Test Case

Call me nuts. My avatar is Knott whole.

So much has been said about a test case. Who is willing to do one? Why do we wait? I will test the case against outdoor grows. We will see how adamant the state is in denying qualifying patients the help, that we the people gave them. I will this year, test the state of Michigan, and all local and regional law enforcement. I will do an outside grow. I will not wait for them to come to me. I will stand up for what I fought for. I have no doubt that law enforcement watches this site. Here's my invitation. What some consider a game, I, and others, consider a right. If we don't force the issue, they will.

I will start posting pictures and descriptions of my facility in the next few weeks. It's meant to be something that anyone can build with somewhat limited funds and just a little help if needed.

I invite all to make recommendations and suggestions. I will ask none to offer "Good luck", as it's will, determination, and a belief that we're all in this together that matters most.

I will follow the law as stated:

© "Enclosed, locked facility" means a closet, room, or other enclosed area equipped with locks or other security devices that permit access only by a registered primary caregiver or registered qualifying patient.

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount.

I will challenge any, and all, who deny my given right by the people of Michigan, under the statute of Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, Initiated Law 1 of 2008, to grow in a locked, secure facility.

I will ensure that said facility, and all means of entry, with exception to unlawful conduct, will be controlled only by myself (caregiver), and that all measures needed for said security, to include fencing, alarms, video recording devices, including off site monitoring and records, and any other means deemed necessary, will be employed.

I believe in the law we worked so hard for. I will not let others dictate the law as it is written for me.

Let the games begin.

How to make a small fortune. Start with a large one and do this stand-up act. Defense $ required? Lots. Hope a great mmj attorney is involved. And such an issue is no doubt, headed for the MI Supreme Court, which means, "How I Spent My Summer," becomes "....And the Three Years That Followed." Take good notes, you'll need thm when you write your book (See Bob and Tory case). Supreme Court-bound tests take away the life of the defendent because the cases really do take on a life of their own. This is where the zealots come in, and volunteer to give up their life for the good of the community. One moment, does your family realize the possible costs and support this anyway? You will need a great family support system.

Guest 1TokeOverLine

How to make a small fortune. Start with a large one and do this stand-up act. Defense $ required? Lots. Hope a great mmj attorney is involved. And such an issue is no doubt, headed for the MI Supreme Court, which means, "How I Spent My Summer," becomes "....And the Three Years That Followed." Take good notes, you'll need thm when you write your book (See Bob and Tory case). Supreme Court-bound tests take away the life of the defendent because the cases really do take on a life of their own. This is where the zealots come in, and volunteer to give up their life for the good of the community. One moment, does your family realize the possible costs and support this anyway? You will need a great family support system.

The argument of a PA and member of the law enforcement/prosecutor brigade, I'm sure. You fail to understand that WE ARE NOT CRIMINALS and will NOT BE TREATED AS CRIMINALS. Do you think that for one minute our families have been kept in the dark about our medical needs and are not aware of the benefits of our chosen medicine??? Your reasoning suggests we are engaging in "criminal activities" and we should refrain from exercising our rights granted by the people of Michigan??

I won't even address the fear propaganda laden statements alluding to prison time to write a book or courts taking lives, not to mention the label tossed out of "zealot". All of which are well documented law enforcement statements used to scare citizens into their version of compliance with a law they can't get their head around and accept.

I call foul and smell the reasoning of a cop.

1T

Call me nuts. My avatar is Knott whole.

So much has been said about a test case. Who is willing to do one? Why do we wait? I will test the case against outdoor grows. We will see how adamant the state is in denying qualifying patients the help, that we the people gave them. I will this year, test the state of Michigan, and all local and regional law enforcement. I will do an outside grow. I will not wait for them to come to me. I will stand up for what I fought for. I have no doubt that law enforcement watches this site. Here's my invitation. What some consider a game, I, and others, consider a right. If we don't force the issue, they will.

I will start posting pictures and descriptions of my facility in the next few weeks. It's meant to be something that anyone can build with somewhat limited funds and just a little help if needed.

I invite all to make recommendations and suggestions. I will ask none to offer "Good luck", as it's will, determination, and a belief that we're all in this together that matters most.

I will follow the law as stated:

© "Enclosed, locked facility" means a closet, room, or other enclosed area equipped with locks or other security devices that permit access only by a registered primary caregiver or registered qualifying patient.

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount.

I will challenge any, and all, who deny my given right by the people of Michigan, under the statute of Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, Initiated Law 1 of 2008, to grow in a locked, secure facility.

I will ensure that said facility, and all means of entry, with exception to unlawful conduct, will be controlled only by myself (caregiver), and that all measures needed for said security, to include fencing, alarms, video recording devices, including off site monitoring and records, and any other means deemed necessary, will be employed.

I believe in the law we worked so hard for. I will not let others dictate the law as it is written for me.

Let the games begin.

Thanks for doing this but you cant wake up one day and say i want to be a test case it don't happen that way but good luck

not to mention the label tossed out of "zealot".

That's the part that made me wonder too. If there are zealots, or terrorist among us, is is the law enforcement and legal system that infringes on our rights. And that statement about making a fortune? I've never been in this for the money.

have a third party turn ya in, im sure there is a reward somewhere for it, then use the reward money to finance the lawsuit, lol

That's funny! I'm very sure there is somebody on this site that is planning just that as we speak.

Thanks for doing this but you cant wake up one day and say i want to be a test case it don't happen that way but good luck

Thanks. I didn't wake up one day wanting to do this. I have been consulting legal guidance on this for almost two years. I'm tired of living in fear. I'm tired of others living in fear.

