanatory.

Caregiver: Under the State Law, a MMJ caregiver is one individual who is registered with the state in order to provide a maximum of 5 patients medical marijuana. That's also a maximum of 60 plants unless the caregiver is also a patient which would allow 72 plants. Anything from those plants are for the patients whom are designated under that caregiver. The patient can have 2.5 ounces of medicine for their needs and the caregiver can have up to 2.5 ounces per patient on supply. So if caregiver had 5 patients, the maximum supply would be 12.5 ounces of ingestible marijuana for those patients. This is quite obvious due to the fact that 2.5 ounces for 5 patients would seem very low in accordance with the words written in the law.

Is there any growers with overages and dispensaries out there not trying to rip people off? I know there is somewhere. Where?.. However I cant seem find them. How can a so called dispensary owners sleep at night? I can see paying Disneyland prices if you get to go to Disneyland. It is like Edge Water Park! They are way over charging for meds that are no where near medical grade. I went {yes I'm pointing fingers} to a place in Warren {Frazho and Sch.} yesterday. So after running me threw the ringer. I had to sign my name 3 different places. They think they are covering their a s s. They are not!! Leo don't care about some waiver. The least inexpensive meds were 18 dollars a gram and they looked almost fake. No where near medical grade. One out of six different products may have been considered medical grade. Some of you would have found none. They did have 1 half way decent strain. Its was $ 25 dollars a gram. WTF! Also the owner recommended a strain. It was $20 a gram. It smelled good. Its was un smoke able. It tasted like bad nutes and chemicals. I threw it away. You do the math. Please people show some compassion. I know if I'm not happy don't go there. Trust me I wont any more. Being Legal is a lot different than I pictured. Makes me want to go back to medicating with regs again. My 2 cents worth. Yes I expressed my Concerns to the owner. I hope things change soon!! Thanks for looking!!

sub4me has gone WAY off topic and is no longer allowed to post in this thread.

please, do not direct anymore comments towards him as he/she cannot view them.

lets get back on track here.

thanks.

I copied this form another member post. I think its self explanatory.

:lol::lol::lol: So you think that copying an opinion from someone who agrees with you is evidence that supports your premise? Your appeal to authority did not even give credit to the member who posted it so we can't even judge if the person is anymore authoritative on this issue than we are.

An easy answer would be to point to the section of law that says the plants belong to the patients. If you can't prove that simple but key part of your premise the debate is pretty much over.

:lol::lol::lol: So you think that copying an opinion from someone who agrees with you is evidence that supports your premise? Your appeal to authority did not even give credit to the member who posted it so we can't even judge if the person is anymore authoritative on this issue than we are.

An easy answer would be to point to the section of law that says the plants belong to the patients. If you can't prove that simple but key part of your premise the debate is pretty much over.

So if you have 2 patients then you can grow 24 plants for those 2 correct? If you have 3, then that jumps to a 36 maximum. So it's not the amount of plants you have that determines your patients, but the amount of patient's that determine your plants. Or no?

do my clones come with a title of ownership? possesion is 9/10 of the law!

If I get popped for some dumb reason ,,like we smelled marijuana, is that patient going to get arrested for keeping their 12 plants at my house or am I, Enough said!

Peace

FTW

Jim

So if you have 2 patients then you can grow 24 plants for those 2 correct? If you have 3, then that jumps to a 36 maximum. So it's not the amount of plants you have that determines your patients, but the amount of patient's that determine your plants. Or no?

That is an interesting argument.

However, it is quite possible to have 3 patients and only 12 plants growing... or 3 patients and 0 plants growing.

The MMMAct places no ownership anywhere in the law, only a limit on number of plants per patient. I suggest the limit is so that those that would go to extremes; didn't pull the well I am allowed to cultivate now, I am going to go sow 10 acres out back...

The confusion over the ownership comes in with the way the MDCH wrote up the application. Their wording in Section C, uses the phrase "the patient's plants", this is a misnomer and probably should have been corrected by now, but alas like everything else they do it takes forever. Just take a quick read of their FAQ on their website, half of the information is either outdated, partial truths, or just incorrect.

Hope that clears things up a little bit.

