Overpriced Meds

I agree with a free market and letting the patients decide where to buy. Most CGs are greedy. Why?? Cause they can be and thier into this for the money. Which is why you'll often see a CG who is also a Patinet, think about it almost every CG on here is a Patient also, that should tell you something.

All patients can choose not to have a designated CG and grow for themselves. For those that do not want to, or cannot, there is an opportunity for someone else to provide the service of growing meds for the patient. The price of MJ/MMJ is mostly dependent on two factors: Supply and Demand.

Because of the way the model is set up (5 patient limit) it is wiser for me to get 5 patients who are in need of a high volume of MMJ and have the means to pay for it than it is to get 5 patients that need a joint a week.

At what point do you consider the reimbursement fair? Should a CG figure tap a stopwatch every time they enter the grow room to determine actual time spent working and multiply that by the federal minimum wage? Should they itemize their electricity and water bills to determine exact amount used in the monthly crop production and determine real cost per gram? How should the CG amortize the cost of their room equipment?

Should a medical doctor make minimum wage? How about a pharmacist or a pharmacy? There are very real costs of production. It isn't wrong for someone to make a living off of providing a service to others. If you feel the service is too expensive, grow your own or find another CG.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sub4me

Exactly, which is why the CG system is broke. Theres no regulation or growing, quality, on anything. Its crazy to think that the CGs are going to look out for the Patient, they gonna look out for their bottom line and thats all they care about.

Why are so many CGs demanding the Patient needs to gurantee to get a certain amount every month or they won't be your CG??

Is it compassionate for a CG to demand you pay them $700 a month is exchange for 2.5 ounces two times or month?? If not they won't sign you, thats BS.

Is it compassionate when a CG won't let you see YOUR PLANTS (remember the plants belong to the Patient NOT the CG) or even let you know where they are, or give you any access??

Is it compassionate when the CG has all the power and the Patient has no recourse if the meds are bad, the meds aren't available, or what ever other excuse the patient is told??

I'm totally aganist the CG system we have, it sucks

you are a minority. but thats ok!! see this thread: http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/24250-just-a-little-advice-on-your-posting-habits/page__pid__216897#entry216897

you will continue to be bashed and hated upon. you asked for it. it shall be.

as for myself, i will watch as a mod does, but will not be posting in this any thread anymore.

Exactly, which is why the CG system is broke. Theres no regulation or growing, quality, on anything. Its crazy to think that the CGs are going to look out for the Patient, they gonna look out for their bottom line and thats all they care about.

Why are so many CGs demanding the Patient needs to gurantee to get a certain amount every month or they won't be your CG??

Is it compassionate for a CG to demand you pay them $700 a month is exchange for 2.5 ounces two times or month?? If not they won't sign you, thats BS.

Is it compassionate when a CG won't let you see YOUR PLANTS (remember the plants belong to the Patient NOT the CG) or even let you know where they are, or give you any access??

Is it compassionate when the CG has all the power and the Patient has no recourse if the meds are bad, the meds aren't available, or what ever other excuse the patient is told??

1) Yes, the system is broken. The job of the CG is not to look after the patient. The job of the CG is to look after the plants on behalf of the patient. The CG is then compensated with an amount determined privately between the Patient and CG.

2) CGs who operate their growing as a job would like to have an idea of what to expect for income before signing a patient. Just as a employee negotiates an hourly rate and number of hours per week.

3) Their is a difference between compassion and an agreement. The patient is not forced to pay any amount to anyone. If the CG they are talking to demands $700, the patient always has the option to decline and seek someone else with a fairer price. If a CG can find 5 people willing to pay $700/oz, should he still charge $250? If you work for $10/hr and your company is willing to pay you $15/hr, should you decline so that they save money?

4) I won't let any of my patients have access to my grow room nor do they get to know the address of the facility where they are. That is a major security risk.

5) The recourse of the patient is to drop the CG (costs $10 to the state) and grow for themselves, find a new CG, purchase from another patient, or visit a dispensary.

this is why the farmers market collective w/membership works

Have a caregiver...get what you need at the club untill your caregiver has the crop ready

This is what I'm talking about...people are confused

They need a place to pick up some meds

That's the thing right...I guess I dont know who the greedy caregivers are

This is one of those free market questions

Its what the market will bear...but clubs can control price and keep it resonable with each other...and caregivers are like half ususally...just find a good one...keep trying...drive to another town if you have to find a club...

you wouldnt want someone to low ball your meds you worked hard on

And you dont want to pay through the nose for meds

That's co-operation...co-op collective...this is how its being done right now

This is a very repeatative topic....I really should have a template copy/paste for this one...but

I dont have new interesting slams for you this time....just look into things then type information as fact

Back it up with a link

This should be a good time of year for anyone buying some cannabis....enjoy it! :D

Guest sub4me

1) Yes, the system is broken. The job of the CG is not to look after the patient. The job of the CG is to look after the plants on behalf of the patient. The CG is then compensated with an amount determined privately between the Patient and CG.