I don't want to be a test case, but I refuse to be badgered by uninformed people.

If I could make a suggestion....

The test case is a good way to put your neck on the line to make a point. The key to what you want is expanding the program over the next 5 years to get the support of the public and the courts.

Imagine the change we would see when no prosecutor in Michigan could seat a jury that did not have a card holder or two? When we have that kind of numbers, we will have the protection we need. I would suggest that instead of standing in front of the tank, you work to make sure that YOUR prosecutor is the first one in the state to have so many card holders in his jury pool, so many positive and well qualified patients in his office, that he can't seat a jury and have a chance to run over your rights.

Protests have their place, so do tests cases. But the change will come when a prosecutor's election adviser talks about his weakening support in the community, and his children ask him why he is putting sick people that just want to get better in jail. Let's see 500,000 card holders in Michigan within 5 years.

Dr. Bob

PS--- Good Luck my friend

Guest 1TokeOverLine

i think its a crazy idea 1T, i give you props for wanting to do this but bro... think the consequences over, they will ruin your life or worse yet kill you and or harm your family. they will not come to your grow to shake your hand and say your grow is okay and within the law so continue on! they will try and make an example of you. get a good lawyer before hand and give all your defense money to a friend or family member in case they freeze your accounts. best wishes to you 1T, what you want to do is a stellar/dangerous move, be safe!

Whoa! Not me, Knottwhole wants his turn. I been there twice - gettin too old for jail. :gym:

1T

... think the consequences over, they will ruin your life or worse yet kill you and or harm your family.

I concur. You really can't appreciate a drug raid until your front door comes crashing down and you are face to face with masked thugs pointing AR-15's and shotguns in your face. Will they shoot your dog? Will they shoot you? Will a stray shot kill your child?

Then the really bad part begins. You spend all of your money defending yourself in court. You plead to a lesser charge so you only have to pay $3000 not $15,000 for a long trial. (lawyers charge $250 to $300 per hour)

Pleading guilty will get you probation, "community service", drug abuse counseling and court and probation costs.

Oh, did I mention that you also have to pay for your "community service" and counseling?

If they perceive you to be a political threat you may also have other charges piled on top of "drug" charges. Child endangerment is a favorite.

All this and incredible stress too. Noble sentiments but don't take these gangsters lightly. They want your money.

They will kill you.

kickyourass.gif

I concur. You really can't appreciate a drug raid until your front door comes crashing down and you are face to face with masked thugs pointing AR-15's and shotguns in your face. Will they shoot your dog? Will they shoot you? Will a stray shot kill your child?

Then the really bad part begins. You spend all of your money defending yourself in court. You plead to a lesser charge so you only have to pay $3000 not $15,000 for a long trial. (lawyers charge $250 to $300 per hour)

Pleading guilty will get you probation, "community service", drug abuse counseling and court and probation costs.

Oh, did I mention that you also have to pay for your "community service" and counseling?

If they perceive you to be a political threat you may also have other charges piled on top of "drug" charges. Child endangerment is a favorite.

All this and incredible stress too. Noble sentiments but don't take these gangsters lightly. They want your money.

They will kill you.

kickyourass.gif

Well said. leo are law breakers some may be good people but a high %%%% are not and the good ones just stand by and let their brothers break the law. Shame Shame I say

Also, you should understand that EVERY case is different, just cause it worked in your favor doesn't mean it will go as good for the next guy.. City, P.A., D.A., Lawyer, Health, Will power, Money

For example, if you did this in Wayne county, it may work out for you? per the city having a different outlook on the MM law vs doing this same thing in Emmet county where the law is not on our side.

I truly believe that like DR. Bob stated, the only way to decide this is by making it so the P.A. cant put a jury together w/o having MM patients involved and seated in his/her jury. 500,000 in 5 yrs

Trix

Though i do think he would be better off and take it to a jury IMO

I would never deal with the prosecutor. I would take it to the jury. My patients are ready to testify if needed as is my family and many in my community. Us farmers stick together.

I'm not in total agreement with many about who should know what I'm doing. I am in contact with the township commission and local police on this matter. My neighbors are informed of my plans.

Security will be the most pressing issue. I will exceed what the local county police use for their exterior secure storage. I will stay within the law regarding quantities both in plant count and dried, usable material. In fact, I will be 75% below what I am authorized in plant counts.

I understand that all of this is no guarantee against prosecution, but the states to demand we spend enormous amounts of money on equipment and utilities to grow a medicine for those who need it, must be questioned and challenged.

I would never deal with the prosecutor. I would take it to the jury. My patients are ready to testify if needed as is my family and many in my community. Us farmers stick together.

I'm not in total agreement with many about who should know what I'm doing. I am in contact with the township commission and local police on this matter. My neighbors are informed of my plans.

Security will be the most pressing issue. I will exceed what the local county police use for their exterior secure storage. I will stay within the law regarding quantities both in plant count and dried, usable material. In fact, I will be 75% below what I am authorized in plant counts.

I understand that all of this is no guarantee against prosecution, but the states to demand we spend enormous amounts of money on equipment and utilities to grow a medicine for those who need it, must be questioned and challenged.

Thanks and good luck if you win and i do think you will it will be a great win for all of us

Won't we get that from Kingpins case?

We may. He says that the ACLU is getting involved. The state will surely try to limit it even further if allowed. Something along the line of a concrete reinforced bunker wouldn't surprise me. They don't want us to grow with free sunshine. Cuts into their donations from power companies.

Archived