Another "raid"

Hempcheff

just got this http://www.hollandsentinel.com/newsnow/x1371482405/Police-raid-Holland-medical-marijuana-shop-The-Mix

Holland, MI — Prosecutors will weigh whether to issue criminal charges following a police raid Thursday at a Holland medical marijuana dispensary.

The West Michigan Enforcement Team confiscated “a quantity of suspected marijuana” from The Mix, 897 S. Washington Ave., on Thursday, Lt. Cam Henke of WEMET said.

He wouldn’t say how much marijuana officers seized or what led police to seek a search warrant.

“The bottom line is our investigation led us to believe that marijuana was being sold illegally at that location,” Henke said. “We felt it was outside the framework of the law.”

Compounding the case, Holland has a moratorium on medical marijuana dispensaries until it can develop a zoning rule for them.

When asked by the city last fall, the owner said he was not running a medical marijuana dispensary, said Cindy Osman, assistant director of Community and Neighborhood Services. He later asked how to prove he was grandfathered out of the moratorium.

More recently, two city inspectors saw fliers about different strains of marijuana. When asked again, the owner said he liked having the information around to provoke conversation, Osman said.

The Michigan Medical Marijuana Act was passed nearly three years ago by a public referendum. It allows patients to possess up to 12 plants or 2.5 ounces of marijuana and caregivers (for those who cannot grow their own medical marijuana) to serve up to five patients.

An attorney for The Mix said he wasn’t sure what triggered the raid, because he had not yet seen the affidavit that authorized WEMET’s search warrant.

“It’s possible that WEMET used undercover officers to find what they believed was improper conduct,” attorney Richard German said.

The amount of marijuana seized from the business was “a minor amount — in the grams, not pounds,” he said.

The store’s owner is properly licensed and caters only to patients who “have the right credentials and paperwork,” to obtain medical marijuana, German said.

The Mix, which also sells smoking paraphernalia such as hookahs and pipes and functions as a consignment shop, has been open more than a year, German said. The store was open Monday.

“What it boils down to is the medical marijuana law is relatively new,” German said. “I don’t think WEMET is up to date on the issue of medical marijuana and a patient’s right to privacy.”

Several area communities including Holland are now debating zoning rules that would govern or even eliminate the medical marijuana dispensaries.

Sentinel writer Andrea Goodell contributed to this report.

Copyright 2011 The Holland Sentinel. Some rights reserved

good for wmet , bust all the dispensories for all i care , money grubbing S.O.B's , was not in the law i voted for. pt.2 pt. and cg to pt. is what i voted on back in november 08. , sorry but GOOD RIDDENS

most times when people get busted there is more to the story than what we are told! and we realy mite never find out when it goes to court, if an attny can keep things out of evidence, we may only read about the legal mm part of it, and not what realy got them arrested to begin with!

I dont care about dispense one way or the other as long as I dont have to purchase from them!

Peace

FTW

Jim

most times when people get busted there is more to the story than what we are told! and we realy mite never find out when it goes to court, if an attny can keep things out of evidence, we may only read about the legal mm part of it, and not what realy got them arrested to begin with!

I don't care about dispense one way or the other as long as I don't have to purchase from them!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Sometimes their is more to the story your right about that Jim and most of the time when a dispensary gets Raided they wont tell us because people will stop going their and go some were else

are case and Larry's case is out their inn the papers we have nothing to hide as others may have

we don't here about all the people that get busted it's a number bigger then we think IMO some don't make the papers their were 2 dispensary's that got hit last week inn warren one was told to shut down the other one was raided

Peace From The Front

Bob

Bb, you really think it matters? Nice, mean, what do they care? They intend on making criminals out of anyone who opposes their view of a greater good. They have the guns and the money (ours!). They have cruel, cold, non-feeling hearts. Our cries for mercy are seen as weakness to them. They laugh at us, ridicule and scorn us, lie and slander us, tyrannize and oppress us.

We have all been nice so far. No attacks by any patients or caregivers against police that I have heard of. That stradegy has not proven it's worth yet, as the oppression continues.

