Temp To High In Growroom, Help!

witoke

HEllo, Im just built a growroom (14X9) and have my first grow (clones) potted a week ago!!! The problem that I'm having is my Temp in the growroom, its way to high! I'm using a Ebb & Grow growing system with 4-1000 watt lights, that run 18 on 6 off, and that are being cooled with fan that is exhaust into another room! Im watering every 8 hours for 30 minutes! My GR temp with lights on ranges from 90-98 degrees and 73-74 with lights off! I also have a 10,000 btu A/C in the grow room and my work room which is next to the GR is at 91 degrees with GR lights on and 81 with lights off! Can I water my clones 15 mins longer or WHAT???? HELP PLEASE!!!! Thank You All in advance!!!

Your running 4 1000 watt hoods where does the intake air come from the room itself ?

If so i would be looking into buying a portable air we aren't even close to summer temps yet also you need to draw fresh air to keep the plants happy can you vent a fan through any exsiting windows ?

4 lights ill bet you have a old house if so you may have problems when temp and humidty changes outside. you will need more ac i have that problem as well with 3 lights and i have a portable ac already you need to turn off some of your lights the temp way too high will kill plants not good 85 and up. 85 is the top if you have co2. get temp under control then turn on all lights does no good to have all lights on if it is killing your plants

You got serious problems - plants will basically slow or even stop growing above 86, at 90 degrees - they will stress.

And its not even July yet.Each 1k watt light is putting out 4,500 BTUs of heat, now times that by 4 - 18,000 BTUs. If your portable A/C is rated for 10,000 BTUs - it is going to LOSE!

First off - for that size room, I keep thinking you got 2 lights too many - for clones - you only need one of those 1k watts running right now.

IN flower, you want more light - but again - each 1k watt is supposed to cover a 4'x4' (some say 6'x6') floor light foot print. - for that 14' x 9' room, you got 2 lights too many.

Next - you got no cool air. The building itself sounds like its overheated - a workspace next door running 91s (its not even summer yet!)

Even in the dark its still too hot (its NOT even SUMMER yet)

You need to bring in cool air. Your portable AC sounds like its blowing hot air back into the building. It needs to blow hot air outside.

You need cool intake air - either create a cold room - to suck cool air in from, or fix your portable A/C ( most floor models are not that powerful)

DO NOT PROCEED TO VEG OR FLOWER UNTIL YOU GET YOUR 'EMPTY' ROOM TO FOLLOW A TEMP REGIME OF 70's to 80's. You will waste time, money, and risk - to end up with a crappy crop. You will likely suffer from weak, airy buds, spider mites, and powdery mildew.

-DN

Your running 4 1000 watt hoods where does the intake air come from the room itself ?

If so i would be looking into buying a portable air we aren't even close to summer temps yet also you need to draw fresh air to keep the plants happy can you vent a fan through any exsiting windows ?

The fresh air intake is comming from the work room (91 degrees)! Should i put an A/C in the work room?

You got serious problems - plants will basically slow or even stop growing above 86, at 90 degrees - they will stress.

And its not even July yet.Each 1k watt light is putting out 4,500 BTUs of heat, now times that by 4 - 18,000 BTUs. If your portable A/C is rated for 10,000 BTUs - it is going to LOSE!

First off - for that size room, I keep thinking you got 2 lights too many - for clones - you only need one of those 1k watts running right now.

IN flower, you want more light - but again - each 1k watt is supposed to cover a 4'x4' (some say 6'x6') floor light foot print. - for that 14' x 9' room, you got 2 lights too many.

Next - you got no cool air. The building itself sounds like its overheated - a workspace next door running 91s (its not even summer yet!)

Even in the dark its still too hot (its NOT even SUMMER yet)

You need to bring in cool air. Your portable AC sounds like its blowing hot air back into the building. It needs to blow hot air outside.

You need cool intake air - either create a cold room - to suck cool air in from, or fix your portable A/C ( most floor models are not that powerful)

DO NOT PROCEED TO VEG OR FLOWER UNTIL YOU GET YOUR 'EMPTY' ROOM TO FOLLOW A TEMP REGIME OF 70's to 80's. You will waste time, money, and risk - to end up with a crappy crop. You will likely suffer from weak, airy buds, spider mites, and powdery mildew.

-DN

Thanks ND! Working on that all day today! How many plants for 2 lights?

Wow, it seems like to have invested a lot of time, work, and money setting up a huge operation, but utterly skimped on the cheapest ingredient! (homework)

Treehugger,

TRUST ME, I DID MY HOMEWORK!!!! BUT THANKS FOR YOUR SO-CALLED HELP, REALLY DONT NEED TO HEAR YOUR INSULTS THOUGH!!!

Treehugger,

TRUST ME, I DID MY HOMEWORK!!!! BUT THANKS FOR YOUR SO-CALLED HELP, REALLY DONT NEED TO HEAR YOUR INSULTS THOUGH!!!

Yea for some reason some people got to get their chests out and sing "cockadoodledoo" and think they feel better by calling us names and bunny muffin....instead of giving positive input they just think they know it all, and put ya down......they are just idiots my friend, and good luck on the temperature thing dude!

First off please settle down don't make me remove any posts its the part of being a moderator i hate most censorship . :thumbsd:

So you do have an air conditioner i was smoking pretty heavily last night must not have noticed that part of your question. :unsure:

If there is a way exhausting all of your hoods to another room or even outside thats going to drop your temps i think enough that your 10.000 BTU portable air does the job .

