Michigan Police Seize 7,000 Marijuana Plants

PONTIAC, Mich. -- Authorities say they've seized about 7,000 marijuana plants worth an estimated $7 million from a property in Lenawee County.

Michigan State Police say troopers from the Office of Monroe Narcotics Investigations made the seizure on Monday from a greenhouse, barn and several fields in Rome Township, located about 65 miles southwest of Detroit.

A husband and wife in their 60s were arrested. Names weren't released Tuesday morning pending arraignment.

Police say plants ranged from seedlings to mature ones ready for harvest, and several more fields were being prepared for growing. Investigators went to the property following a tip that was given to a detective with the Lenawee County sheriff's department.

Authorities also seized were grow lights, a watering system and ventilation equipment, as well about 25 pounds of processed marijuana.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28156155/detail.html

I just watched this on the news. This close to me. I can`t believe people think they can get away with this kinda stuff. This is not out in the middle of no where. It is somewhat of a residential area.

At least they didn`t mention Medical Marijuana. Peace, Afi

investigation into the grow operation began Monday after a Lenawee County detective received an anonymous tip

Acting on anonymous tips is bad. Impending police state. This is a slippery slope.

well we need people like this out of play,, it makes legal patients and caregivers look bad.

Breaking the law is bad. But I will not forget the millions of Americans imprisoned for making medicine available to me before the state allowed them to. Many are criminals and many are heros.

BoooBoooo and one more Booo.....Sorry if i offend anyone but if i hear one more person say how this non- medical pot bust makes us look bad im gonna fekking puke. Not more than just a few years ago a whole bunch of us were the same kinda criminal as this guy. Did he have a lot of plants, yes, is he stupid, appears that way. Is he a criminal though, no, in spite of your concerns this man was growing the same lovely plant as the rest of us, hurting no one. when the kids down the road od on the same pain meds we took did our butts puker in fear?

BoooBoooo and one more Booo.....Sorry if i offend anyone but if i hear one more person say how this non- medical pot bust makes us look bad im gonna fekking puke. Not more than just a few years ago a whole bunch of us were the same kinda criminal as this guy. Did he have a lot of plants, yes, is he stupid, appears that way. Is he a criminal though, no, in spite of your concerns this man was growing the same lovely plant as the rest of us, hurting no one. when the kids down the road od on the same pain meds we took did our butts puker in fear?

To an extent I agree but 7,000 plants is just flat out greed. I don`t know about you but I would of never considered anything of that size. That is ridiculous!!!!

LMAO!

That looked like some hack Mexican outdoor grow! Plants rowed up like corn.....hahahaha

The greenhouses looked like they were rocking though.

I really can't believe someone actually thought up this and carried it out. Simply amazing.

To an extent I agree but 7,000 plants is just flat out greed. I don`t know about you but I would of never considered anything of that size. That is ridiculous!!!!

with that i agree all the way. hes an idiot, no way, even if you wanted to get rich, do you need that much. 7000 is waaaaaay too many, but in the end he only had 7000 plants that all of us know to be less than harmful, no where near criminal....

i don't care about what anyone says,,this is just wrong,,these folks weren't doing anything but breaking the law,,spin it anyway you want..they should go to jail..this wasn't a case of being a couple plants over your count..this was a plan to make money,no other reason for it...and i think it reflects badly on the rest of us who are trying to put a good face on the use of MJ as medicine..i refuse to feel sorry for their stupidity,...pay the piper and sing the jail house blues..their greed put them in the spot their in...big balls but no brains...budpuffer/zb

im just wondering where it is i go to get $1000.00 for each of my plants. I could use the money.......

im just sayin, if leo is getting 1k per plant, why cant we?

You just need to grow bigger plants.

Archived