Getting Pulled Over By The Law.

Poetryman

Hello, I hope you'll consider doing this: First thing to do is always be respectful, and hand them this following info, I got it from someone at this site, Dr. Tarzan. It worked for him. A few days ago I showed it to a lawyer and he approved it.

I refuse to waive my 5th amendment to remain silent.

Do not ask me any questions.

I refuse to waive my 6th amendment to an attorney.

Do not ask me any questions without my attorney present.

I refuse to waive my 4th amendment right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures.

I do not consent to any search or seizures of myself , my home or of any property in my possession.

Do not ask me about my ownership interest in any property.

Any statement I make, or alleged consent I give, in response to your questions is hereby made under protest and under duress and in submission to your claim of lawful authority to force me to provide you with information.

If I am not presently under arrest or under investigatory detention, please allow me to leave.

If I can dig up the thread that explains his situation, that may help, too.

Sb

Hello, I hope you'll consider doing this: First thing to do is always be respectful, and hand them this following info, I got it from someone at this site, Dr. Tarzan. It worked for him. A few days ago I showed it to a lawyer and he approved it.

I refuse to waive my 4th amendment right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures.

I do not consent to any search or seizures of myself , my home or of any property in my possession.

Any statement I make, or alleged consent I give, in response to your questions is hereby made under protest and under duress and in submission to your claim of lawful authority to force me to provide you with information.

If I am not presently under arrest or under investigatory detention, please allow me to leave.

Sb

Sb I love it,

Sound like tarzan know his way around in jungle! Lmao!!

I cant wait to say all that the next time i get popped medicating!

(you know i will get popped again, im a leo magnet)

Peace

FTW

Jim

Just keep calm, and practice your straight face.  If you've done things right, the car shouldn't smell and there shouldn't be anything to tip off the cop.  

I was just pulled over a few days ago by an agressive, confrontational state trooper last week.  I had a trunk full of equipment and some medicine, PrettyMuchAlmostCompletelyLegalProbably, but still not something I wanted to discuss with this disgrace to our species.

So I just kept a straight face, let him try to start arguments with me, let him write the damned ticket, and went on my way.

I know I'm required to show my concealed carry permit along with my driver's license to LEO, but I'm not required to, and I'm sure not volunteering up my MMJ status....

Sb

Thanks SB and all of this is so very true and the Dr speaks the truth it would be nice if the MMMA could have

F.A.Q on here and put that inn and many could go their every day to read it

Unless they detect the odor of cannabis im not saying anything nor should anyone if they do hand them your card and meds and pray its a cool open minded leo .

open minded i think this is also right but should not be the norm it should be the whole State but we all no it's not

me i would waite till the Dog hits on something then use my card from Dr. Eisenbud

I think it is best not to pull out the note right away as that will let him know you have something on you. Just say calm and let the cop explain why he pulled you over. He may just be looking to give you a ticket so he can justify his tax paid job. Take the ticket and be on your way. I would not offer Tarzan's note until I was asked to step out of the vehicle or he starts asking non relevant questions like where I am headed. At that point you know it is not just a ticket and he is fishing for more.

If you have a CCW the law is IF you are packing you must reveal that to the cop. If you are not packing you do not have to reveal that you have a CCW. However the cop is going to see it when he checks your license. Then he will be suspicious that you are breaking the law by not telling him. My opinion is even if you are not packing you should tell the cop you have a CCW but are not packing today. That would make you seem both law abiding and forthright to the cop. BTW I would not pack and transport MMJ at the same time.

I think it is best not to pull out the note right away as that will let him know you have something on you. Just say calm and let the cop explain why he pulled you over. He may just be looking to give you a ticket so he can justify his tax paid job. Take the ticket and be on your way. I would not offer Tarzan's note until I was asked to step out of the vehicle or he starts asking non relevant questions like where I am headed. At that point you know it is not just a ticket and he is fishing for more.

If you have a CCW the law is IF you are packing you must reveal that to the cop. If you are not packing you do not have to reveal that you have a CCW. However the cop is going to see it when he checks your license. Then he will be suspicious that you are breaking the law by not telling him. My opinion is even if you are not packing you should tell the cop you have a CCW but are not packing today. That would make you seem both law abiding and forthright to the cop. BTW I would not pack and transport MMJ at the same time.

I would not pack and transport MMJ at the same time.

that one is just waiting for a test case by Leo

I think it is best not to pull out the note right away as that will let him know you have something on you.  Just say calm and let the cop explain why he pulled you over.  He may just be looking to give you a ticket so he can justify his tax paid job.  Take the ticket and be on your way.  I would not offer Tarzan's note until I was asked to step out of the vehicle or he starts asking non relevant questions like where I am headed.  At that point you know it is not just a ticket and he is fishing for more.  

