Overpriced Meds

A lot of people claim that the prices are high cause "its good" or cause of the costs of growing. If your compensation price is 200-250 an oz then IMO that more than covers the cost of nutes and the electric bill. Either people are being greedy or a lot of people have their hands on the meds before it reaches the patient.

Well said! I believe rite around 200 a z is plenty, and you will recoup your investment in time, be fair and you can make an honest living, and make patients happy!

Peace

FTW

Jim

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You my friend are full of _ _ _ _ . Have a nice day!!

That's an opinion I'm sure some would agree with. The problem is you have not made a reasoned argument to my premise. And opinions are like BELLY BUTTONS .... Everyone has one.

MOD REMOVE BAD WORD ...

edited to add

I apologize to the mods for using the bad word and making them take the time to edit my post. I know you have better things to do than babysit my manors.

And I give them props for replacing it with such an amusing replacement.

Once again.....FEK THAT CHIT . I hear the same people all the time..... "I dont blame the disp.... they take a big risk... the economy sucks...." As a caregiver will they put me in a nicer jail? Is their some clause i dont know of where they wont destroy my life? Is my economy different than that of the guy making fat bank at the disp? Somehow my lights cost less to run.... people expect compassion out of caregivers yet they are fine being raped by the disp....cuz after all they took a risk. lmao :D

Just to put things in a bit of a different perspective. Isn't this discussion exactly the same as one that could be made about tickets, food, and drinks at sporting events? My answer to that situation is exactly the same... there are people that are willing to pay those prices and therefore those prices are what SOME people charge, there are also less expensive alternative places to get those exact same meds (hotdogs, drinks, or snacks). It is all relative to ones position financially at the time, a couple years back spending $700 or more at a shot wouldn't have even been a question, nowadays spending $700 a month is cause for concern...

To each their own, and it's none of our business what somebody is charging, and if they are charging you that kind of price it is up to you whether or not to pay it... as I said there are other sources that may fall into your budget range...

I'd be willing to be your caregiver. I can't stand what I'm hearing about the prices and what people are going through. I thought marijuana would go down in price! Everything I've heard is it has gone up! I'm charging $100 an ounce with a $400 cap per month. Growing Blueberry, Road Runner 2 and Orange Bud right now, but can get any strain you want. Harvest every two weeks with perpetual harvest so I never will run out. Other patient seems to be very happy so far! Lets cut the cost down and do this right! We did not legalize for $$! We do it for the passion and love. Thank you!

This is never going to be a subject that everyone agrees on ever so i thought the beating the deadhorse smilie was very appropriate nobody regarding of what strain it is should be charging over $300 a oz for good medicine but if someone wants more you can always pass which i gladly do because some caregivers and growers think that they need to recoup all their investment on their first crop instead of spreading out the costs over time . :watching:

This is never going to be a subject that everyone agrees on ever so i thought the beating the deadhorse smilie was very appropriate nobody regarding of what strain it is should be charging over $300 a oz for good medicine but if someone wants more you can always pass which i gladly do because some caregivers and growers think that they need to recoup all their investment on their first crop instead of spreading out the costs over time . :watching:

I agree with that. Most people would want to spread the cost out so they get a ROI in the first year. But most people don't have a business mindset and don't count their labor for anything.

I work a lot with small businesses and have a pretty good idea on what it would take with cost of store front rental, accountant. advertising, lawyers, etc... Most people are only considering the cost of electricity and nutrients and if that is all you consider then $200 is probably pretty good. But the dispensaries have to buy it at that price then cover all those other cost. Like I said if you don't want to pay that don't buy it from them.

I agree with that. Most people would want to spread the cost out so they get a ROI in the first year. But most people don't have a business mindset and don't count their labor for anything.

I work a lot with small businesses and have a pretty good idea on what it would take with cost of store front rental, accountant. advertising, lawyers, etc... Most people are only considering the cost of electricity and nutrients and if that is all you consider then $200 is probably pretty good. But the dispensaries have to buy it at that price then cover all those other cost. Like I said if you don't want to pay that don't buy it from them.

Thats so not realistic.... the disp will allow me to sell cheap meds if..... i pay to be a member .... pay to rent a locker.... and they get 20 percent off what i charge....and you pay to be a member. they'd make more than i ever would. im struggling to do this as cheap as i am... they are making fat bank. Im a caregiver so im the Antichrist and these peeps get rich of the sick and peeps act like they are mother Teresa cause they take risks.

