Overpriced Meds

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else smell bacon? :unsure:

Unreal some of the stupid chit showing up in these forums lately someone has a difference in opinion so that makes them law enforcement? :rolleyes:

REALLY? <_<

Im just about ready to call it a day here these forums are getting blatenly out of hand and the chat area?

I wont post what ive seen there because its detrimental to what we as patients are trying to accomplish.

Without being able to confirm who your talking to nobody should be discussing anything that can hurt you and the movement in an open forum thats why this site utilizes a private message system for these types of discussions just because your a forum member doesnt mean you cant be a oakland county sherrif on his day off surfing the web. :devil:

So who knows whos really who? :unsure:

Long story short i doubt any of us have the exact same idea of how the law reads and im positive we will never agree on price so this thread needs to be shut down its just causing more probloms imo.

Unreal some of the stupid chit showing up in these forums lately someone has a difference in opinion so that makes them law enforcement? :rolleyes:

REALLY? <_<

Im just about ready to call it a day here these forums are getting blatenly out of hand and the chat area?

I wont post what ive seen there because its detrimental to what we as patients are trying to accomplish.

Without being able to confirm who your talking to nobody should be discussing anything that can hurt you and the movement in an open forum thats why this site utilizes a private message system for these types of discussions just because your a forum member doesnt mean you cant be a oakland county sherrif on his day off surfing the web. :devil:

So who knows whos really who? :unsure:

Long story short i doubt any of us have the exact same idea of how the law reads and im positive we will never agree on price so this thread needs to be shut down its just causing more probloms imo.

I'm suspicious because the only time I've heard someone claim 4 or more ounces per plant from an indoor grow is when the cops bust someone and weigh the entire plant, rootball and all.

Just sayin' :unsure:

I never mentioned anything about price, either. I charge $200. :)

That only speaks to the entitlement of the number of plants. It does not address plant ownership.

As a caregiver if the cops raid me who is going to get in trouble? Me or the patient? In the eyes of the law you possess the plants so you own them. There has been no evidence to the contrary I have seen.

Hey I do agree with you Atheist and do understand your views on this whole situation. Im not saying my views are 100% right, just my current interpretations of them. But some good advice someone told me is this to cover your back. Know where you are at, know where the next person is at and know where the government is at. I guess in this screwed up state it depends where you live, but regardless it's better to make sure its 5 patients, 12 plants blah blah. Of course compensation is only natural. Crazy prices are one thing, but LEO is using propaganda tactics to make it sound like any type of fee is "drug dealing" this is wrong especially when townships across Michigan are considering charging additional fees to register patients with the local PD. That is absolute BS. Atheist, we have surpassed these stiffs in office when it comes to mentality. But the unfortunate thing is that we have to do what we have to do until they leave.

Hey I do agree with you Atheist and do understand your views on this whole situation. Im not saying my views are 100% right, just my current interpretations of them. But some good advice someone told me is this to cover your back. Know where you are at, know where the next person is at and know where the government is at. I guess in this screwed up state it depends where you live, but regardless it's better to make sure its 5 patients, 12 plants blah blah. Of course compensation is only natural. Crazy prices are one thing, but LEO is using propaganda tactics to make it sound like any type of fee is "drug dealing" this is wrong especially when townships across Michigan are considering charging additional fees to register patients with the local PD. That is absolute BS. Atheist, we have surpassed these stiffs in office when it comes to mentality. But the unfortunate thing is that we have to do what we have to do until they leave.

Oh absolutely. I think there is a big difference between how some officials are interpreting the law and the actual intent of the law. I live the better safe than sorry model. Even though I am pretty left leaning the free market is not a bad thing all the time and prices will straighten out with competition. How much a caregiver can make will become contingent on the market.

The way I see it the debate here has been that caregivers are just trying to get rich off of selling meds and are going into it for the wrong reason. I think most of us realize the yield claimed by both extremes is not normal. But that subject is really just a distraction from the essential issue which in my opinion is:

Is it unethical for a caregiver to make a profit?

If it is not unethical then the only question is a subjective one about how much is too much, and you might as well ask how many times a week is right to have sex because everyone will have their own opinion. I see no reason to condemn the whole caregiver/patient model because of something as subjective as wage. I also don't think motives matter at all and is just another red herring. No one says a person should not be a physical therapist if they are in it strictly for the money even though many people went into that profession for just that reason.