2) CGs who operate their growing as a job would like to have an idea of what to expect for income before signing a patient. Just as a employee negotiates an hourly rate and number of hours per week.

3) Their is a difference between compassion and an agreement. The patient is not forced to pay any amount to anyone. If the CG they are talking to demands $700, the patient always has the option to decline and seek someone else with a fairer price. If a CG can find 5 people willing to pay $700/oz, should he still charge $250? If you work for $10/hr and your company is willing to pay you $15/hr, should you decline so that they save money?

4) I won't let any of my patients have access to my grow room nor do they get to know the address of the facility where they are. That is a major security risk.

5) The recourse of the patient is to drop the CG (costs $10 to the state) and grow for themselves, find a new CG, purchase from another patient, or visit a dispensary.

1. It is broken and CGs are taking advantage of Patients. Most CGs are only interested in getting a Patients growing rights and making money.

2. Many CGs are now demanding a certain amount of money a month in order to be your CG, Its BS, its a scam and the patient gets screwed.

3. The CGs are operating a business not providing compassionate care. Thier not doctors thier gardeners that it.

4. The PLANTS are NOT the CGs they belong to the PATIENT and a Patient should have access to their plants. So the risk is to the Patient no the CG.

5. No Patient should have a CG thats unregulated.

Guest sub4me

WHOA!

#5 is a problem

I wont reveal where I grow to anyone how can it be regulated?

It can't thats the problem. The CGs can do whatever they want with the Patients plants. No gurantee of quality, no inspection from the Patient (leaves the patient in the dark), no nothing you get what CG provides and a price they make up.

This is not Patient oriented its all geared toward the CG and the biggest problem is the CGs have no oversight except they only have thier five Patients and 12 plants per patient, other then that the CG has no rules, guidelines, nothing.

1. It is broken and CGs are taking advantage of Patients. Most CGs are only interested in getting a Patients growing rights and making money.

2. Many CGs are now demanding a certain amount of money a month in order to be your CG, Its BS, its a scam and the patient gets screwed.

3. The CGs are operating a business not providing compassionate care. Thier not doctors thier gardeners that it.

4. The PLANTS are NOT the CGs they belong to the PATIENT and a Patient should have access to their plants. So the risk is to the Patient no the CG.

5. No Patient should have a CG thats unregulated.

1) Bottom line, patients are customers. Just as they are for a for-profit Medical Center or at a free clinic, or at a Walgreens. The CG is the one that determines price. If it weren't for the for-profit CGs, the overall level of legal meds available would be significantly reduced. Nearly all of the risks of money, time and property, are placed on the CG

2) And Mercedes demands $50k for their car. If you only want to spend $20k on a car, check out Ford. Don't want that, check out the used dealership or a private sale.

3) Correct, for many CGs they are operating a business. Even with gardening, not everyone charges the same amount for landscaping services.

4) Wrong. By designating a CG, you give up ownership of the plants. If you are my patient, I am growing my plants to serve you. You have no right to enter my facility. Should you be able to your the pharma factory that makes your vicodin?

5) CGs are regulated. The regulations are weak because stronger ones would be largely unenforcable.

4)

So how many use this CG I wonder??

Looks like a drug dealer to me.

http://mdmmma.services.officelive.com/WhiteTrashParty2010.aspx

Uhm... which caregiver is that? Just one last question, why would you try to use a flier for some party as an example of a caregiver?

I wish you well in your crusade, and I hope someday you are able to overcome whatever trauma has put you on it.

My prayers are with you.

I agree the current system sucks....but its places like this that can make it better....a patient does not want/cant grow, come here to find a reputable CG, if they find one else where, they should post their experiences (good or bad)...we can weed (lol, thats funny) these people out. Again let me say, I am not against turning a profit, but reasonable prices are always the best for everyone. If I hear anyone of my friends say they are paying $400+ for a zip I always tell them they are crazy, but maybe I have been spoiled with getting quality stuff for reasonable prices my entire life....

I also dont think the state should regulate any CG....but maybe we could find a lab that can test everyone's product so we can see where all the numbers fall, or maybe getting certificates to show you completed a class or attended certain seminars.....the way it stands right now is kind of BS for the patient....maybe we could start a CG patient connection sub forum here? not just random people posting...I think that would aid in possibly making this the largest MM message board in the country...

With all do respect to the Moderators and Advanced members this is not a dead horse. This is an animal that is alive and kicking. Mabey I'm just getting here late so its redundant to you? I realize the members of the forum are the van guard and leaders of this movement. All of us, the citizens. Everyday history is being made and we are the reality. This topic is as important as any other within the movement.

I commend you sub4me...you are shaking up the accepted conceptions. People get a mixed message from the media.."become an entrepeneur, make 150K a year"...to truly grow as more of a hobby and mission is very honorable. If u do what u say you are 1 in a million, seriously bro. You are like a saint and although caregivers may sleep at night, they might have nightmares hearing your words. I am also a patient/caregiver and thinks 250$/ounce was the greatest deal in the world...I guess not. Caregivers have to give more I think...Dispensaries have to lower their prices to make it affordable to average people...again it comes down to the caregivers increasing their output and lowering their prices.

