Who Receives Free Meds?

Hi guys. Since this is my first post I want to start by introducing myself. I am a caregiver for 2 people and a MMJ patient. Until now I have been growing in a spare bedroom. I am moving to a much bigger place and plan on expanding.

My question for you guys is this.

How many of you receive free meds from your caregiver?

I have seen a number of people offering a free oz each month online and have heard about these offers but have not met anyone who actually received any.

Have any of you received free meds on a regular basis?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys. Since this is my first post I want to start by introducing myself. I am a caregiver for 2 people and a MMJ patient. Until now I have been growing in a spare bedroom. I am moving to a much bigger place and plan on expanding.

My question for you guys is this.

How many of you receive free meds from your caregiver?

I have seen a number of people offering a free oz each month online and have heard about these offers but have not met anyone who actually received any.

Have any of you received free meds on a regular basis?

welcome to the site!

I know of people that get a free oz every month, and more if they cant afford it!

If you are a good c.g, you will see you will need to give your pt a free oz here and there just to try and stay within your limits!

Plus this is about compassion, now I know peeps just starting out or peeps that just dont grow all of the plants they can

and specialize in a few realy awsome strains, they are reading this and thinking its costing a fortune to grow this stuff I cant give it away free!

and thats ok also! we need those folks out there growing the best for the cause, it will get moved around to some one that can give some away!

so you dont have to give it away to be compassionate! we all have a job to do, and lets all just do what we are good at, and not second guess any ones elses decision on whether or not they are charging more, or giving it away!

when a pt and a c.g meet to work out there agreements, it realy should be in writing, price , quanity a month week or yr. quality and what happens if there is a supply interuption!

and that is between them 2 and only them 2 people, it is not for us to judge!

Peace

FTW

Jim

So, so far nobody is a patient receiving free meds except perhaps drtar who gets it from his wife.

I'm just interested because I see caregivers offering it but I have not read a single post where a patient says "use my guy because he gives free top notch meds." I see plenty of caregivers making the promise, but no reason to believe they can deliver. Also, I'd be interested to know what strains are being offered for free. How do you know your caregiver isn't going to string you along and then hand you a bag of ditch weed and a lame excuse? Or better yet, just hand you the lame excuse after selling off all of what he grew under your name.

I guess I'd just like to hear a few patients verify the claims before I change the way I operate.

So, so far nobody is a patient receiving free meds except perhaps drtar who gets it from his wife.

I'm just interested because I see caregivers offering it but I have not read a single post where a patient says "use my guy because he gives free top notch meds." I see plenty of caregivers making the promise, but no reason to believe they can deliver. Also, I'd be interested to know what strains are being offered for free. How do you know your caregiver isn't going to string you along and then hand you a bag of ditch weed and a lame excuse? Or better yet, just hand you the lame excuse after selling off all of what he grew under your name.

I guess I'd just like to hear a few patients verify the claims before I change the way I operate.

the reason you do not have 30 people running at you screaming "I GET FREE MEDS", is because although caregivers/growers are not actual doctors, we are held to those standards.

MANY patient/caregiver relationships are private because many caregivers work individually with patients on the basis of need/income/illness/ect.

some patients have the money and DEMAND to pay top dollar for meds so that their c.g. can afford to give other less-fortunate patients meds for free or very cheap.

other patients would be PIZZED to find out they are paying x-amount of dollars per ounce, and then log on here and find another patient, using the same c.g., getting one for less.

ever heard of doctor/patient confidentiality?

same deal :)

just on an honor system instead of an actual law.

EDIT:

many patients will not expose their positions for the simple fact that they are 100% happy with the way things are. so they stay quiet. last thing they want is someone trying to persuade their caregiver that he/she should drop a patient because they wanna pay more. basically preying on the greed of a caregiver.

and caregivers arent always greedy, but if you flash money in the face of a grower, they WILL find a way to improve their grows. common knowledge. we love our plants.

so everybody just kinda stays quiet.