Ok here is a hypothetical:

John Doe is a factory worker, more specifically a line worker at General Motors. John has a loving wife, 2 kids and would probably be considered a law abiding citizen. John has worked at the factory for almost 15 years and enjoys his job and the benefits that come along with it. When him or his kids get sick, he has great healthcare. John finds out that one of his relatives has cancer. Fortunately, the cancer was caught earlier than later, but his relative still has to undergo some less than comfortable treatment. Being the nice guy John is, of course he offers to help his relative however he can, including any payments that may need to be made. But then 3 weeks later John is one of many people who get laid off from GM due to the economy. Building cars is all John has known for almost half his life On top of that, what about his healthcare benefits and more importantly, his family?

So now John has no job, and no income, just his savings. His relative with cancer pulled through with the minor surgery, but still has to take several different medications, which are going to add up cost wise. John is trying to look for other work, but in Michigan's economy it is hard and the only jobs really available are entry level ones that are comprised mostly of high school students. Is minmum wage going to help him and his family?

So would it be unethical if John's relative at some point brought up the issue of Medical Marijuana, especially if it cut his monthly medication costs? Besides paying for some of the start up supplies, John probably wouldn't charge his relative. After John becomes acquainted with growing Medical Marijuana, would it be wrong for John to gather 2-4 more patients and charge them a reasonable fee for his services? If he did that, then maybe he could take a low paying/min wage job, and still be OK. And if he is able to get back into the auto industry one day, then that would be even better.

We are focusing too much on the individuals who charge ridiculous prices and act like they are some monopoly on Medical Marijuana. Out of 50,000+ CGs and patients, I highly doubt that majority of them are drug dealers charging a premium for MMJ, but that is how things are being portrayed. You don't hear about John and his family.

We are focusing too much on the individuals who charge ridiculous prices and act like they are some monopoly on Medical Marijuana. Out of 50,000+ CGs and patients, I highly doubt that majority of them are drug dealers charging a premium for MMJ, but that is how things are being portrayed. You don't hear about John and his family.

Exactly. And as long as we all agree it is not inherently unethical for a caregiver to make a profit then we are down to the very subjective "how much is too much" question. The market will answer that question with time and really is not worth debating.

Even if some caregivers are less than ethical that is no reason condemn the patient/caregiver paradigm.

You know i want to add something to this, many are complaining about dispensaries,

you have to figure there paying an overhead for there building, legal advisers, and so on. Yes the prices are sky high, but what did you expect from this law, zips hanging from trees for free. Not likely to happen. And With all the hype about make a 100,000. a year or more as a supplier didn't you expect some greed to show its head. its all over the web. everyday folks come into the chat and ask how do i make that much money,or im gonna make a living on growing.. well i don't see that as possible.

And LEO definitely will do what he can to stop you.

I feel a dispensary is there for the patient that is temporarily out of meds and needs them. So you pay a bit more to have it NOW.. not later.

Growing your own is the best way, but of course that also takes time/money. If you want quality for the lowest cost learn to grow your own. But if you want to pay a reasonable price find a good caregiver. But your not going to find low priced and quality,, the two words don't go together.

I have gone to two CC clubs, one was ok, the other quite good. but even they have high prices. ex: 40. an 1/8. But good quality non the less.

Oh and by the way when you do decide or can grow your own, expect to spend 1000. or more for equipment.

Being a good caregiver still needs to recoup the cost of equipment and electic bills.

Well said willy.

How much medicine can you produce off 12 plants? Lets say 4 cycles a year it is more lets say 4 x 12 = 48 plants. Each plant harvests 3 oz. We all know it is more a lot more. Lets say 3oz. 3x48 = 144 ozs a year. OK so sell my meds back to me {because your such a nice person} at $200.00 an oz. Lets say I use 2 ozs a month. 24 oz. 24 x 200 $4800.00. And you still have 120 extra ozs of my meds a year! So lets say you are feel compassionate. And you sell the your overages at $200.00 an oz. We know its more. You would revenue another $24000.00 additional per patient. $24000.00+$4800.00 = $24800.00. So that is approx $28,000.00 dollars per patient. $28,000.00 x 5 = $140,000.00 Dollars in revenue a year. This is if you only produce 3 ozs per plant. You had better shut down shop because there is NO WAY to regroup all your costs with a $140,000.00 in revenue a year. We all know the cost to produce all them meds far exceeds $140,000.00 a year. BULL DEFECATION! All Im saying some people are in it for the wrong reasons! Please quit insulting the intelligences of the fine people of the State of Michigan.

um no offense but are you a c.g or going to be?