How much medicine can you produce off 12 plants? Lets say 4 cycles a year it is more lets say 4 x 12 = 48 plants. Each plant harvests 3 oz. We all know it is more a lot more. Lets say 3oz. 3x48 = 144 ozs a year. OK so sell my meds back to me {because your such a nice person} at $200.00 an oz. Lets say I use 2 ozs a month. 24 oz. 24 x 200 $4800.00. And you still have 120 extra ozs of my meds a year! So lets say you are feel compassionate. And you sell the your overages at $200.00 an oz. We know its more. You would revenue another $24000.00 additional per patient. $24000.00+$4800.00 = $24800.00. So that is approx $28,000.00 dollars per patient. $28,000.00 x 5 = $140,000.00 Dollars in revenue a year. This is if you only produce 3 ozs per plant. You had better shut down shop because there is NO WAY to regroup all your costs with a $140,000.00 in revenue a year. We all know the cost to produce all them meds far exceeds $140,000.00 a year. BULL DEFECATION! All Im saying some people are in it for the wrong reasons! Please quit insulting the intelligences of the fine people of the State of Michigan.

Thats if you grow to the limit. most do not, More than 3 oz's, most don't grow that big. 3 IMO is avg. What about plants that don't do so well or growing males for breading that don't bring in revenue?

"We" apparently don't know as much as we think we do.............

How much medicine can you produce off 12 plants? Lets say 4 cycles a year it is more lets say 4 x 12 = 48 plants. Each plant harvests 3 oz. We all know it is more a lot more. Lets say 3oz. 3x48 = 144 ozs a year. OK so sell my meds back to me {because your such a nice person} at $200.00 an oz. Lets say I use 2 ozs a month. 24 oz. 24 x 200 $4800.00. And you still have 120 extra ozs of my meds a year! So lets say you are feel compassionate. And you sell the your overages at $200.00 an oz. We know its more. You would revenue another $24000.00 additional per patient. $24000.00+$4800.00 = $24800.00. So that is approx $28,000.00 dollars per patient. $28,000.00 x 5 = $140,000.00 Dollars in revenue a year. This is if you only produce 3 ozs per plant. You had better shut down shop because there is NO WAY to regroup all your costs with a $140,000.00 in revenue a year. We all know the cost to produce all them meds far exceeds $140,000.00 a year. BULL DEFECATION! All Im saying some people are in it for the wrong reasons! Please quit insulting the intelligences of the fine people of the State of Michigan.

I noticed from your post...you seem to "know" a lot, but then in a weird twist of irony you seem to be ignorant of even more. I wont just sit here n point out all the holes in your idea.... Id just like to know how you figure every plant is putting off three ozs? Now im no pro.... ive only done this outdoors for 10 years and indoors for the past year, so I make no claim to know everything. My experience has shown me there is plenty of bovine feces to be found in your equation. I have grown out several strains that with a giant hole in the ground and perfect weather you might get 2.5-3 ozs....outdoors. Half that indoors. But you insist we all know its more? If i sell my overages to a disp at 200 bucks.... do you really think that all 200 bucks is just cash in my pocket? that stuff grew itself, drove itself there, bailed itself out (LOL), paid the locker fee, the membership fee.....time to put the boots on.

That only speaks to the entitlement of the number of plants. It does not address plant ownership.

As a caregiver if the cops raid me who is going to get in trouble? Me or the patient? In the eyes of the law you possess the plants so you own them. There has been no evidence to the contrary I have seen.

Uhm

first i doubt there are many able to get 3 zips of medical grade MJ per plant

Second 4 harvest of those 12 plants and getting in excess of 3 zips is impossible

Veg time 5 weeks flower 9 weeks so at best you could do three cycles unles you are buying 2 foot clones every 3 months

Where are you getting your (chuckle) facts?

All Im saying some people are in it for the wrong reasons!

First off a definition from google dictionary.

Caregiver - A family member or paid helper who regularly looks after a child or a sick, elderly, or disabled person.

Do the caregivers at hospice facilities, day care facilities, hospitals, doctor offices, dentist offices, convalescent facilities, elderly care facilities, and all the other people who work as caregivers deserve to charge for their services? Are all those people in it for the wrong reason? Or are they truly caring people who need to make a living too? Maybe you can explain why it is ethically wrong to make a living being a caregiver?

Thats if you grow to the limit. most do not, More than 3 oz's, most don't grow that big. 3 IMO is avg. What about plants that don't do so well or growing males for breading that don't bring in revenue?

"We" apparently don't know as much as we think we do.............

Nope I know everything! Come on. The simple fact. The truth hurts!

Anyone else smell bacon? :unsure:

I don't know but I always thought it would be a good way to prepare before a debate to go to a forum of the opposing side and understand their counter points. It surly would reveal flaws in your argument and theirs. That is my biggest fear is that we are giving the opposing side ammunition against us.

I don't know but I always thought it would be a good way to prepare before a debate to go to a forum of the opposing side and understand their counter points. It surly would reveal flaws in your argument and theirs. That is my biggest fear is that we are giving the opposing side ammunition against us.

Now Im LEO . NOT If you would like me to prove it I will.

Archived