Thats so not realistic.... the disp will allow me to sell cheap meds if..... i pay to be a member .... pay to rent a locker.... and they get 20 percent off what i charge....and you pay to be a member. they'd make more than i ever would. im struggling to do this as cheap as i am... they are making fat bank. Im a caregiver so im the Antichrist and these peeps get rich of the sick and peeps act like they are mother Teresa cause they take risks.

I think what the fundamental disagreement is to how much "bank" they are making. I doubt with their overhead they are doing that well. Let me ask you this. What is a fair annual income for the owner of a dispensary?

As for the risk issue. Just because the end result is the same it does not logically follow you have equal risk. If you have your cards and are growing in your basement and not using dispensaries or go to clubs you are pretty low risk of arrest. However if you have a store front with a cannabis lief on the windows and are pushing the limits of the law you are at a much higher risk. So lets not pretend that your risk is or has to be the same as theirs.

I know I said this somewere else on here but some people love paying $500 for jeans because they can. Some people love the idea of going to dispensaries and picking out what they want like a little shopping spree. A friend of mine loves going, even though the prices are high. If you can't afford it don't go its that simple you can get it off the street legally. Still best to do like Phaquetoo did and go to an old connection to keep it more secret.

The fact is I don't know how much it costs to purchase the meds they (dispensaries) have. And some other facts, running a business isn't cheap.

They have to pay for everything that I am not even going to list, but when you are a brick and mortar store paying for employees, taxes, insurance, utilities, and also facing possible raid's.......

I could see how you might not have the cheapest product in comparison to people who are just caregivers and who do not have all of those expenses.

Pharmasudical companies rob people for money, not mmmj suppliers. Even at 400 an oz. for pure organic high quality mmmj you are doing way better than a month worth of oxycontin, not only financially but you are not poisioning your body with synthentics. Typically mmmj works better at treating a wide varity of symptoms without knockin you down for the day. I think quality of life has no salary cap.

elklake, we aren't talking TOP QUALITY meds here...

We are talking about TOP DOLLAR for less than (sometimes garbage) quality meds...

The ''dispensery'' here, allows the Indipendant Farmer set price... Which IS THE MOST RETARDED THING EVER...

Now, I'm ALLLLLLL for the I.F. getting compensated for the hard work and effort..

BUT, when said hard work, produces GARBAGE, don't peddal your crap for 15/g (which the shop will add on top of) and the shop SHOULD NOT allow such things to happen...

I personally feel it's up to the dispenseries to place a ''cap'' on prices... just my thoughts though...

with that, the really GOOD stuff for 10/g sitting next to the GARBAGE for 10/g will ALWAYS go quicker...

Is there any growers with overages and dispensaries out there not trying to rip people off? I know there is somewhere. Where?.. However I cant seem find them. How can a so called dispensary owners sleep at night? I can see paying Disneyland prices if you get to go to Disneyland. It is like Edge Water Park! They are way over charging for meds that are no where near medical grade. I went {yes I'm pointing fingers} to a place in Warren {Frazho and Sch.} yesterday. So after running me threw the ringer. I had to sign my name 3 different places. They think they are covering their a s s. They are not!! Leo don't care about some waiver. The least inexpensive meds were 18 dollars a gram and they looked almost fake. No where near medical grade. One out of six different products may have been considered medical grade. Some of you would have found none. They did have 1 half way decent strain. Its was $ 25 dollars a gram. WTF! Also the owner recommended a strain. It was $20 a gram. It smelled good. Its was un smoke able. It tasted like bad nutes and chemicals. I threw it away. You do the math. Please people show some compassion. I know if I'm not happy don't go there. Trust me I wont any more. Being Legal is a lot different than I pictured. Makes me want to go back to medicating with regs again. My 2 cents worth. Yes I expressed my Concerns to the owner. I hope things change soon!! Thanks for looking!!

I think you've already done all you can do. Tell the owner you're not satisfied. Tell him you will be taking your business elsewhere. If enough people do this, prices will go down and quality will go up. That is the beauty of the free markets. The downside is that this isn't anywhere close to a real free market yet for cannabis.

The problem with these prices at the dispensaries is that it's making caregivers raise their prices based on what people will pay. I know someone that sells good quality smoke for $25 a gram or $525 an ounce. That's crap! I personally know the cost of growing does'nt equal $525 an ounce. But once again people will pay these prices for some reason. Stop paying those prices!

