How Much Do Patients Generally Compensate Their Cg

themedicineman

this varries by CG. their is not set standard.

some CGs offer free meds every month to their assigned Pts. some dont. some charge 100.00 oz. some charge 300.00

some give it to their pts, and sell the overages for an average cost to Non Assigned paperwork via the Pt/Pt transfers.

Some don't charge, some charge 400/oz... all depends on the patients need, income etc. I get 300 personally. Also depends on quality etc. A patient taking on their first patient out of meds from their grow will have much less on hand than someone already growing for a few patients and they mite be able to have lower prices.

As I understand it one can't legally charge for the meds at all.

What you are charging for is the fair compensation for GROWING the meds. The product itself is a controlled substance and can NOT be legally sold for any price.

You get paid for being a farmer not a dealer.

That being said, one could argue that it costs x dollars to produce y quantity of meds so you need to charge z per ounce produced to be fairly compensated. (thats what I would do)

as far as actual numbers go Obi wan said it best: "you must do what you feel is right, of course."

thats just "as I understand it" not a blanket statement of absolute truth.

Being a caregiver means making a committment to help someone find relief for their debilitating medical condition. As a patient, I think effectiveness and quality are more important than price, but I do cultivate my own medicine as well as medicine for other patients. Beyond raw cannabis, a caregiver should understand cannabinoids and introduce their patients to alternative treatment options, my favorite is a glycerine-based tincture that tastes like honey.

When I go to my regular doctor or pharmacy, I'm required to pay for those services. I do not have insurance so everything comes out of my pocket. That's why I believe it's acceptable for caregivers to charge their patients something for their services, but they should be providing real service too!

Having said all that, I provide the patients registered to me with 1 free ounce each month. Additional ounces can be acquired for up to $200 per ounce. I end up giving away at least 8 ounces to patients in my area that have no money. The rest gets wholesaled to local caregivers who are between crops, most going for between $175 and $250 per ounce depending on my actual costs to produce that crop. I do include my time as a cost because if I did not put in the time, there would be no harvest.

NO, I do not have any openings for patients, but look around. I know there's many good caregivers on this site.

I know a caregiver who accepts a home cooked meal once a month for his compensation from one patient and $250.00 from another.

As Brad said its a personal commitment to making someone else feel better and if doing that makes you feel better and puts a few nickels in your pocket no harm no foul.

Being a caregiver is more than growing someones medication, You get to know the patient as a person.

Ed

A relationship develops over time and over time you come to know the patient as a person and unique individual as compared to the beginning when, so long as there are no personal conflicts immediately evident, money and the deal you can offer them is why they sign. On the question of signing? Right now in Detroit they sign for free meds and expect you to sell overages so they don't have to pay. There have been poll questions on here about the value of dispensaries, vote yes or no should we have them? Most discussions on here miss the point. My patients would all vote YES. To my patients the fact I get $350 an ounce for overages and they get 2 ounces free--they say do whatever it takes to make me mine free. The bad and natural side of that is, I have to let patients go when I discover they are taking their free meds and selling them to dispensaries. I'm not a doctor but I gotta question if the one who wrote the rec for such a patient felt the patient really merited the rec, or if all the doctor saw in them was a cert fee?

When I seee caregivers reporting they get $350 an ounce AND sell their overages to dispensaries, then I know the taxes in that county are too low, and their taxes should be raised and when collected, shipped to Detroit where patients who are too poor to pay, get all their medical care on vouchers. Why should mmj be different? The system has elements in it that can be played in a manner for patients to get free meds, and in Detroit they have figured it out and are using it. (Many areas outstate still have too much money for this, but it is coming). Two years ago in Detroit? Was way different, but now if you aren't giving patients free they will switch CG's as quickly as folks change gas stations when the next is a penny cheaper per gallon. My limit on it is free meds, but I expect very soon that CG's in Detroit Metro will be "buying patients" with $100 to sign up, and that will just be the starting bid.

The real value to patients of dispensaries (and outstate patients have yet to discover it) is that the CG who sells to dispensaries at high buck can afford to give patients their meds gratis. Give it a year and even outstate patients will wake up to doing business the way it is now done in Detroit.

