Dr Greenthumbs Trainwreck- (Arcata Cut) Feminized ♀ Seed To Smoke Report

KingDiamond, how exciting it is to see the progress of this strain. Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see how they turn out. What a nice way to start the year! 3 out of 3 Ferengi agree that we are eagerly anticipating the 27 days to pass...ferengi-1.jpg

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arcata Trainwreck (mostly Sativa, lineage unknown), acquired from Colorado Care Facilities from older stock (February?)

Price: $60/8th + tax *strain is unavailable as of April 22nd*

Appearance/Texture

This strain is known for its “foxtailing” (where calyxes build upon one another in columns, lending an exotic appearance to the buds and helping the calyx-to-leaf ratio), and this sample definitely had that happening. The solitary slender nug that I ended up with had an interesting shape due to the foxtailing, it was almost a crescent, with the tip being nothing but calyxes stacked on top of one another. The trich coverage is pretty ridiculous, especially when viewed with the microscope — the majority are cloudy-headed, but there are about 10% ambers, with the majority of the smaller non-glandular trichs being totally amber. The calyx to leaf ratio is excellent even though there were some stray leaves to be seen (a rarity with Bryan’s manicures) — however, they were so very crystally, I wouldn’t have wanted to really lose them. The calyxes weren’t overly massive like I might’ve expected, but they were medium-large and a somewhat sparse population of fiery orange-red pistils shooting form them.

"foxtailing" thats an interesting term, everyone I know refers to it as fingering (not in a dirty way either, :devil: get your minds out of the gutter)....it happens to DJ's bb too if the humidity is to high...something I learned the hard way a while back.....

glad to see this grow coverage, because this is what I am running next in BG's bubble tote system....hopefully I get similar results!! nice work by the way

"foxtailing" thats an interesting term, everyone I know refers to it as fingering (not in a dirty way either, :devil: get your minds out of the gutter)....it happens to DJ's bb too if the humidity is to high...something I learned the hard way a while back.....

glad to see this grow coverage, because this is what I am running next in BG's bubble tote system....hopefully I get similar results!! nice work by the way

Thanks! :thumbsu:

Be prepared she stretched like mad in soil i cant imagine what she will do in a bubble tote. :unsure:

^^I will be topping this one until she has about 20+ heads....and trimming about 50% of the fan leaf's to allow light penetration....this is an important run for me...so I am going to be gambling with all my knowledge I have acquired and hopefully a bit of luck.

i put my TW in bubbles last night :)http://michiganmedic...post__p__247479

LOOKIN' GREAT KD!!!

^^I will be topping this one until she has about 20+ heads....and trimming about 50% of the fan leaf's to allow light penetration....this is an important run for me...so I am going to be gambling with all my knowledge I have acquired and hopefully a bit of luck.

Just my 2 cents but I wouldnt cut any fan leaves, they are the engines that make your buds, why cut them?

Foxtailing is normally a genetic trait in DJ's, and most other strains, and is not normally related to humidity. It is an identifying factor in a lot of strains. You probably have an Indica dominant BB which doesn't normally foxtail. In DJ's Sativa leaning strains which are most, foxtail buds are pretty much the staple. Yours is a really good example of how environment effects a strains phenotypes.

Great looking girls King! A couple of my patients, and most of my friends love Arcata Trainwreck.. I really love the effects, but for some reason the heavy sandalwood, menthol, type flavor doesn't agree with me, although I never turn it down. I may have smoked too much of it LOL (never built up a tolerence)! The Arcata cut has been a staple over in the Gr. Rapids area for quite a few years, and is pretty established over here. Good memories, I remember getting my first clone of the Arcata cut a little more than six years back. I was so geeked! It was fun to grow.

You are doing a beautiful job. Looks just like the clone I used to grow too.

wow! mezmerizing! Emmersome hairy girls! :o

dang purty!

Aren't they some colorful beauty's? :wub:

The taller trainwrecks cola is huge ! :blink:

Day 49 of flower

dscn0075f.jpg

dscn0074o.jpg

Its hard to put something in reference to judge its size but its bigger than my fist and foxtailing all over the place too i like what I'm seeing with this strain! :goodjob:

Just my 2 cents but I wouldnt cut any fan leaves, they are the engines that make your buds, why cut them?

In my experience there are more than enough leaves already, cutting some of them allows for more light penetration.....people have tons of opinions on this topic, but I am going to go with what I have learned over the years..

Archived