Waterford Pot Providers Were Entrapped By Police-Produced Fake Cards

Was great to see you there as well. Sorry we got there late - I just haven't been feeling well this whole week.

I'm still baffled about that last young black man that was on the stand that took a deal and in my opinion - should not have.

He must have had a terrible attorney - or, there's something more to his story? I guess we'll know more on December 1st.

Hey, my better half wants me to ask you what was the name of the movie you told her to watch.

I thought all of the defense attorneys did a great job. Was grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat to get to see who the three undercover officers were.

Hey moderators:

NOTE:

If I get someone to forward me the pictures that were taken in the courtroom today - I have seen them - can I post their photo's in a new forum topic?

I think people need to know who these three people are because Bob told me that earlier today it was said that there were 17 people out there (undercover officers with fake cards).

At least people would know who these three are.

Let me know,

Mizerman

Hello the movie thing wasn't me any ways you have pic of the under covers? and yes i think i heard 17

i think we are missing some thing here also may like what was said by Southern Cross their are so many we can't keep up

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of the same if they made a fake state ID for an officer under 21? I'm pretty sure that's a no no. At least if that ID is used to get the officer into a bar on the hopes of arresting for underage drinking.

I had a relative who was an underage decoy for a police department. She would go to party stores and attempt to buy alcohol without ID. They never used fake ID, only bust stores who sold without asking.

Of The Oakland Pressdoc4ce6bd4b3e29f688844265.jpg

Click to enlarge

doc4ce6bd4b3e29f688844265.jpg

Max Brochert, of Birmingham, testifies during a pre-exam hearings for the marijuana arrests held at the Waterford Township Hall auditorium. (The Oakland Press/TIM THOMPSON)

Undercover officers in a summertime investigation into Waterford’s Everybody’s Cafe used fake medical marijuana cards to gain entrance to the dispensary, according to testimony Friday during a preliminary examination.

Oakland County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Enforcement Team undercover officers Kurt Bearer and Derek Myers testified Friday afternoon that they used fake cards to enter the compassion club on Airport Road in Waterford. Myers said he created them using a basic Photoshop program and used a false last name on the card.

The testimony was presented during the preliminary exams for eight people in front of 51st District Judge Richard Kuhn Jr. The exams were held in Waterford Township Town Hall Auditorium.

Those entering Everybody’s Cafe were also required to present another form of valid identification. Myers said he also presented a state issued Michigan driver’s license with a false last name, which is legal because he’s an undercover officer.

Both officers said they wore recording devices while purchasing marijuana at the business on multiple occasions. During Myers’ testimony, the court viewed an undercover video he recorded on Aug. 23, in which he entered the club and purchased some marijuana from people sitting at a table inside.

In testimony Friday morning, Chubbs the alligator was the star of the show.

Max Brochert, 22, of Birmingham — a co-defendant in the case — was the first person to take the witness stand Friday morning.

After being pummeled with questions from a prosecutor and six defense lawyers for about three hours, Brochert was asked about his pet alligator. During an August press conference announcing the raids, Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard told the media that the alligator was guarding a marijuana growing operation at one defendant’s home.

The alligator belongs to Brochert and is about 18 inches long. Brochert said the alligator lives in the basement of his Birmingham home in a man-made pond in a room with a door and is not close to the marijuana he grows as a caregiver.

Named Chubbs, the gator has small teeth and is owned legally as a pet, Brochert testified.

Brochert is facing several charges, including three counts of delivery or manufacture of marijuana or the conspiracy to commit that crime, possession of a Taser and felony firearms.

He said he was testifying Friday in hopes of obtaining a lesser sentence.

Brochert told the court that he went to Everybody’s Cafe three times in the span of one month during the summer, usually selling marijuana. He purchased marijuana once at the cafe, which doubled as a compassion club at night.

After 51st District Judge Richard Kuhn Jr. adjourned court for the day, defense attorney Jeffrey Perlman said his clients and all others in the case believed they were acting within the law while at Everybody’s Cafe.

“The only time anybody sold to somebody who was not legal was when the undercover officers came in with forged cards which look identical to the cards you get from the Michigan Department of Community Health.

