Gladwin Cops Say Patients Can't Drive. Period.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow sorry budz....if you just have THC metabolites you will be fine...

The judge has no right to refuse you medication....

We need to get you a lawyer fund going....

I got 5 on it....

I can barely pay rent but i would definitely throw down for that...

I know a real good lawyer out of lansing named Vince Greene...

He helped me when Roscommon cty violated my civil rights in 08...

Anyways prayers are with you...

Peace

Understand this people if they are allowed to convict this member we all will face the same fate because they will use this case as their baseline and start picking us off one by one this is the exact type of scenario that keeps my face out of the clubs and dispensaries the less who know my status the better chance i have at avoiding persecution by overzealous leos . :mellow:

I think we should pass the hat for his defense fund all you members who use the p2p transfer forum owe it to us all this could be you next .

Why would you even talk to them about your grow, they had no right to show up at your door, your first mistake. Second was you talked and gave them a blood test, I assume without the required warrant. You should have had no conversation at all, period! I would think you would have a defense assuming you did not talk to much, they obviously had no reason to stop you.

` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

They were planning on standing on my doorstep, until a warrant was called in. I know of the officers, they would have waited. My plant count was allowed at 24, I had 21. They took nothing from the room.

In Michigan, if you refuse to any sort of testing, the Sec. of State takes your Driver's License for 90 days, automatic, even if, in the end, the whole court thing is dropped, or, a conviction occurs.

They said I stopped too close to the stop sign. I stopped, where I stopped, and was using my blinker. They said I need to double stop, once before the sign, roll up to where I can see both ways down the road, then stop a second time, then proceed.

According to them, pain pill patients and MMJ patients, are not allowed to drive, period, in Michigan. If a controlled substance is in your body, any level, at the time of testing, your driver's license is toast.

Why would you even talk to them about your grow, they had no right to show up at your door, your first mistake. Second was you talked and gave them a blood test, I assume without the required warrant. You should have had no conversation at all, period! I would think you would have a defense assuming you did not talk to much, they obviously had no reason to stop you.

They knew I was a Patient, that implies I use MMJ.

Traffic violation was their reason for the stop. I stopped at the stop sign, not before the stop sign.

Refuse the test, automatic loss of license for 90 days, they get the warrant, I am testing positive, even though it had been 18 hours since I medicated at bedtime, the night before.

It is my understanding refusal to take the test is a civil infarction and a $170 ticket. How did they show you were impaired? I also don't believe it is a legal stop- you stopped before the stop sign, in your lane, and it seems they were attempting to set you up. I have a very good criminal attorney if that would be of help. PM me for details.

You may have grounds for a US Code 42 Section 1983 civil rights suit, but you need to chat with a lawyer about that.

Dr. Bob

Losing your license may happen, but that is the breaks. And in order to get the warrant they need cause or impairment, giving you a possible out. And they can stand at the door for months if they like, if they get a warrant fine, but it is illegal. You must be the one to exercise your rights, and you must do it as assertive as they will take your rights. Trust me I know it is hard, but it must be done, and you must be ready to ride the wave. You have chosen to be something other than a poor helpless sheep, authorities hate this in you, next time kick their donkey. This current incident will serve as experience and hopefully you can still beat it, but a serious lawyer will be needed. Good luck!

They knew I was a Patient, that implies I use MMJ.

Traffic violation was their reason for the stop. I stopped at the stop sign, not before the stop sign.

Refuse the test, automatic loss of license for 90 days, they get the warrant, I am testing positive, even though it had been 18 hours since I medicated at bedtime, the night before.

There was also a recent case where a grow was reported, cops got a warrant to investigate a grow. Turns out when they arrived they were MMJ card holders, but they proceeded to search anyhow. Judge ruled that as no emergency existed, they needed to go back to the magistrate with evidence of an illegal plant count or sale, just having a grow was not evidence of criminal activity in a legal card holder- you have to show evidence they are doing something wrong and committing a crime.

This may well be a case where an innocent individual was literally harassed by the cops simply because he was an MMJ patient and literally doing nothing wrong.

Dr. Bob

Oh you can bet he was harassed, from the moment they went to his door. Their fundamental reason for the test is based on outdated rulings, the Supreme court has overturned this. There all kinds of things wrong with what happened, it's crazy.

There was also a recent case where a grow was reported, cops got a warrant to investigate a grow. Turns out when they arrived they were MMJ card holders, but they proceeded to search anyhow. Judge ruled that as no emergency existed, they needed to go back to the magistrate with evidence of an illegal plant count or sale, just having a grow was not evidence of criminal activity in a legal card holder- you have to show evidence they are doing something wrong and committing a crime.

This may well be a case where an innocent individual was literally harassed by the cops simply because he was an MMJ patient and literally doing nothing wrong.

Dr. Bob

Total BS! Im not too hot on the money scene either but I would be willing to throw a 10 in the pot just to help out a little. Nowhere in our law does it say if a pt gets into trouble that the police have a right to search the cg or vice versa. No warrant NO ENTRY!!! Not EVER!!! The May rally cant come fast enough! We need every cg/pt in the state as well as those ppl that voted for this law to show up and support our rights!

I'm willing to put money in a defense fund for you sabbath fan (budz for u )and for those of you sitting back going "wow I'm glad thats not me" need to know it very well could be you if they are allowed to convict a non medicated medical marijuana patient ON A BS duid charge then we are all fair game. :unsure:

Just think how badly do you or your family depend on you having driving privileges? :mellow:

I know my life would pretty much be over and all the low income patients i provide low cost medicine to are screwed as well. :notfair:

We are having a special fundraiser this saturday at our Clare county compassion club and the proceeds will go towards legal defense for Budz-4-u.. Please join us in supporting him.. www.clarecountycc.ning.com

All the details for the meeting are on that site..

We are having a special fundraiser this saturday at our Clare county compassion club and the proceeds will go towards legal defense for Budz-4-u.. Please join us in supporting him.. www.clarecountycc.ning.com

All the details for the meeting are on that site..

Hopefully some good donations will get donated..I will see what i ahve...Maybe talk it over with the ladies and see if i can donate a plant for rafle...I have a cpl ready for flowering...

Wow sorry budz....if you just have THC metabolites you will be fine...

The judge has no right to refuse you medication....

We need to get you a lawyer fund going....

I got 5 on it....

I can barely pay rent but i would definitely throw down for that...

I know a real good lawyer out of lansing named Vince Greene...

He helped me when Roscommon cty violated my civil rights in 08...

Anyways prayers are with you...

Peace

Our club will be holding a raffle this week and we will throw u what we make for attorney fees......i will be offering a plant ready for flowering in the raffle.......so please be ready to buy some raffle tickets....bring a friend...http://clarecountycc.ning.com/

Hey Annie, Mayorherb,

What are suitable items for the raffle this saturday? I find myself cash-poor and plant rich this week. I've met y'all at Houghton Lake, but haven't yet been to the Clare club meetings.

Well we are donateing a plant that will be ready for flowering this week for the raffle...Donations will be going to help Budz Attorney fees...I will bring a pic of plant on phone...plant will be at private location...

Archived