Massive Heat Wave Expected Next Week

Just a friendly reminder in case you missed the weather report

http://dailytribune.com/articles/2011/07/15/news/doc4e1f24a264baa614144301.txt

The National Weather Service says temperatures will reach 82 today, then 88 Saturday, 93 Sunday, 94 Monday and 92 Tuesday. No rain is expected, increasing the unusually dry conditions prevalent in oakland county.

I bought an portable ac for the flower room both the central and that thing ought to keep us kool but im dreading the power bill . :blink:

Hope you the best with that. The one I got only dropped my FR a couple deg with my central running non stop. Best thing thing I found was more air flow to get heat out.

My flower room is a 5x7 semi sealed room with the ac vent going outside i pull air through the filter through my hood then out into a separate area in the basement theres a 500 cfm inline pulling air from another room to improve air circulation in the flower room so far my portable 9000 BTU ac unit keeps it a nice and cozy 79 degrees the House central helped some at first but once the 90s hit outside it was futile going without the portable .

I use Litro Lights that generate almost no heat and I do not need AC and my yields are the same also my power bill is 2/3 less than last year

I respect the work you do with PT, but seriously dude, isn't it time to give that a rest? we ALL know it's BS, and you look like a fool/salesman for spouting mis-information. There isn't a floro bulb on the planet that can come close to HID. they just don't penetrate. period

I respect the work you do with PT, but seriously dude, isn't it time to give that a rest? we ALL know it's BS, and you look like a fool/salesman for spouting mis-information. There isn't a floro bulb on the planet that can come close to HID. they just don't penetrate. period

Thank you. :lol:

How can you know that it is BS if you have not tried them yourself . All I am doing is relaying the results that I have been seeing the last 5 months and these lights sure do solve the problem of heat issues but since you are all offended by me talking about these lights I will remove them from the store.and stop posting.

Budhabit. If you really wanted to convince people, you should stop hijacking others threads.

Start your OWN thread.

Post your OWN pictures and results

And maybe people like me and BRI would stop bashing you. We're tired of your advertisements. For some reason the admins will ban people for lesser offenses but you're allowed to advertise on here all day everyday.

Budhabit. If you really wanted to convince people, you should stop hijacking others threads.

Start your OWN thread.

And maybe people like me and BRI would stop bashing you. We're tired of your advertisements. For some reason the admins will ban people for lesser offenses but you're allowed to advertise on here all day everyday.

But if he posts pictures then we'll all see what a joke his product look likes :lol:

Start your OWN thread.

That will not be a problem since the Cannabis Cancer Project will no longer be posting on this site.

Guest Happy Guy

He gave some Litro bulbs to Scott at Homelight Gardens in Bay City. If you want to know about them call him at 989-922-0088. Scott will give you his honest opinion as a grower.

John, let's be serious. Floro bulbs have a place in the garden. great for cloning and early veg. BUT, when the plants grow to 12"+ it's time to move them up to a stronger, penetrating light source. unless your growing some auto-flowers or running a SOG the yield WILL suffer. I want/get tight, frosty buds all the way down my plants. not just the canopy.

My plants are surrounded by floro light........I have t5 8 tube fixtures overhead and t5 4 tube fixtures mounted horizontally about the middle of the plant and 55w cfl clip ons where needed....Frosty buds all over.....HJ

thats my point. if you build a tanning bed for the plants, so the light is right on them, floro's will work fine. BUT, dedicating a dozen bulbs per plant isn't cost effective and gets pretty warm too. I don't like $500 light bills, thats just how it has to be

I use Litro Lights that generate almost no heat and I do not need AC and my yields are the same also my power bill is 2/3 less than last year

I've actually done the math on these, and to get the same lumens (because that's what plants really care about) as a 1000wHID, you would have to run I think it was 1152w's of the LitroGlo. To get anywhere near the same, you need something like 16 bulbs running, which then you can run them on top, down the sides, etc. But you have to keep them so close to the plant because of penetration, you couldn't get as many plants in. So, to get the SAME results, it would cost you more, and you have less flexibility. Oh, and 1152w of Floro will produce more heat overall than a 1000w HID with the ballast in a different room.

That will not be a problem since the Cannabis Cancer Project will no longer be posting on this site.

:goodjob:

It isn't a problem with the Cannabis Cancer Project, the problem is with the constant ads running in normal threads hidden as posts. I won't get into the attacks you make on people who give any opinion that isn't in line with yours. But if you were nice, kind and grateful all of the time to everyone, I think you would get more donations.

We all like to hear about people who were helped by cannabis, but it gets really tiring to hear that LitroGlo's work better than HID's. If it were true, HID's would be a thing of the past. They would be installing them commercially everywhere in greenhouses, and master growers would be posting about them online. The truth is, you get slightly less lumen per watt with Litro's.

John, let's be serious. Floro bulbs have a place in the garden. great for cloning and early veg. BUT, when the plants grow to 12"+ it's time to move them up to a stronger, penetrating light source. unless your growing some auto-flowers or running a SOG the yield WILL suffer. I want/get tight, frosty buds all the way down my plants. not just the canopy.

I would actually like some Litro's for my veg area. But I just rebuilt my flower room and my wife says I have to pay off the credit cards before I can spend any more on rebuilding my veg area. Like Bri said, they have their place, it just isn't in the flower room yet.

Hydro Jack, so for a 4x4 area, it sounds like you have about at least 20 T5 bulbs plus a couple clip on CFL's? What about 24w each? Puts you around 500w. Do you really think it is that much better than a 600w HID? Or about the same as a 400w HID? you are pulling probably around 40,000 lumen, a 400w HID is somewhere around 36,000 lumen to some claim over 50,000 lumen.

So, I am not saying you can't somehow get enough fluoro's to do the job, I am saying it takes so many of them, you aren't really gaining much except bulb life. And when you add in fixtures, etc, you aren't really saving much over initial cost anyway.

I'm running 12 plants in a 3 x 8 area..This area is has 2 8 lamp t5's inline above and 2 4 lamp t5's inline horizontal along one side and 10 or so 55 watt clip ons on the other side to total around 1800 watts over 12 plants.....I do this due to height restrictions........My plants in tis setup are around 4 foot tall at finish....If i used HID lighting I would loose over a foot of plant height due to having to have more clearance above the plant tops.....HJ

Lite glow bulbs are hyper inflated costing more than $40 each. I can buy a 600w HID bulb for $30.

Cedarsprings, if your calculations are correct, I would need 47 lite glow bulbs to produce the lumen output of a HID 1000w.

47 bulbs * $40 each = $1903 only.

Archived