“Police used trickery and fraud to get into Everybody’s Cafe,” Perlman said. “They targeted sick people who were certified by the Michigan Department of Community Health and certified by a doctor (to be allowed to use marijuana).”

The charges on many of the defendants stem from an undercover investigation at Everybody’s Cafe, 1431 Airport Road in Waterford, owned by Candace and William Teichman of Waterford.

The Teichmans are among those charged with delivery or manufacture of marijuana and were in court on Friday.

Those appearing for Friday’s preliminary exam include Laval Anthony Crawford, 38, of Waterford, Matthew John-Drinnon Miller, 26, of Waterford, Todd Phillip Robinson, 34, of Southfield, Kirk Alan Swafford, 28, of Waterford, Brian Vaughn, age and address unknown, Jennifer L. Zuck, 29, of Waterford.

Their exams will resume Dec. 1.

Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper said a number of those charged in the case have waived their preliminary exams. They include Brochert and Mario Hatchett, who also testified Friday.

Others who waived their exams include Andrew Neter, Angie Custodioharver, Michael Danto, William Rush and Edward Thomas.

Gary Miller pleaded guilty to one count of manufacturing THC. He is scheduled to be sentenced at 1 p.m. Dec. 9 in front of Oakland County Circuit Court Judge Phyllis McMillen.

Okay.

Someone else contacted me who has some other pictures they would like to share with me as well.

Check the message I sent you and call me. I also sent PB a message last night as well about this.

Thanks,

Mizerman

p.s. simply trying to protect our members

Guest thequietone

Mizerman,

I would think if the paper is willing to show their picture then I don't see any problem posting them here, IMO.

If someone contacts the forum we can always take them down.

Good morning!!

Skip .. please don't do it yet. Not the pictures.

There's something itching at the back of my head on this one. Don't know what it is, but please wait.

The movie .. that was me talking about the movie "The Serpent and the Rainbow."

It's kinda like "Indiana Jones" for the pharmaceutical world. Based on real world events and a couple of drugs that are being used by modern medicine today.

I had a relative who was an underage decoy for a police department. She would go to party stores and attempt to buy alcohol without ID. They never used fake ID, only bust stores who sold without asking.

From what I've read and this is not my belief, but the prosecution is saying it doesn't matter that the cards were fake. This is because they just wanted to catch them selling marijuana and then bust them for it. In order for them to 'catch' them selling marijuana, they needed the fake cards. They are saying it's not entrapment.

Again, this isn't my opinion. Just stating what my understanding of the persecutors [sic] view is....

Were Brochet and Hatchet testifying for the prosecution?

Yes, Alligator Man, the drug dealer, is testifying for the prosecution against the patients and caregivers.

I found the news article about him selling drugs. This is one of the reports where Douchard claims “In one location, a guy had live alligators protecting his marijuana plants. It was like something out of a bad Cheech and Chong movie.” But in the article Bob linked to their star witness shows that this is a lie,

"The alligator belongs to Brochert and is about 18 inches long. Brochert said the alligator lives in the basement of his Birmingham home in a man-made pond in a room with a door and is not close to the marijuana he grows as a caregiver." Douchard himself is like something out of a bad Cheech and Chong movie. (was there a bad Cheech and Chong Movie? I thought they were all pretty good :lol: )

The Alligator Man was charged with selling drugs (cocaine).

“He ended up having Psilocybin mushrooms, cocaine, marijuana plants, marijuana, and he did have an alligator. It wasn’t really an aquarium, but he had, like, a pond set up in his basement ... and he had a foot-and-a-half-long alligator that was down there. Initially, we didn’t see it when we went into the house, but then when we were searching, it kind of jumped out at us and hissed at us. He was a pretty aggressive little sucker,” Miles said.

Brochert was arraigned Aug. 27 in 48th district court on multiple drug and weapons felony charges. He pleaded not guilty and was released after posting his $100,000 personal bond pending a pre exam conference before Judge Marc Barron.