If you have a CCW the law is IF you are packing you must reveal that to the cop.  If you are not packing you do not have to reveal that you have a CCW.  However the cop is going to see it when he checks your license.  Then he will be suspicious that you are breaking the law by not telling him.  My opinion is even if you are not packing you should tell the cop you have a CCW but are not packing today.  That would make you seem both law abiding and forthright to the cop.  BTW I would not pack and transport MMJ at the same time.

Whoa, didn't mean to imply that I might carry a pistol and MMJ at the same time.  I admit that I do enjoy tempting The Man, but I'm not that foolish....

Just like being over 50 or 100 plants, it might invite unwanted Federal charges, in addition to pissing off LEO.

Just keep calm, and practice your straight face. If you've done things right, the car shouldn't smell and there shouldn't be anything to tip off the cop.

I was just pulled over a few days ago by an agressive, confrontational state trooper last week. I had a trunk full of equipment and some medicine, PrettyMuchAlmostCompletelyLegalProbably, but still not something I wanted to discuss with this disgrace to our species.

So I just kept a straight face, let him try to start arguments with me, let him write the damned ticket, and went on my way.

I know I'm required to show my concealed carry permit along with my driver's license to LEO, but I'm not required to, and I'm sure not volunteering up my MMJ status....

there isnt anything i own that dont smell like weed!!!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Whoa, didn't mean to imply that I might carry a pistol and MMJ at the same time.  I admit that I do enjoy tempting The Man, but I'm not that foolish....

Just like being over 50 or 100 plants, it might invite unwanted Federal charges, in addition to pissing off LEO.

I did not mean to imply that you would I was just trying to clarify. Though not everyone shows common sense. I know one of the clinics that got busted some people were packing and that caused the drugs = violence fallacy to be used by the press.

Unless they detect the odor of cannabis im not saying anything nor should anyone if they do hand them your card and meds and pray its a cool open minded leo .

they are writing more and more tickest for driving under the influence of drugs, than drunk driving just about, I dont know about you but our local paper shows the court records for the week and there are lots of marijuana busts while driving! Thats how they are going to get us, so if i have to drive up the the u.p or down to the D, as a passenger I realy shouldnt medicate, because you know they are going to check the driver, and the driver may have medicated a week ago but is going to get duid! That blows, If I take me a methadone or ware me a morphine patch as a passenger. They are not going to check the driver for that, unless they are on it and slurring obviously, they wont know anybody is on anything, soon the only duid's are only going to be mm related, thats leos way of phaqing us! Why does it have to be this way, I know alot of cops that i hung with before they ever thought of being pigs! and they did what i did, and they still do what i do! why is it legal for leo but not legal for me! and on that rambling note!!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Dude I aint handing them my weed! Phaq that, they want it there going to have to have probable cause or a search warrant!

there isnt anything i own that dont smell like weed!!!

+rep for cracking my donkey up this afternoon. :lol: Officer you can't arrest me. Everything I own smells like weed. Or better yet in the best tradition of Jeff Foxworthy:

If the drug dog hits on you and you don't have any weed in your pockets. . . You may be a caregiver.

if you do they would just set you Free again now thats Luck

:rock:

I realy dont feel that lucky though! its a pain in the donkey, but bob im sorry for your wait dude, I know what its like to have your imediate future in a judge, lawyer or jurys hands!

God Bless you and Yours!

Happy holloween!

Peace

FTW

Jim

they are writing more and more tickest for driving under the influence of drugs, than drunk driving just about, I dont know about you but our local paper shows the court records for the week and there are lots of marijuana busts while driving! Thats how they are going to get us, so if i have to drive up the the u.p or down to the D, as a passenger I realy shouldnt medicate, because you know they are going to check the driver, and the driver may have medicated a week ago but is going to get duid! That blows, If I take me a methadone or ware me a morphine patch as a passenger. They are not going to check the driver for that, unless they are on it and slurring obviously, they wont know anybody is on anything, soon the only duid's are only going to be mm related, thats leos way of phaqing us! Why does it have to be this way, I know alot of cops that i hung with before they ever thought of being pigs! and they did what i did, and they still do what i do! why is it legal for leo but not legal for me! and on that rambling note!!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Dude I aint handing them my weed! Phaq that, they want it there going to have to have probable cause or a search warrant!

its not that its legal for the Brave American Heroes. its just that they know they won't be held accountable by any prosecuting alcoholic, judges, magistrates or other Brave American Heroes. the fact is they'd have to seriously injure or kill someone while driving drunk before they might have to worry about consequences. for instance has anyone heard of any action taken against the Brave American Hero who murdered the 7 year old girl who was asleep on the couch in detroit this summer? i peruse the detroit papers and haven't seen any mention of it since it was first reported. maybe some day that Brave American Hero will do the right thing.

PULLED OVER

What You Do CAN Make A Difference

When you are pulled over by a police officer, here are 20 things that you can do to avoid making the situation any worse:

•  
  • You might be nervous about what's going to happen, but remember, the officers are the ones who have every right to be nervous since they never know what to expect. Generally, the more you do to help ensure the officer's safety, the more you ensure your own.

• Pull over as soon as you think that you might be the motorist the squad car is after. Slow down, put your turn signal on, and pull over. Quickly pulling over demonstrates that you have respect for the right-of-way of emergency vehicles. It does not mean that you are admitting guilt!

• Always pull over on the right side of the road when traveling on divided highways. Signal and move over to the far right lane, and then to the shoulder; without guardrails, if possible. Many officers will appreciate the consideration.

• Roll down your driver's side window, and any windows that are tinted. If it's dark, turn on interior lights. If you have electric windows, remember to roll down your window before shutting off your engine! If you forget to do this, and have to start the car again, the officer could take it as sign that you are going to run.

• Place the car in "park" and turn off the ignition. Put your keys on the dashboard. Doing so gives the officer more confidence that you will not suddenly flee. Sit still; any suspicious movement from you (even a sudden lowering of one or both shoulders) can prompt a search.

• Make all your movements slowly--the officer is watching you carefully to make sure you're not drawing a weapon or hiding something. Do not reach for anything in the passenger compartment of your vehicle or under your seat.

• Stay in the car. Keep your hands in plain sight, preferably on the top of the steering wheel, with your fingers visible.

• Let the officer speak first. He or she will usually ask for your license and registration. Know where they are beforehand and produce them slowly and deliberately. If you're in a dark area, the officer will follow your hands with his flashlight. Finish this process before anything else, then put your hands back on the wheel.

• While the officer checks your license and vehicle status via radio, keep your hands on the steering wheel.

• When you get pulled over, keep your answers non-committal and brief. Open-ended questions can get you into trouble, and the officer may be trying to extract admissions out of you that can be used against you in court.

• If you're asked "Do you know why I stopped you?" say "No."

• If you're asked "Do you know how fast you were going?" say "Yes." Answering "No" to this question will lead the officer to believe that you are ignorant of the speed limit or how fast you are going.

• If the officer asks, "Do you have a good reason that would make you need to hurry?" say, "No." If you say "yes," then even if you were not speeding the officer will believe that you were, and you'll probably get a ticket.

• If the officer tells you how fast you were going, say "I see" or don't say anything at all. Silence is not an admission of guilt.

• If the officer asks "Have you been drinking?" (But, he/she does NOT smell alcohol.) Say Yes/or No, in case you were stopped, driving in a erratic manner. Tell him if you take medications or have an illness that can cause driving problems.

• If the officer spots "open containers" of beer, other alcohol, or smells alcohol, you should expect testing and/or demonstrating your coordination and balance. Comply with any requests by the officer. Refusing to comply with an officer's orders will identify you as either resistant or rebellious.

• If the officer sees any illegal objects in plain view, he or she can open the door, reach in, and get it.

• In the USA, moving vehicles are pulled over, they are subject by law enforcement to search with reasonable cause. Reasonable cause may include observing occupants in suspicious activities, remarks and things that the officer can smell, see or hear like safety violations, open containers, potential weapons, etc.

• Do not engage the officer in any unnecessary conversation! They know why they pulled you over, and anything you say may be used against you. You have a right to remain silent and not incriminate yourself. Don't talk unless responding to a question from the officer. This goes for your passengers as well.

• Do not exit the vehicle unless requested to do so. This is almost always perceived as a threat and it is safer for you inside the car than outside, near traffic.

• Keep calm, even if you are upset about the traffic stop. The police officer may not be pulling you over for what you think he/she is. Let the officer talk first. React kindly and you may have more of a chance to be sent on your way without a ticket.

• When you get pulled over, don't argue! If you do, you may receive more tickets, and the prosecutor will be less likely to negotiate in Court.

When you get pulled over, remaining calm, courteous and demonstrating respect for the law and the police officer can go a long way towards preventing an unpleasant experience from becoming worse. If you do find yourself with a ticket in-hand, do your research and make some calls before pleading guilty. And remember, pleading NO CONTEST is the same as pleading guilty. It still goes on your record.

You all forgot "just act like a normal schmuck" that was breaking the speed limit and deserves a ticket but hopes it does not end up that way.

Why ask for problems by putting your keys on the dashboard and making it look like you have been in the hood dealing with cops on the street for your whole life? Don't make yourself look guilty of whatever to a local traffic cop. Just act like any local moron that gets pulled over for a traffic stop and hope you don't get a ticket. They deal with this stuff for living and will certainly be smart enough to dig deeper when you put your keys on the dashboard and your hands out the window. That just tells them that they are dealing with a street wise driver who has had experience and contact with LEOs because of their criminal past and they will dig deeper (vehicle search) to find out why you are so hell bent on complying with a cop on the street in an attempt to avoid a vehicle search or a call to their probation officer.

Archived