I know people who have signed up by making a grower their caregiver with the promise of getting an ounce of free meds per month, but then not getting any medication at all. The caregive just uses the patient's card to allow them to grow more meds for profit. I just hope this doesn't wreck it for the honest caregivers.

I expect this is the case most of the time. That is why I want to hear from actual patients recieving free smoke. When I do the math, I am able to produce about 2-4 oz of top notch buds per month per patient. If I give one free, I have to sell the others to cover the cost. If I only yield 3oz per patient that month and I sell the other 2oz for 300 each that would give me $600. That is about the same as giving the patient all 3 for $200 per zip which is fair. So I guess I'd be getting pimped out by my patient since I would have to sell two to pay for his free one. Wouldn't it be better to say "buy 2 for $300 and you get one free"? Then let the patient worry about the overages.

Thanks BG, that is exactly what I was going to type... I would also include each and every patient relationship is different.. Each grower has to figure out what suits them best and who to help and why.. Some caregivers could give a rats a$$ who they have listed as their patient.. Some of us want to provide to folks that truly are in need of help.. To each their own I suppose... And yes we do LOVE our plants!!! Peace, Love, and Big Buds

That is one of the problems with the law as it reads now. Since a doctor can't precribe how much THC a patient is supposed to receive for pain or ailment. There is no prescribed dosage. A smaller amount of THC make work for some patients and other patients may require a higher THC dosage. But the law is one size fits all. I suppose that the quality and the amount of THC in the buds are the real measuring point on how much or little a patient needs for pain relief. Then the overages could be sold after the patient history usage need is really established for each individual patient. The only flaw is that I see a lot of "patients?" are using Medical Marijuana for the "Get Out Of Jail Pass" for recreational usage. I have been to several dispensaries in the pastwhere the dispensary employees are just having a field day smoking or vaporizing all of the meds that they want, regardless of legal restrictions. The newer dispensaries seem to have better control and are more professionally run.

My buddy gets a free ounce every month. He just got his last week. It was a half of purple haze and a half of something else pretty good. He is still paying quite a bit for ounces though so i think its kinda bs. Might as well just charge a good price than give 1 away and still charge 300

I guess the statement of "What the market will bear" will be the protocol until prices come down some or stabilize. I know I have quite a bit of money in my growrooms and equipment. I'm not a user, but I am not out to make a killing either, just some ROI. It costs quite a bit for the nutrients and utilities also, not to mention the time involved. I know your'e not supposed to make a profit. But you don't see everyone going out and spending 10k to 15k plus just to grow quality meds for themselves.

Michigan's #1 Source for Top Quality Meds!

Not Correct , I grow my own Medical Marijuana ...

I will never give up my ability to grow my own Meds ...

My wife is a Caregiver for her patients and they

are very happy to have Jane as their Caregiver ... :thumbsu:

I would'nt say that our Meds are Medical Cannabis Cup Winners ,

But i would say that our Meds speek for themselfs ...

We take alot of Pride in growing the Best Meds We

possibly can afford to grow ...

Being someone Caregiver is Very Personal to Us and

comes w/ alot Responsibility ...

I guess I'd just like to hear a few patients verify the claims

before I change the way I operate.

Why Change the way you operate ?

Especially if your " Michigan's #1 Source " ?

Only you know what is in your Heart ....

Compassion Meetings are the Best location to talk

to Patients .....

Not Correct , I grow my own Medical Marijuana ...

I will never give up my ability to grow my own Meds ...

My wife is a Caregiver for her patients and they

are very happy to have Jane as their Caregiver ... :thumbsu:

I would'nt say that our Meds are Medical Cannabis Cup Winners ,

But i would say that our Meds speek for themselfs ...

We take alot of Pride in growing the Best Meds We

possibly can afford to grow ...

Being someone Caregiver is Very Personal to Us and

comes w/ alot Responsibility ...

Why Change the way you operate ?

Especially if your " Michigan's #1 Source " ?

Only you know what is in your Heart ....

Compassion Meetings are the Best location to talk

to Patients .....

So why is your wife the caregiver and not you? Did you get in some legal trouble?