I'd be willing to be your caregiver. I can't stand what I'm hearing about the prices and what people are going through. I thought marijuana would go down in price! Everything I've heard is it has gone up! I'm charging $100 an ounce with a $400 cap per month. Growing Blueberry, Road Runner 2 and Orange Bud right now, but can get any strain you want. Harvest every two weeks with perpetual harvest so I never will run out. Other patient seems to be very happy so far! Lets cut the cost down and do this right! We did not legalize for $$! We do it for the passion and love. Thank you!

Where you located? I'm looking for a good caregiver myself. I've had the same problem up here with a couple of so called compassion clubs. At a 100.00 a 1/4, 400.00 an oz. No price break here.

you are right sub wind, you should be seeing top quality cola's for anything over 250 a z. I guess I never considered people would try to pass off little inner buds for hi prices. Sure does seem like the dispensary wouldnt let this happen so as not to spoil their name. Things people do for money, never ceases to amaze me. Now if youll excuse me I missed 4:20 break.

you are right sub wind, you should be seeing top quality cola's for anything over 250 a z. I guess I never considered people would try to pass off little inner buds for hi prices. Sure does seem like the dispensary wouldnt let this happen so as not to spoil their name. Things people do for money, never ceases to amaze me. Now if youll excuse me I missed 4:20 break.

Not everyone pawns off garbage, but some WOW, I can't believe it's even AT the place..

I think the biggest problems with dispensaries is SUPPLY.. if the places had decent SUPPLY, they wouldn't have to settle for crap..

BUT SERIOUSLY, some of these people should just be turned away...

ALSO, some of the meds i've gotten were LOADED with ferts, I almost considered tossing some Grape Ape once, it was so horrible (with leftover ferts) It makes me wonder if ANY sort of QC is happening at the dispensaries, I mean, are they not trying this stuff??

there have been quite a few posts since i have last viewed this thread, and i admit that i have not read them all, but my thoughts on dispensaries has not changed.

they are 100% necessary. that's all there is to it.

not everyone is rich............. but some people are.

what would you say to eating a meal in a high class restaurant that costs $60 per person every night? most of us wouldnt do it......... sans special occasions.......... but some people do it every night. EVERY NIGHT.

some people ingest more cannabis than their caregiver can provide. some people drive cavaliers and some drive mercedes.

some people are blinded by the idea that they can get the best of the best instantly. as caregivers, we all know where our best meds go (patients). a dispensary cannot grow for itself. it must buy from caregivers.

dispensary's have historically taken many many hits/heat/arrests in the name of medical cannabis. being the most public, they are the most susceptible.

we need them, and they need us. why do you not complain when you pay 50 cents for that can of corn?? it costs the farmer less than 10 cents to grow.

sweet corn?? 12 for $3?? lmao...... they making 300% profit. more than the dispensaries are making. a road-side farmer stand does not have security, rent, and other bills to pay either.

what people need to know is that their meds COME FROM US.............. and thats why they cost so much........ their is a mark-up to pay costs.

if you were my patient, you could pick that ounce up for $150-$200................ but the law only allows me to grow for five people.......... if you arent one of those five, you are going to have to pay for MORE lights, electricity, rent, employees, security, city permits, water, gas, and everything else that the dispensary pays for..... on top of my meds..................... if you arent one of my patients, but want my meds, its gonna cost you............ and that IS THE STATES FAULT!! NOT THE DISPENSARIES.

Is there any growers with overages and dispensaries out there not trying to rip people off? I know there is somewhere. Where?.. However I cant seem find them. How can a so called dispensary owners sleep at night? I can see paying Disneyland prices if you get to go to Disneyland. It is like Edge Water Park! They are way over charging for meds that are no where near medical grade. I went {yes I'm pointing fingers} to a place in Warren {Frazho and Sch.} yesterday. So after running me threw the ringer. I had to sign my name 3 different places. They think they are covering their a s s. They are not!! Leo don't care about some waiver. The least inexpensive meds were 18 dollars a gram and they looked almost fake. No where near medical grade. One out of six different products may have been considered medical grade. Some of you would have found none. They did have 1 half way decent strain. Its was $ 25 dollars a gram. WTF! Also the owner recommended a strain. It was $20 a gram. It smelled good. Its was un smoke able. It tasted like bad nutes and chemicals. I threw it away. You do the math. Please people show some compassion. I know if I'm not happy don't go there. Trust me I wont any more. Being Legal is a lot different than I pictured. Makes me want to go back to medicating with regs again. My 2 cents worth. Yes I expressed my Concerns to the owner. I hope things change soon!! Thanks for looking!!

nobody throughs away weed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived