Tincture Of Cannibis?

High everyone,

Just made our first batch of tincture. 1-oz finely ground flowers, 3 shots/ounces of 151 everclear. Placed in our closetfor 10 days in a canning jar. Shook up 5-8 times a day. After 10, took fine gauze into 2 coffee filters. Is this proceedure correct? How long do you stir in food coloring, tincture if the temp is at 350?

Does anyone have a fudge recipe? We would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

LilBuddy

Today made candy. Learned some quick lessons white molds are for hard candy that should be sprayed with Pam before use. Clear molds are for chocolate.

High everyone,

Just made our first batch of tincture. 1-oz finely ground flowers, 3 shots/ounces of 151 everclear. Placed in our closetfor 10 days in a canning jar. Shook up 5-8 times a day. After 10, took fine gauze into 2 coffee filters. Is this proceedure correct? How long do you stir in food coloring, tincture if the temp is at 350?

LilBuddy

Sounds good up to: stir in food coloring and 350 temp. No need to heat it above 80 degrees (alcohol vaporizes at this temp) and why food coloring?

Cannabis Elixir

IMO..three shots is not enough. you need to at least cover the bud in the jar..in my experience a fine ground ounce will need more like 2 to 3 cups. in the summer i set mine on the porch and brew it like sun tea!..in the winter it goes in the crock pot for butter...and we eat brownies..happy holidays! :thumbsu:

Sounds good up to: stir in food coloring and 350 temp. No need to heat it above 80 degrees (alcohol vaporizes at this temp) and why food coloring?

Cannabis Elixir

Hey Wild Bill,

We were Making Rock candy losengers. The recepie called for the candy mixture to be heated to 350 then add the ticture and food coloring, stir quikly and pour into molds and cool.

Thanks,

lilbuddy

IMO..three shots is not enough. you need to at least cover the bud in the jar..in my experience a fine ground ounce will need more like 2 to 3 cups. in the summer i set mine on the porch and brew it like sun tea!..in the winter it goes in the crock pot for butter...and we eat brownies..happy holidays! :thumbsu:

Hey Big Timm,

I have half of the tincture I made as well as the plant material that I used still in a Mason jar. Should I pour the ticture I have back into the Mason jar and add two cups minus two shots? If I put it under my Halides will it"Brew" faster? The directions I read say to keep it in the Dark. Please let me know what you think I should do/

Thanks,

lilbuddy

Hi Letterhead,

There are several DIZZ'S. Does this member have any letteres in her login name either before D or after Z???

Thanks,

lilbuddy

One of Dizledot"s best. If you're not familiar with green dragon, he can help with that also.

Best of cooking.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/65/entry-147-glycerin-tincture

Hi Letterhead,

There are several DIZZ'S. Does this member have any letteres in her login name either before D or after Z???

Thanks,

lilbuddy

Hi guys! Thanks for the shout out about my recipes.

The link; Dizz's Blogs / Recipes

You can find a lot here and if you don't see what you want I'm sure I have it somewhere in my list of lotions. potions and medible recipes.

Dizz

• 3 months later...

Is it possible to make a potent tincture with regular 80 proof vodka?

Hope so, or I just wasted about 14 grams of meds. Oops.

Yes, the only drawback is that you also extract the water soluble compounds like chlorophyll. You can avoid some of these compounds by extracting in just plain water first. Just put the herb in a mason jar and fill with water. Let it sit until the water turns green, strain and repeat until the water stays clear after sitting overnight. This will remove most of the water soluble compounds that will effect the taste. Once you have it finished try making Jello shots with it. It will taste better and is easier to establish dosage.

Yes, the only drawback is that you also extract the water soluble compounds like chlorophyll. You can avoid some of these compounds by extracting in just plain water first. Just put the herb in a mason jar and fill with water. Let it sit until the water turns green, strain and repeat until the water stays clear after sitting overnight. This will remove most of the water soluble compounds that will effect the taste. Once you have it finished try making Jello shots with it. It will taste better and is easier to establish dosage.

Ditto that! I have been able to use Bacardi's 151 or Everclear 151 and get good results. Never tried Jello shots but that's one I will definately put on my list.

Dizz

Thanks for the tip about flushing out the chlorophyll. Will try that with my next batch. The current one is bright green and tastes just like it looks!

• 4 months later...

Archived