Be nice, sound angry, I am sorry, but I just don't think that will matter. If you are on the wrong side of their behavior modification rules that oppress free people who have harmed no others, then you also will be sacrificed for this greater good. They don't care if you were nice about it when you went against what they would choose for your life. They will crush you just the same.

So, I guess, some of us just at least want to die knowing that we said what we thought about it all. Sometimes we are very angry about it. I know you catch more flies with honey, whatever but this is life and death. These folks intend on destroying more individual humans that get their way. And they have no remorse about doing so.

I don't know if I can always sound nice when I object to this behavior, but I will vow to remain civil as long as this is the best way to protect our people.

borgJoke.jpg

good for wmet , bust all the dispensories for all i care , money grubbing S.O.B's , was not in the law i voted for. pt.2 pt. and cg to pt. is what i voted on back in november 08. , sorry but GOOD RIDDENS

DITTO!

well isnt that a fine thing to wake up to! hope lots of little people with big titles are happy!

We need to arm ourselves! I guess we the people cant vote anything into our life that big brother dont have control over!

FTW

Jim

It's like we live in Egypt and our votes do NOT count!

Mizerman

Everyone knows some areas of the legislation are grayer than others. Some people work hard to stay within the confines of the legislation and work with local communities. Others choose to push the envelope. Some do so because they believe in a cause and a movement and that the time is now! Others do so only because they wish to profit from a situation.

As a movement, some battles are not ours to fight and whether they are may not always be as clear as we think. Here's a little bit of data from our own boards. Make up your own mind on this one...but we are a pretty accepting group and being "Banned" from this board is not a glowing recommendation...

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/26284-holland-mi-dispensarycompassion-clubcafeconsignment-malltattoosfree-hookahartcheap-paraphenalia-too/page__p__239109__hl__%2Bholland+%2Bdispensary__fromsearch__1#entry239109

Bb, you really think it matters? Nice, mean, what do they care? They intend on making criminals out of anyone who opposes their view of a greater good. They have the guns and the money (ours!). They have cruel, cold, non-feeling hearts. Our cries for mercy are seen as weakness to them. They laugh at us, ridicule and scorn us, lie and slander us, tyrannize and oppress us.

We have all been nice so far. No attacks by any patients or caregivers against police that I have heard of. That stradegy has not proven it's worth yet, as the oppression continues.

Be nice, sound angry, I am sorry, but I just don't think that will matter. If you are on the wrong side of their behavior modification rules that oppress free people who have harmed no others, then you also will be sacrificed for this greater good. They don't care if you were nice about it when you went against what they would choose for your life. They will crush you just the same.

So, I guess, some of us just at least want to die knowing that we said what we thought about it all. Sometimes we are very angry about it. I know you catch more flies with honey, whatever but this is life and death. These folks intend on destroying more individual humans that get their way. And they have no remorse about doing so.

I don't know if I can always sound nice when I object to this behavior, but I will vow to remain civil as long as this is the best way to protect our people.

borgJoke.jpg

I feel as you do Bisharoo.

Some things are worth fighting for. I hope you will join us in Lansing. If you can't drive, my wife and I will come and pick you up brother!

Mizerman

hey ol'hobo,i'm with you..i don't see much compassion there, only money..i've said it before,,if you're not happy with the money you can make as a CG with 5 patients,maybe you should try another state..stay with the way the law was written and maybe all the big guy growers will go to greener states..all this attention isn't good for the avg.patient or CG..zzb

Everyone talks about pt 2 pt and cg 2 pt, but why not cg 2 cg or pt 2 cg? If I am a caregiver for a patient that can't even get out of bed, and my whole crop goes to crap, why isn't it be legal for me as a cg to go out to another caregiver or to another patient and get meds for my patient who desperately needs it and can't get it themselves?

As a caregiver why can't I "acquire" the meds as it is written in law? cg to cg should be legal, or at minimum pt 2 cg. As a CG, the law says I can "acquire" mmj for my patients. To me that means I can grow, donate, compensate for time and materials, whatever way I want to acquire it.