Caregivers and dispenseries that charge over the top prices always use the excuse of police possibly raiding their operations as the reason why they charge so much to have enough to defend themselves and what if they never get arrested do we get a refund on the overpriced meds they sold under this theory ?

I doubt it but every day more growers start producing and many more caregivers are avalable to take on more patients the only way to get the prices to drop is to boycott the greedy people that are out to bleed the sick and dying dry.

Guest sub4me

David Son, thanks for your input. Heres the problem, this site is CG oriented and alot of these guys get angry when someone ask the questions they refuse to answer. Notice all the logical questions I put forth. Was there one real honest answer?? NO. Why?? Because the CGs know I'm right and will not answer questions that put them in the spot light.

The system is broke and this very much an ongoing topic. So once again where are all the real Patients that need meds and are paying three hundred an ounce?? Whats that?? Oh there aren't any, you mean Joe in his wheel chair can't afford those prices?? John who has cancer can't afford those prices either?? Oh and Mary who was diagonised with Aids can she afford the meds she needs?? The FACT is most real Patients those who are sick, on state aid, or have little income can't afford to buy meds at these prices. So then whos doing all this buying?? Could it be addicts who got thier card and now hide behind it to use?? YES. Why are so many CGs Patients also?? I wonder.

Could it be that so many patients are caregivers because they learned to take care of themselves instead of complaining that no one else will. Now we share what we've learned.

A lot of us do take care of patients the right way. For you to constantly lump us all together is not very accurate. There are those that take advantage of every situation to make $$$. Why would MMj be any different.

You haven't found a good caregiver, does not mean the system is broke. And dude I gotta say that those of us that try to help as many as possable are less likly to want to jump in to a situation where the negativity is so prevalent. You have just offended the very people who you want help from. You think caregivers that charge less than 200 per advertise. You gotta go find them. Leave the negativity at home though.

You know that you do have some creative input in your own life regardless of how sick u are.

Addict's ? c'mon..........

Sending kind thoughts your way. May your heart be softened to allow for individual humans to decide what is best for themselves.

We are all working to help fix things. There is no "system" yet in anyone's eyes. Every side agrees work has to be done. Whatever makes you so angry at individual humans, who are real patients, who are choosing to have a caregiver, I hope you can let it go.

People should all be free to choose their own medications, and be able to get it however they can. Don't stand in the way of patients and caregivers (which is how some individual real human patients see some words). Let patients decide how they should get their medz. Not some gang or king or dictator or thug or government can vote away individual human rights or should be able to limit options here.

Is it perfect? Heck no!! Should we prevent some humans from getting their medz in a way (as long as it does not infringe on the rights of another human being to live for their own sake) that some people apparently get angry about, equally as loud "heck no".

Some prices are too high. Switch caregivers 'till you get a better deal. Don't hate those that use this "system" for now until we can improve it. All humans, even those you don't agree with, have the right to get natural herbal medicine if they so choose in what ever way they choose (as long as at does not infringe on another human being's rights). No person(s) have the right to rule against other any human(s) against their will (tyranny).

More choices are better than less.

I hope you don't hate hearing these words, but many of us don't like getting our individual human rights limited so much that it is hurtful. Hearing that some people think it is OK to rule over others without their consent is against what free human beings yearn for.

Trying to limit the patient/caregiver option because it isn't always fair is like trying to guarantee outcomes, which only occur in some Orwellian nightmare construct of a total police state where every action is regulated and monitored "for the greater good".

May people have their hearts softened for individuals to be able to choose for themselves.

Our rulers need to learn compassion, humanity, humility, service to fellow humans, and true justice.

Most caregivers I have met have many more of these traits than a comparison to elected and non-elected officials. I know the hearts of the men and women in our are mostly good. Too bad you feel so strongly that free will (as long as you are not harming others) must be crushed (harming or killing individual humans) to achieve some progressive utopia. Please stop trying to force others to do your will.

Thanks, and good luck with your pain and issues.

It's the same with gas, food, health care, everything. Its not the mmj system, Thats why it feels like beating a dead horse IMO.

The small groups have always been the ones who take care of those who get left behind. There are plenty out there that are doing just that. They just don't advertise, for obvious reasons including some that you have mentioned.

If the system is broke it's because of the caregivers & patients ability to help those outside their circle is limited. Patients can be the best caregivers. We know the issues from both sides. Have already established ourselves to the point where we are confident in the ability to help others.

I am weary of those who would prefer that we not be aloud to take care of ourselves. That we need to be regulated.

people just need to start caring more. About everything......

Guest sub4me

The problem is the CGs have no oversight, nothing, no recourse for a Patient while the other items are all inspected, regulated, and taxed.

No system will ever work thats one sided like this MM law is. It is a failure. If it wasn't you wouldn't have all these dispensaries popping up.

Archived