“Max was charged with delivery/manufacture marijuana because he had marijuana packaged up for sale. He was charged with felony firearm because he had a handgun at the residence, and he was charged with delivery/manufacture marijuana because he had marijuana plants growing in the house. He was charged with possession of cocaine under 25 grams because he had cocaine in the house, and he was charged with possession of Psilocybin mushrooms,” Miles said.

http://www.candgnews.com/Homepage-Articles/2010/09-01-10/Birmingham-drug-raid.asp

Yes, Alligator Man, the drug dealer, is testifying for the prosecution against the patients and caregivers.

I found the news article about him selling drugs. This is one of the reports where Douchard claims “In one location, a guy had live alligators protecting his marijuana plants. It was like something out of a bad Cheech and Chong movie.” But in the article Bob linked to their star witness shows that this is a lie,

"The alligator belongs to Brochert and is about 18 inches long. Brochert said the alligator lives in the basement of his Birmingham home in a man-made pond in a room with a door and is not close to the marijuana he grows as a caregiver." Douchard himself is like something out of a bad Cheech and Chong movie. (was there a bad Cheech and Chong Movie? I thought they were all pretty good :lol: )

The Alligator Man was charged with selling drugs (cocaine).

“He ended up having Psilocybin mushrooms, cocaine, marijuana plants, marijuana, and he did have an alligator. It wasn’t really an aquarium, but he had, like, a pond set up in his basement ... and he had a foot-and-a-half-long alligator that was down there. Initially, we didn’t see it when we went into the house, but then when we were searching, it kind of jumped out at us and hissed at us. He was a pretty aggressive little sucker,” Miles said.

Brochert was arraigned Aug. 27 in 48th district court on multiple drug and weapons felony charges. He pleaded not guilty and was released after posting his $100,000 personal bond pending a pre exam conference before Judge Marc Barron.

“Max was charged with delivery/manufacture marijuana because he had marijuana packaged up for sale. He was charged with felony firearm because he had a handgun at the residence, and he was charged with delivery/manufacture marijuana because he had marijuana plants growing in the house. He was charged with possession of cocaine under 25 grams because he had cocaine in the house, and he was charged with possession of Psilocybin mushrooms,” Miles said.

http://www.candgnews...m-drug-raid.asp

Yes but the coke and the guy said it was MDA and was not real the PA said and he had a tease

Gun i may see why he did what he did am not OK with it all am saying is their must be more to all of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sjSHazjrWg

Marijuana case focuses on co-defendant and pet alligator WITH VIDEO
Published: Friday, November 19, 2010

Bill and Candace Teichman during pre-exam hearings for their marijuana arrest. (The Oakland Press/TIM THOMPSON)

An 18-inch alligator, about the size of this one, was found in a pond in the basement of a Birmingham man. Prosecutors said the man used it to guard his marijuana plants. (Photo courtesy of Kelli Oliver George via Flickr)
By DAVE PHILLIPS
Of The Oakland Press

Click to enlarge

Max Brochert, of Birmingham, testifies during a pre-exam hearings for the marijuana arrests held at the Waterford Township Hall auditorium. (The Oakland Press/TIM THOMPSON)
Undercover officers in a summertime investigation into Waterford’s Everybody’s Cafe used fake medical marijuana cards to gain entrance to the dispensary, according to testimony Friday during a preliminary examination.

Oakland County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Enforcement Team undercover officers Kurt Bearer and Derek Myers testified Friday afternoon that they used fake cards to enter the compassion club on Airport Road in Waterford. Myers said he created them using a basic Photoshop program and used a false last name on the card.

The testimony was presented during the preliminary exams for eight people in front of 51st District Judge Richard Kuhn Jr. The exams were held in Waterford Township Town Hall Auditorium.

Those entering Everybody’s Cafe were also required to present another form of valid identification. Myers said he also presented a state issued Michigan driver’s license with a false last name, which is legal because he’s an undercover officer.

Both officers said they wore recording devices while purchasing marijuana at the business on multiple occasions. During Myers’ testimony, the court viewed an undercover video he recorded on Aug. 23, in which he entered the club and purchased some marijuana from people sitting at a table inside.

In testimony Friday morning, Chubbs the alligator was the star of the show.

Max Brochert, 22, of Birmingham — a co-defendant in the case — was the first person to take the witness stand Friday morning.

