Judge Says Pot Dispensary Ok

escobar

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news for the entire community!!! :goodjob:

Can we start using cannabis in place of all the other "slang" that is associated with the illegal side of marijuana.

Medical marijuana and Cannabis I believe will be easier for people to accept. May just be semantics to us but to our opposition pot equals crime.

Peace

Now you have a model for all interested parties to emulate with a lower court decision . I cannot see how one could educate themselves about Cannabis and not come to the resolve it should be eventually legalized and sold . However with no insurance or subsidies for disadvantaged qualified patients special accomodations must be developed into any model .

Though unrelated to this good news ; when I hear people speak of " would you give away your work "? I have to ask where I would be if a few people hadn't helped out over the years in just that fashion . For their to be the joy of giving there has to be the humility of acceptance and recognition of need . Patients First ! Happy Holidays !

Guest Happy Guy

Good news. Am I reading this correctly that they are a limited to the 27 members? They say they are servicing only the 27 members with the 27 lockers?

If that's true it's not a model for most of those dispensary people who want to sell to whoever has a valid patient card.

Great news for the entire community!!! :goodjob:

Can we start using cannabis in place of all the other "slang" that is associated with the illegal side of marijuana.

Medical marijuana and Cannabis I believe will be easier for people to accept. May just be semantics to us but to our opposition pot equals crime.

Peace

I have been puffing for 4 decades, I don't think my vocabulary is going to change now because I got a shiny card.

"...this court finds that the patient-to-patient transfers and deliveries of marihuana between registered qualifying patients falls soundly within the medical use of marihuana as defined by the MMMA. This court also finds that because the Legislature provided the presumption of medical use of marihuana in MCL 333.26424(d), it intended to permit such patient-to-patient transfers and deliveries of marihuana between registered qualifying patients in order for registered qualifying patients to acquire permissible medical marihuana to alleviate their debilitating medical conditions and their respective symptoms. Essentially, defendants assist with the administration and usage of medical marihuana, which the Legislature permits under the MMMA." (See Page 7 of the attached Isabella County Opinion and Order)

See also: Mount Pleasant marijuana dispensary ruled legal, not intended as statewide decision - http://www.cm-life.com/2010/12/16/breaking-judge-rules-c-a-of-mount-pleasant-within-legal-parameteres-of-mmma/

MMMAOpinioncompassionate_Page_1.jpg

MMMAOpinioncompassionate_Page_2.jpg

MMMAOpinioncompassionate_Page_3.jpg

MMMAOpinioncompassionate_Page_4.jpg

MMMAOpinioncompassionate_Page_5.jpg

MMMAOpinioncompassionate_Page_6.jpg

MMMAOpinioncompassionate_Page_7.jpg

MMMAOpinioncompassionate_Page_8.jpg

Mod Pinned Topic

This is a BIG win for us. :goodjob: :goodjob:

Also note the honorable way the prosecutor handled this case. No criminal charges, no Nazi's breaking down the doors, no stealing medicine, no fraudulent ID's, no entrapment. They just filed a CIVIL case (not a criminal case) asking the judge to order the Dispensary shut down.

God bless everyone involved in this case-

--the Defendants and dispensary operators: :thumbsu:

--The judge :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

--Van Dussen for letting us know about this so soon: :goodjob: :goodjob:

--And even the Prosecutor- you have my respect sir! :goodjob:

Guest Happy Guy

I think that if I happened to be a patient that wanted to transfer to another patient..... I would do it in Isabella County. The prosecutor is not so friendly but the judge rules. :D

Archived