Know what ya ***KNOW*** --YOU-- can deliver during the course of the year... Different strains require "different routines"... Find out what these strains have to offer you as a patient AND ALSO look at the amount of energy that would going into producing these medical grade cannabis strains.

The reality for me is trying to find an equal balance between strains AND strain development....AND the cost of maintaining an excellent regimen for the plants I care for.... AND the "FAIR" cost of my time spent for the production.

Some folks who are patients looking for caregivers, DO NOT look into the energy which is required for some strains to prosper. The belief system for some of these patients is to find a LOW TO CHEAP donation cost from a caregiver. Patients must keep in mind these plants demand a lot of attention. The knowledge necessary to keep a healthy harvest going is crucial for the patient to understand. Anyone can grow a plant AND everyone should!!! But there is something to be said regarding *"EXPERIENCE"*.

Those of you who do this for "FREE"... God bless you!

AND I HOPE YOU CAN KEEP THIS UP FOR "FREE"... ONCE AGAIN... GOD BLESS YOU, REALLY!!!

As a caregiver I want to make sure I can deliver what I agree on with my patients. Therefor I must charge a FAIR DONATION which supports the plants medicinal flow during the course of the year & beyond... BUT THE PROCESS of developing an excellent caregiver service must be taken into consideration by the patient... Unless you want herb loaded with seeds, leafs, stalks, and a nasty taste which eventual gives you a headache.... Then by all means this herb should be CHEAP.

This is a generic thought by "me"... AS I believe there is always the exception.

Best to ya patients finding a proper caregiver for your needs.

Eventually with perseverance OR a little luck every patient should eventually find there medicinal match. :D

AND if you get "the free high quality medicinal herb" here & there.... GREAT!

:skydive:

You know its amazing to me what some people say around here sometimes.....To ask a person if they have been in legal trouble. Whose business is that and why is it relevant to whats being discussed. I understand this is a public forum, but c'mon use your brain! Obviously I am a newbie to posting on this forum, but I am hardly a newbie to common sense. Being a MMJ patient or caregiver does not give anyone the right to forget their manners or their sense of decency. Perhaps you just didn't think before posting...lets hope thats the case and you really aren't as inconsiderate as one may think by the content of your question.

So why is your wife the caregiver and not you? Did you get in some legal trouble?

There are many other duties to being a caregiver, and not all revolve around or involve cultivating marijuana. I would suggest that in many circumstances it is quite logical to have a significant other as a caregiver, so that they can assist in acquiring, transporting, transferring, or any other medical use their patient may need assistance with.

Your second question is pretty jaded, no?

Dr. T, you stand tall and proud in my eyes. Many of us human beings here appreciate compassion and thank you for being brave and honest. It sure would be nice if everyone thought of others first. Many here do. Some have said that none do it out of compassion. Some do in fact think of helping their fellow humans, as we I have been helped here many times.

From the many posts from growers I have read here, I can honestly say I do appreciate the time and expense they go through. I could never handle the expense, so I appreciate it even more knowing cg's do give mads for free. If I were a cg, I'd try to do this, too.

Because this IS medicine, I feel it's a private matter that needn't be discussed by anyone other than those involved. I do know of a cg who gives an oz a month for free to those who are very ill and can't afford it, and the quality is very good.

Dr. T. I admire you for sharing your past with us, though you didn't have to answer. Having nothing to hide is good, though those matters are also very personal. It takes a brave person to reveal something like that on a forum like this. :thumbsu:

Sb

From the many posts from growers I have read here, I can honestly say I do appreciate the time and expense they go through. I could never handle the expense, so I appreciate it even more knowing cg's do give mads for free. If I were a cg, I'd try to do this, too.

Because this IS medicine, I feel it's a private matter that needn't be discussed by anyone other than those involved. I do know of a cg who gives an oz a month for free to those who are very ill and can't afford it, and the quality is very good.

Dr. T. I admire you for sharing your past with us, though you didn't have to answer. Having nothing to hide is good, though those matters are also very personal. It takes a brave person to reveal something like that on a forum like this. :thumbsu:

Sb

799+reps

Archived