After being pummeled with questions from a prosecutor and six defense lawyers for about three hours, Brochert was asked about his pet alligator. During an August press conference announcing the raids, Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard told the media that the alligator was guarding a marijuana growing operation at one defendant’s home.

The alligator belongs to Brochert and is about 18 inches long. Brochert said the alligator lives in the basement of his Birmingham home in a man-made pond in a room with a door and is not close to the marijuana he grows as a caregiver. Continued...

123See Full StoryReader Comments »View reader comments (28) » Comment on this story »
Named Chubbs, the gator has small teeth and is owned legally as a pet, Brochert testified.

Brochert is facing several charges, including three counts of delivery or manufacture of marijuana or the conspiracy to commit that crime, possession of a Taser and felony firearms.

He said he was testifying Friday in hopes of obtaining a lesser sentence.

Brochert told the court that he went to Everybody’s Cafe three times in the span of one month during the summer, usually selling marijuana. He purchased marijuana once at the cafe, which doubled as a compassion club at night.

After 51st District Judge Richard Kuhn Jr. adjourned court for the day, defense attorney Jeffrey Perlman said his clients and all others in the case believed they were acting within the law while at Everybody’s Cafe.

“The only time anybody sold to somebody who was not legal was when the undercover officers came in with forged cards which look identical to the cards you get from the Michigan Department of Community Health.

“Police used trickery and fraud to get into Everybody’s Cafe,” Perlman said. “They targeted sick people who were certified by the Michigan Department of Community Health and certified by a doctor (to be allowed to use marijuana).”

The charges on many of the defendants stem from an undercover investigation at Everybody’s Cafe, 1431 Airport Road in Waterford, owned by Candace and William Teichman of Waterford.

The Teichmans are among those charged with delivery or manufacture of marijuana and were in court on Friday.

Those appearing for Friday’s preliminary exam include Laval Anthony Crawford, 38, of Waterford, Matthew John-Drinnon Miller, 26, of Waterford, Todd Phillip Robinson, 34, of Southfield, Kirk Alan Swafford, 28, of Waterford, Brian Vaughn, age and address unknown, Jennifer L. Zuck, 29, of Waterford. Continued...
Their exams will resume Dec. 1.

Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper said a number of those charged in the case have waived their preliminary exams. They include Brochert and Mario Hatchett, who also testified Friday.

Others who waived their exams include Andrew Neter, Angie Custodioharver, Michael Danto, William Rush and Edward Thomas.

Gary Miller pleaded guilty to one count of manufacturing THC. He is scheduled to be sentenced at 1 p.m. Dec. 9 in front of Oakland County Circuit Court Judge Phyllis McMillen.

Contact staff writer Dave Phillips at 248-745-4631 or dave.phillips@oakpress.com. Follow him on Twitter

For the Rest of the story ,pictures , video , and others or to comment go to :

http://theoaklandpress.com/articles/2010/11/19/news/cops_and_courts/doc4ce6bd4b3e29f688844265.txt?viewmode=fullstory

"Myers said he created them using a basic Photoshop program...."

They make it sound so simple - how about the PLASTIC CARD MAKING MACHINE TO PRINT THE FAKE CARD?

I doubt the waterford shop got taken by a peice of paper with a photoshopped picture of a MDCH card right?

That machine is a special component that is not really available to the public to recreate fake ID cards - as the LEO implies.

-DN

i would like to go if any one knows were this is going to happen sound like their are more people taking the pleas deals

I'll try and meet you there. I'm just guessing this is at 1200 N. Telegraph as I'd like to know what he's being sentenced to.

Mizerman

Just saw that you replied to this thread and was hoping you posted the pictures.

I e-mailed Blueberry, Peanutbutter, and Michael Komorn about posting these photos just so as to protect everyone who reads these threads.

You and I heard the same thing in that auditorium/court room in Waterford on Friday from the undercover officer on the stand:

There are 17 fake cards out there and he had another fake card in which he was working on a new and current case!

I just want to believe that the MMMA takes the side of doing its best to protect its membership and posts these pictures that identify anywhere from 3 to 7 people who were the undercover officers associated with the Waterford and/or Ferndale raids.

If someone sends them to me, I will post them on this site and I'll take the chances of me breaking any laws associated with doing so.

Mizerman

Archived