A relationship develops over time and over time you come to know the patient as a person and unique individual as compared to the beginning when, so long as there are no personal conflicts immediately evident, money and the deal you can offer them is why they sign. On the question of signing? Right now in Detroit they sign for free meds and expect you to sell overages so they don't have to pay. There have been poll questions on here about the value of dispensaries, vote yes or no should we have them? Most discussions on here miss the point. My patients would all vote YES. To my patients the fact I get $350 an ounce for overages and they get 2 ounces free--they say do whatever it takes to make me mine free. The bad and natural side of that is, I have to let patients go when I discover they are taking their free meds and selling them to dispensaries. I'm not a doctor but I gotta question if the one who wrote the rec for such a patient felt the patient really merited the rec, or if all the doctor saw in them was a cert fee?

When I seee caregivers reporting they get $350 an ounce AND sell their overages to dispensaries, then I know the taxes in that county are too low, and their taxes should be raised and when collected, shipped to Detroit where patients who are too poor to pay, get all their medical care on vouchers. Why should mmj be different? The system has elements in it that can be played in a manner for patients to get free meds, and in Detroit they have figured it out and are using it. (Many areas outstate still have too much money for this, but it is coming). Two years ago in Detroit? Was way different, but now if you aren't giving patients free they will switch CG's as quickly as folks change gas stations when the next is a penny cheaper per gallon. My limit on it is free meds, but I expect very soon that CG's in Detroit Metro will be "buying patients" with $100 to sign up, and that will just be the starting bid.

The real value to patients of dispensaries (and outstate patients have yet to discover it) is that the CG who sells to dispensaries at high buck can afford to give patients their meds gratis. Give it a year and even outstate patients will wake up to doing business the way it is now done in Detroit.

The day i have to pay a patient, is the day i quit growing, i have lots for myself, and my patients get theres free or low priced. I don't sell to dispensories because i have enough for me and mine. If that was the case for dispencaries, i disagree. To turn a profit on my medication 2x what i charge. LOL I grow with enough sense to harvest what i need not what i want to "sell" a dispenc,. A greedy or a poor grower has extra's, a good grower know what he can grow in amounts. = enough for his patients, legal amounts, no selling to disp.

Im not sure but it seems to me the law was written expecting that cgs would grow and distribute to pts. NOT DISPENSARIES.. a dispensary isnt a pt so i dont see the legality in this.. Seems the best would be for cgs to grow and distribute to pts. at a fair cost recovery..

btw arent a bunch of caregivers in the detroit area up on charges for supplying dispensaries? Felony charges? Seems they may need more cgs in the area if the model remains the way it is above described.

ALSO,, My friend in detroit cant find one cg with free meds for him.. Seems he has to shop at a dispensary..

I think 200.00 an oz would be a fair price from a caregiver. Several patients I know like going to dispensaries even if they are expensive it is the uniqueness of the experience being able to pick and choose. Some dispensaries work on a patient caregiver system. Still may not be 100% legal but if you are a caregiver they sign patients up to you and then you except donations from dispense at a pretty cheap price. This way you actually have patients attached to you but they can go to a location and pick from many other strains that you may not have. I think this is a good idea for many patients as long as prices are pretty low and I think the 1 in Tecumseh is pretty low priced.

Why have the middle man marking stuff up? Why not just sell at a farmers market at a reasonable price? I don't want to give overages to dispensaries so they can mark them up to use the money to lobby to put me out of business. I guess that is just me.

:goodjob:

Why have the middle man marking stuff up? Why not just sell at a farmers market at a reasonable price? I don't want to give overages to dispensaries so they can mark them up to use the money to lobby to put me out of business. I guess that is just me.

No not just you by any means.. when cgs take their overages to the dispensary its the pts who have to pay more.. why not just get them to pts.. oh that may require working for the donations given..

Im not sure but it seems to me the law was written expecting that cgs would grow and distribute to pts. NOT DISPENSARIES.. a dispensary isnt a pt so i dont see the legality in this.. Seems the best would be for cgs to grow and distribute to pts. at a fair cost recovery..

True story ^^^ :thumbsu:

But if a dispensary is run by a patient its still a p2p transfer. What they do with it from there is their buisness. Some patients ,especially new ones, aren't brave enough to meet a stranger somewhere n make a transfer for meds. Also any patient doing p2p transfers could be selling it on the street for profit. to non card holders. Again his/her buisness u can do nothing about once the deal is done. Also dispensaries provide a safe place ppl can obtain meds before they get their grow started preventing them from supporting street dealers they have probably been supporting before they got legal. I'm sure others opinions differ but that's my opinion.

Archived