Gladwin Cops Say Patients Can't Drive. Period.

Sorry this happened to you Budz, not sure if I could make any of these events. Is there a more direct way to get you $$ ? PM me or maybe post something for everyone that can't make a trip...Paypal maybe? I was very encourage to see these clubs helping out, you have my respect. I'd like to see some of these dispensaries donate as well. You can bet, if this BS catches on you'll see LEO making regular stops on people leaving these places. Time to help out or close your doors.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PAYPAL: sprint72c@yahoo.com

Thanks to all who are interested in helping me......... and all the others who may face a similar situation.

As my Patient is involved with his non-MMJ case, I must remain silent, because of my State of Michigan licensed connection to him.

As I am involved with my MMJ case, I am remaining silent. I retained a trial lawyer today, and am pleading Not Guilty.

I am very concerned for all of us, whose names are on other Patient or Caregivers cards. Those cards can be used to gather names.... and then addresses can be found.

We are not in control of the actions of others. When the cards need to be shown to cover your medicine/grow, then those officers are seeing names they don't need to see. And, in seeing those names, it makes it too easy for them to use that knowledge against you.

Thanks again to all of you !!

I'm one of the one's Smokeythebear was talking about being busted in the U.P., this will be B.S. DUI #3 for me and a possibility of prision. Let's just say I was "complying" with state laws selling my vehicle at the time of the stop, taking it home from someone taking it on a test drive to their mechanic. (less than 3 miles round trip) Had a small amount of meds on me. I want to bring it to trial for jury nullification, PRISION for being a medical marijuana patient?! Any attorneys work pro-bono?

Hey Annie, Mayorherb,

What are suitable items for the raffle this saturday? I find myself cash-poor and plant rich this week. I've met y'all at Houghton Lake, but haven't yet been to the Clare club meetings.

Yes.. please join us boroboro.. We meet at the library so all raffle items are a peice of paper until the aftermeeting.. so all donations would be acceptable and appreciated!! Thanks so much lets do this.. Im distraught over this horrible series of events!!

Sorry this happened to you Budz, not sure if I could make any of these events. Is there a more direct way to get you $$ ? PM me or maybe post something for everyone that can't make a trip...Paypal maybe? I was very encourage to see these clubs helping out, you have my respect. I'd like to see some of these dispensaries donate as well. You can bet, if this BS catches on you'll see LEO making regular stops on people leaving these places. Time to help out or close your doors.

ahh yes this is a good idea.. i will travel to the 5 YES I SAID 5 dispensaries in our little vacation town and request assistance.. I will also report the results.. oh and the several grow stores as well..

well the case law is there to 'correct' their attitudes.

Dr. Bob

Supreme court ruled that if you are a patient , you can NOT be charged with driving with Cannabis in your systemmPERIOD>>>Did they miss that Memo? Glad Clare cops are not like this...

Supreme court ruled that if you are a patient , you can NOT be charged with driving with Cannabis in your systemmPERIOD>>>Did they miss that Memo? Glad Clare cops are not like this...

Was that the ruling from, I think July of last year? The one posted earlier in this thread?

ahh yes this is a good idea.. i will travel to the 5 YES I SAID 5 dispensaries in our little vacation town and request assistance.. I will also report the results.. oh and the several grow stores as well..

Yes good idea stress this fact to them that without us their business goes away how many people are going to take a bus or a cab to the dispensary? :notfair:

Guest mark112264

I can't drive, at the moment. Have to wait 30 days since my last joint. I live in Gladwin !!

i live in gladwin also if ya need a ride to the meeting im here for ya pm me

Thanks to those who have thrown in on my Lawyer costs, via the Paypal account listed on this thread, page 3, I believe.

Not happy going back on brain and back meds to say the least. I was able to quit all that, with MMJ. This sucks.

This too shall pass.

Psalm 23

Serenity Prayer

Another Tum's for the tummy.

Thanks !!

Sue the hell out of them.

AS another poster already made clear, the Michigan Supreme Court has ruled metabolites in your system don't necessarily mean you're presently under the influence.

You didn't know your rights, and now it's going to cost you.

It's EVERY patient's responsibility to KNOW THEIR RIGHTS. Bet you will now. You have my sympathy, but some of this is your own fault. You should never have become a caregiver without being informed of your rights. Not knowing them allowed the cops to railroad you. Now you will face an expensive legal fight that could have been avoided had you just told the cops to get a warrant if they wanted to search your home.

I hope you can teach them a lesson, make sure you get a pitbull for a lawyer. Cops like this need their peepee's slapped a few times before they learn the law.

Every caregiver should have a "No Trespassing" sign in plain sight on their property. This keeps the police from doing the "knock and talk" that trapped this caregiver.

It also keeps the solicitors, evangelists, and girl scouts away. I do miss the girl scout cookies, though...

Just because he didnt know the law well doesnt mean he shouldnt have been a caregiver. The problem is that nothing big has happened to help keep this law the way it was written balls are being dropped. Marches and protests as I have said are cliche' at this point and will do no good in the eyes of our "leaders" ... We need to fight back legally and if it means we all have to help each other out when needed we should do so!! The more COURT cases they lose the better off we are! People can not afford to fight the law alone....

We are having a special fundraiser this saturday at our Clare county compassion club and the proceeds will go towards legal defense for Budz-4-u.. Please join us in supporting him.. www.clarecountycc.ning.com

All the details for the meeting are on that site..

clare county compassion club

April 30, 2011 from 12pm to 2pm – public library in clare

http://clarecountycc.ning.com/

See y'all tomorrow. Keep your head up, Budz. They have the guns on their side, but we have the truth on our side.

We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.

Yes good idea stress this fact to them that without us their business goes away how many people are going to take a bus or a cab to the dispensary? :notfair:

Ok so i went to the local buisnesses today and It went ok.. First of all as i expected the local grow store reached right into their pocket and gave a very nice donation.. THANKYOU Synthetic sun..

The others dont know me so i suppose they were nervous to give me anything.. The Mother of the owner of one was EXTREMELY busy so she will have to ask the owner about all this.. And the other will have me return in a couple of days when he is more prepared for giving a nice donation..

Words cannot describe the gratitude for the Clare Compassion Club, and their outpouring of support, and to others who have donated to the Paypal account.

I did not seek to become a poster boy for this cause.

However, I had not smoked my LEGAL MEDICINE in 18 hours, prior to the traffic stop, arrest, blood draw, and night in jail.

I was not under the influence, and I will not back down.

It is sinking in, that this affects all of us. The Gladwin LEO has stated that Patients have given up their right to drive.

We shall see. Thanks again to all who are supporting me, and especially to those who are organizing for my support.

If anyone is ever encountered with a "Knock and Talk" situation, DO NOT ANSWER YOUR DOOR. Unless the police have a warrant, you are under no obligation to talk to any law enforcement officers about anything. Unless they have stopped you and said something like "We had a break in a few minutes ago and you fit the description of the suspect. What is your name?", they need a warrant to see your plants, come in your house, or even get you to open the door. There is no law against refusing to open your door to a warrantless officer.

Please, just trust me on this. It's legal to walk away. It's legal to not answer the door. It's legal to have cops outside, knocking, looking through your window while the blinds are open, and you walk up, close the blinds, and never answer the door. Nothing is impossible, its just how you approach it.

Cops bend the law to their rules. You need to learn how to bend them back. This is Step 1. Many more that follow.

Archived