I was having this problem I have 2 1K lights one hod and one unbrela vortex fan sucking air out of room had a 8000 btu ac it worked for a day then could not keep up now I have a 12,000 btu now it's only geting low 80's and when it get worm I'll have a ac in the room next to it with fan pushing it in to the room to help cool it. I hope it works, I have flood&drain with 32 1gal pots,

I'd say u have to much light for your clones right now and I'd just get the biggest ac you can get for your room to help and get as much air moving in and out as you can good luck

I hope I have good luck also lol

First off please settle down don't make me remove any posts its the part of being a moderator i hate most censorship . :thumbsd:

So you do have an air conditioner i was smoking pretty heavily last night must not have noticed that part of your question. :unsure:

If there is a way exhausting all of your hoods to another room or even outside thats going to drop your temps i think enough that your 10.000 BTU portable air does the job .

Kingdiamond, thanks for all the advice that you shared! I took back the 10,000 btu for a 12,ooo btu, plus a took one light out of the equation and that helped greatly!!! Then I had the central A/C fixed and the work room that was 91 degrees has gone down to 75 degrees!!! And YES, I have the lights exhaust going outside as well as the portable A/C venting outside!!! I cant belive how the clones have taken off!!! :thumbsu:

First off please settle down don't make me remove any posts its

the part of being a moderator i hate most censorship . :thumbsd:

I almost did " Kingdiamond " till i read your Post ....

Anyways .... Don't feel Bad " witoke " ....

I'm working on mine too ....

I thought i was Good ....

But i got reverse Everything from Winter to Summer ...

It Takes Time ... Correct Air Movement is Very Important ...

Thanks for Sharing Everyone

I've got a 12k portable unit for 4 1000's and it is barely enough. When we hit July I don't think it will be near enough.

One of the big things is look for air flow around your room. It should almost be going in a circle, AC pushing into the room, flow around and out the other side. Plenty of fans to keep the air moving.

Good luck.

How many CFM is your exhaust fan rated at ?

What is the diameter of your inlet hole, the diameter of your flex hose, and the in/out diameter of your inline fan ?

Are your hoods sealed with in/out inline hose connections, or does the bulbs heat just radiate into the room ?

I watched a bunch of videos on youtube before I went and bought my supplies.

Yea for some reason some people got to get their chests out and sing "cockadoodledoo" and think they feel better by calling us names and bunny muffin....instead of giving positive input they just think they know it all, and put ya down......they are just idiots my friend, and good luck on the temperature thing dude!

If they are idiots for calling names.....what are you doing calling them names? :sword:

Treehugger,

hey i know your new here but relax. not sure where you come from but where im from that person just tried to to help you, if you think you were insulted highlight it for me will you as i can find it....

with that said the best thing you could have done is your home work first. I know my kid says she did her home work then she comes home and its 95 in the middle of may and shes failed her test and your rooms too hot. cant help but think someone didnt do the homework or was maybe medicating during the cooling chapter lol. no insults at all.... you got 4k watt lights cooking a handfull of clones yet your barking at folks you did your homework.

Slow down relax..... if you did your home work fine, maybe we just need a lil refresher.

I WAS running a 9000BTU single hose venting into ambient interior air then dehuey that air. That was working at its max to cool room with (2) 1K lights that are inline vented out of the room. I have now upgraded to a dual hose 14K BTU.....room never goes above 78 now unless I have my CO2 on then I let it adjust up to 84. Whynter 14K BTU dual hose saved me and doesn't pull precious CO2 out of my room now.

I WAS running a 9000BTU single hose venting into ambient interior air then dehuey that air. That was working at its max to cool room with (2) 1K lights that are inline vented out of the room. I have now upgraded to a dual hose 14K BTU.....room never goes above 78 now unless I have my CO2 on then I let it adjust up to 84. Whynter 14K BTU dual hose saved me and doesn't pull precious CO2 out of my room now.

Right - so the math - 1,000 watt light puts out 4,500 BTUs of HEAT, you had 2 lights- so thats 9,000 BTUs of HEAT total.

So the original 9,000BTU A/C cooling was apparently not enough because the 2 lights alone were 9,000BTUs of HEAT!

You want a little overkill - for plant transpiration, hotter/humid days. So, as you found out - 14,000 BTU A/C can keep 2 - 1,000 watt lights and a room cool. (9,000 - 14,000 = 5,000 BTUs of cooling available)

-DN

To this thread:

YOU say that your intake air comes in from the workshop in the next room - 91 degrees? - thats the temperature you are trying to use to cool your grow room, bad.

You need to either cool the workshop, or build a cold room where an A/C blows cold air into, then the grow room takes the cold air from that room. This way you can use a smaller A/C than a major one you probably need to cool the workshop.

For all the other posts:

Remember:

600 watt lights - EACH will put out 2,600 BTUs of HEAT

1,000 Watt lights - Each will put out 4,500 BTUs of HEAT

Minimum.

So you will need an A/C that at least DOUBLED the BTU of ALL THE TOTAL LIGHTS, with the leftover cooling capacity - that will be available to combat the high temp, high humidy days.

Some grow rooms will require the home sized A/C units to be installed - why? These are more energy efficent than a Window or portable unit.

-DN

This thread caught my attention! I have a 6x9 flower room that is at 74 with 6" inlline vortex 424 cfm on high. I am running 2-600w hps cool hoods cooled in series 6" flanges. No ac but I think I may need to invest in one since I just exhaust into another area of the basically open basement. Intake air is passive but pulls door shut. Thinking of cutting another intake vent in the wall. Temps in open area are climbing with the ambient temp outside gradually. Any input appreciated. Thanks KGB

Archived