I think as a community we need to change our thinking that pt 2 pt is the only sanctioned transfer outside of the cg to his/her 5 pt's. It leaves too many patients behind is something goes wrong, and cripples the caregivers ability to provide medicine for his/her patients if anything goes wrong. NO PATIENT LEFT BEHIND!

I am not arguing for dispensaries here, I am arguing that cg's should have transfer ability as well. Keep it safe, keep it local, but don't cripple my ability to provide for my patients when they can't provide for themselves.

sorry, rant off :|

I have no idea how on earth you could applaud them getting busted/raided/arrested.

I have dear friends that have been thoroughly chewed up by the legal system in Oakland County.

Your own words, " i voted for. pt.2pt. and cg to pt. is what i voted on back in november 08."

Well if that is correct, then if ANYONE at said dispensary is a "patient" or a "caregiver" and they wish to transfer an amount below 2.5 ounces to any other "patient" or "caregiver" then they ARE protected under our law.

If you don't like a dispensary, then don't go. You DO have that option.

Sorry, but your words have truly P-I-S-S-E-D me off this morning!

Mizerman :growl:

p.s. the very thing that you say you voted for actually protects the people at each and every one of these dispensaries (as far as the transactions between the patients & caregivers walking in the door)

p.s.p.s. keep a dictionary by your computer - or - here's a thought - LEARN HOW TO SPELL!

I have no idea how on earth you could applaud them getting busted/raided/arrested.

I have dear friends that have been thoroughly chewed up by the legal system in Oakland County.

Your own words, " i voted for. pt.2pt. and cg to pt. is what i voted on back in november 08."

Well if that is correct, then if ANYONE at said dispensary is a "patient" or a "caregiver" and they wish to transfer an amount below 2.5 ounces to any other "patient" or "caregiver" then they ARE protected under our law.

If you don't like a dispensary, then don't go. You DO have that option.

Sorry, but your words have truly P-I-S-S-E-D me off this morning!

Mizerman :growl:

p.s. the very thing that you say you voted for actually protects the people at each and every one of these dispensaries (as far as the transactions between the patients & caregivers walking in the door)

p.s.p.s. keep a dictionary by your computer - or - here's a thought - LEARN HOW TO SPELL!

hey mizerman,i think the spelling thing was below the belt...spelling is a learned skill..lack of it does not reflect a lack of intelligence just a lack of education,i thought you should know the difference ..zzb

hey mizerman,i think the spelling thing was below the belt...spelling is a learned skill..lack of it does not reflect a lack of intelligence just a lack of education,i thought you should know the difference ..zzb

Well, I apologize if you think that my comments were "below the belt".

I fail to grasp how anyone who is a medical marijuana patient or caregiver could be HAPPY over people getting arrested.

That to me shows no intelligence or education.

Again, I am sorry you feel this way. But, I stand by what I said. Just my opinion.

I have actually asked Blueberry if it is possible to have a "spell checking software" installed on this website. I know some people have a terrible time spelling correctly for whatever the reason might be.

However, there are hundreds...if not thousands...of people from the law enforcement and legal communities who read this website with as much regularity as all of us do. I happen to think that we could, (possibly), be taken more seriously if ALL of our comments that are posted had more of a look of "professionalism" to them.

Just my opinion.

That's all.

Mizerman

p.s. I know I make mistakes from time to time in the grammar department - and - don't spell a word correctly from time to time as well. But, I try not to. I just happen to think that in a forum such as this it might give our arguments more credibility....

um there is a spell check missspelll <--- a word it underlines with a red line, right click on that red line and it offers you several correct ways to go about it...

Trix

Yes, there is a spell check. But it's the tricky words like Lose and Loose, even the highly educated fumble upon. ;)

Guest Mr_smith

I wouldn't go to a dispensary and I dont love the idea of them. However, I don't wish to allow the legislature to take any of our rights away, regaurdless if I agree with them or not. They should be making changes only to protect us, not to find more ways to prosecute us.

Archived