I Could Use Some Advice

MellowFellow

I have a friend who wants to grow cannabis and he has a CG card. He got the card for his wife who needs the medicine pretty bad. He has never grown anything in his life and now he wants my help setting up a grow. I said I would help when I can but he should really just dive in and begin the learning journey. He won't read books or anything on-line and he expects me to hold his hand through the whole process. I figured this would be a good time to express how difficult growing really is for most newbies. He just said today that he's got his 1st patient signed up! WTF Man! I told him that was a bad move because you need to build a grow room and spend alot of money on equipment and most importiant learn how to grow 1st. He said "How hard can it be it's just a weed man."

What do ya say to a person like this? :growl:

I would have him read BubbleGrower's thread at least! :thumbsu:

Seriously, he's going to be bugging the heck out of you though. And now you're going to be "letting 2 people down" when you are too busy to help.

I would set him straight now. If he's too lazy to read up or at least look at some of BubbleGrower's threads, he's going to be a pain in your arse!

The old MMMA files have a mountain of serious in depth horticulture lessons - very valuable if you take the time to digest them.

And, it is not a weed at all - that is just one of it's nicknames. He will learn quickly - and the expensive route too boot.

Easy... lol I guess that would depend on whether you want a 100watt light bulb Closet grow with soil out your back door or Medical Grade.

Either way "Never" sign up patients with out product! and even then try to rinse and repeat that grow....

Let him find out the hard way then....

You tell them that you are glad that they have it under control, and won't be surprised to hear about his level of success. ;)

I mean how hard can it be the green side goes up, right? Some folks will only learn by falling off the handle bars of the motorcycle and losing a few teeth... ce la vie.

I have a friend who wants to grow cannabis and he has a CG card. He got the card for his wife who needs the medicine pretty bad. He has never grown anything in his life and now he wants my help setting up a grow. I said I would help when I can but he should really just dive in and begin the learning journey. He won't read books or anything on-line and he expects me to hold his hand through the whole process. I figured this would be a good time to express how difficult growing really is for most newbies. He just said today that he's got his 1st patient signed up! WTF Man! I told him that was a bad move because you need to build a grow room and spend alot of money on equipment and most importiant learn how to grow 1st. He said "How hard can it be it's just a weed man."

If hes not willing to put in the needed google legwork i say you just let him deal with this himself.

Give a man a fish he will eat that day teach a man how to fish he will never be hungry again.

I would tell him, "I heard that it was just a weed too. I must be doing it all wrong so I really can't help you out."

Tell him to just get a few seeds from the bottom of a bag, throw them in some dirt and come back in a few months and let you know how that worked out. But in the meantime his wife and his other patient are going to need help so he should make arrangements with a good caregiver or find a CC to supply their meds while his weed is growing. :sword:

I personally don't have much tolerance for people who want everything handed to them. If the person is not motivated enough to help themselves why should I be motivated to help them?

I realy find it funny! I guess I dont have the tolerence either! Thats why I spent most of my spring/summer throwing and burying seeds.

so c.gs like that guy can just go out and pic some ditch weed! Lmao

Peace

FTW

Jim

I think pointing his wife and patient to a CC will be a good thing and as for him.... I guess with the attitude he's taken on the subject I'll let him ride it out a while and see if he finds the truth somewhere in the mist of his journey. Asking me for help was his first mistake because I'm pretty fresh on the grow scene too. A couple years later and I'm JUST reaching the goal of haveing enough meds to satisfy my evil aches and pains.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Have a great day! :D

I wouldn't have any advise for him. The guy has no business pretending to be a CG when he has no experience or expertise. No way I would share my experience and expertise with a scammer. What if a guy you know came to you for advise on doing a roof that he had contracted without knowing about roofing.

He is taking business away from legitimate CGs who know what they are doing.

Bad stuff man - all bad stuff.

I realy find it funny! I guess I dont have the tolerence either! Thats why I spent most of my spring/summer throwing and burying seeds.

so c.gs like that guy can just go out and pic some ditch weed! Lmao

Peace

FTW

Jim

I did that for years. I always figured if everyone did they would not be able to get it all. But to date it has not worked.

I agree with everything that has been said here so far. (especially with Wild Bill!) Seriously, let's pretend you DID hold his hand through the initial setup process and got him started in his grow. Three days later, when his plants are wilting, or dry, or there are strange insects on them, he will be calling you to solve his problems. This person can NEVER be a competent grower, BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO BE A COMPETENT GROWER!

To be a competent grower you HAVE TO read. You HAVE TO look stuff up on the net. You have be a student. There is no way around it. Having you hold his hand will NEVER even help him achieve his goals. Because there WILL come a time when you cannot hold his hand through something difficult in his grow. You won't have time to look up solutions, if you haven't already experienced it. And, he will have to look it up all on his own, and will have no idea wear to look because he never has!

I wish you lots of luck, and even better boundaries in this relationship, MellowFellow! (You'll need em both!)

Archived