Dude you did the math, I will be a c.g, and the only math i have done was what it is costing to grow my house limit for me, what extra i have will go for patients, (when i become a c.g) you can bet im gonna grow upto 49 plants if i legaly can do that with the amount of patients i get. after I make some of the money back from the dispenses, my socalled profit, I will than be able to see what extra I can give to my patients, or make medibles for them .ike hard candy, suckers, things they can medicate with when they are in public!

I have not even gotten past. I think that 200 a oz will be a fair price for the rite mm for each patient, and im sure at times they will not be able to pay, and they will be out of meds,,do you think I wont give them meds, knowing i may possibly not get any money for that service?, I would hope you would in that situation,because I know i would, I already have, Everything comes out in the wash!

When a man asks you to walk 1 mile, walk 2 and you will have a very happy and complete life!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I haven't been to any compassion clubs, but I heard the going rate in certain clubs is $15. That's still a lot! I don't think dispensaries can charge enough to cover the insane risk they are taking. Best just to know someone.

Yea so pretty soon we will just be giving it out for free. Cool and the growers can just absorb all the costs..

This is kind of a silly thread.

Of course dispensaries charge more. Who do you think pays their $2,000 per month rent? Not to mention possible legal expenses, etc. Everyone is entitled to be compensated for what they produce and in general what is fair is what the market will bare. And it all comes down to a risk vs benefit ratio and what the opportunity costs are. If a guy has a choice of opening a hair salon or a MMJ dispensary, he has to plan on the dispensary returning a greater net gain than his other options.

Clearly, most patients will be looking for a discount to sign up with you and that will bring the cost down. But, you can't fault someone from wanting to get paid for their efforts and expertise. If you are giving 30% below street value, you are giving a fair deal. I say around $250 per zip for top quality strains is more than fair. For anything less, I wouldn't bother.

Exactly, which is why the CG system is broke. Theres no regulation or growing, quality, on anything. Its crazy to think that the CGs are going to look out for the Patient, they gonna look out for their bottom line and thats all they care about.

Why are so many CGs demanding the Patient needs to gurantee to get a certain amount every month or they won't be your CG??

Is it compassionate for a CG to demand you pay them $700 a month is exchange for 2.5 ounces two times or month?? If not they won't sign you, thats BS.

Is it compassionate when a CG won't let you see YOUR PLANTS (remember the plants belong to the Patient NOT the CG) or even let you know where they are, or give you any access??

Is it compassionate when the CG has all the power and the Patient has no recourse if the meds are bad, the meds aren't available, or what ever other excuse the patient is told??

The patient needs to do their homework before signing on a c.g, It stinks it has to be that way, but do you just let the first person who comes to give you an estimate on yard work, painting, building a home, or do you check some references maybe? If you are the 1st patient to the c.g I suggest you know the person, or get some one else who has a few patients who may be willing to vouche for c.g, and most def they should have a lil sample or 3 for ya!

Would that be ilegal? lol

Peace

FTW

Jim

cali has been legal 10 years i have smoke super og kush from cali and it cost 198 for a half with a receipt bar code on the bag and everything but here is cali prices i found online

Cali site with prices

some of the posts on that site are hilarious...places having "sales" or "friday blowouts" selling 1/8th for $50...but they have store fronts and salaries to pay so I guess they do what they have to....

Tend to use less

And conserve only use what is needed

One of the rarley illuminated benefit aspects of over priced meds <_<

Over priced :mellow:

No

Not if somebody buys it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, :notfair::blink::angry::unsure::notfair::thumbsd:

That's the essense of the primal market place

We need a free exchange from independent patients and caregivers

Then people NOT dispenseries will be setting prices

The market sets prices when the few in control are getting rich...and richer

When everyone can do it...it will have diversity and strength