Simpson Oil Vs Bho

I'm using the chunky stuff.

Same here .. used about 3/4 cup for about 20ml of oil.

I think I'm going to do another wash with it. I had some material I needed to clean up. This first wash seems to have pulled out about 75% of what I was trying to remove.

I had thought about trying to distil the THC from the oil. PITA ..

This is much simpler. In addition there is a possibility that charcoal could be helpful in removing radioactive materials.

Same here .. used about 3/4 cup for about 20ml of oil.

I think I'm going to do another wash with it. I had some material I needed to clean up. This first wash seems to have pulled out about 75% of what I was trying to remove.

I had thought about trying to distil the THC from the oil. PITA ..

This is much simpler. In addition there is a possibility that charcoal could be helpful in removing radioactive materials.

I'm not so sure that this is leaving just THC. I know that it is taking out some of the plant material. Why wouldn't the CBD still be in it too?

Please use the fine SA 4 yes only 1/4 teaspoon of the charcoal. to about a pint and one half of green ISO, the SA 4 does not remove oils, the large chunks stuff does not work at least the stuff i used, and yes the filtered oil does work.

You have to make sure you use the type of chunky charcoal that is for water, not the stuff for air. There's a difference. Just like you can't use the water stuff for air.

How much can a 1/4 teaspoon of charcoal actually absorb? That's why I used a 1/2 cup. It has to be enough to be able to absorb what you want to take out. I'm purifying 8 grams of oil so I need more that a 1/4 teaspoon to do it.

S A -4 does remove the green the filter i use just keeps the charcoal from getting into the beaker , the pump makes it work faster, that is all the charcoal i need to make it a nice golden honey, i have a sample 2 oz of the sa-4 and that has will last me for a couple years i use a chunky charcoal and i lost the oil and got back clean ISO< the oil was locked into the charcoal,

S A -4 does remove the green the filter i use just keeps the charcoal from getting into the beaker , the pump makes it work faster, that is all the charcoal i need to make it a nice golden honey, i have a sample 2 oz of the sa-4 and that has will last me for a couple years i use a chunky charcoal and i lost the oil and got back clean ISO< the oil was locked into the charcoal,

I'm distilling now and that will take a few hours. I have a lighter green mixture of about 24 ounces. I think there's oil still in there. Time will tell.... This batch was made from OG Kush.

I hope it works, and not locks the oils into the charcoal you will know if you get back close to the 8 grams you started with, I do not know at all how that will work, we have used a few different charcoals and lost oil with some and others didnt work, the S A 4 works. the medicine is clean who knows it also may remove and chemicals from fertilizers people use,

I hope it works, and not locks the oils into the charcoal you will know if you get back close to the 8 grams you started with, I do not know at all how that will work, we have used a few different charcoals and lost oil with some and others didnt work, the S A 4 works. the medicine is clean who knows it also may remove and chemicals from fertilizers people use,

The oil was killer to start with. Very dark green but not harsh a bit when used with the essential vape. I wanted to see if there was any room for improvement. We will try out what is left late tonight. This oil already worked great in capsules too. I'm probably just wasting time and oil, but you have to explore to find new horizons.

Edited by Restorium2

You have to make sure you use the type of chunky charcoal that is for water, not the stuff for air. There's a difference. Just like you can't use the water stuff for air.

How much can a 1/4 teaspoon of charcoal actually absorb? That's why I used a 1/2 cup. It has to be enough to be able to absorb what you want to take out. I'm purifying 8 grams of oil so I need more that a 1/4 teaspoon to do it.

I washed the carbon in three portions of iso. Lost my first weight, so I don't know how much I got back. I think most of it, sans some green.

I used the charcoal to refine the oil that came from my ISO2. The quantity went from 8 grams down to 4 grams. All the oil I get from the ISO2 will harden when cooled because of the plant wax and sugar left in it. The charcoal refined oil doesn't harden. Two patients tried vaping the oil with the Essential attachment. The conclusion by one was that the refined oil is too strong to smoke. The other patient said it was the strongest they ever tried and then fell asleep.

Hmmm try to find the S A - 4 charcoal. i think you lost some of your oil into the charcoal, but your oil seems to be just a potent as before or better, thats good, I know the ISO 2 manual says to wash you cannabis before you use it in the machine, that removes the water solubles , but i think Rick Simpson says not to wash first, as i said before the sa 4 does a great job we did use others with not as good results,. I recommend all patients to use oil,your cannabis will go farther and you will have much better relief, and eating it is the best way, just find the dose that fits

Hmmm try to find the S A - 4 charcoal. i think you lost some of your oil into the charcoal, but your oil seems to be just a potent as before or better, thats good, I know the ISO 2 manual says to wash you cannabis before you use it in the machine, that removes the water solubles , but i think Rick Simpson says not to wash first, as i said before the sa 4 does a great job we did use others with not as good results,. I recommend all patients to use oil,your cannabis will go farther and you will have much better relief, and eating it is the best way, just find the dose that fits

I think I lost a little oil but mostly filtered out some plant material. It's just half as much volume and twice as strong, after filtering. Until I find a reason to make it more concentrated I will not be refining/filtering it again. The unrefined oil, right out of the machine, does everything my patients and I need it to do.

...The conclusion by one was that the refined oil is too strong to smoke. The other patient said it was the strongest they ever tried and then fell asleep.

I would like to be the judge of that. I personally haven't used any type of oil that was too strong for me to smoke. Even in Holland. I wonder how it would smoke in my Omicron... mmmmm. :goodjob:

I would like to be the judge of that. I personally haven't used any type of oil that was too strong for me to smoke. Even in Holland. I wonder how it would smoke in my Omicron... mmmmm. :goodjob:

The reason I(I'm the patient) said it was too strong to smoke was because I overdosed. Never knew that was possible with cannabis until I tried oil. I overdose easily on pain killer pills too. That's why I always try anything new on myself first before any other patients get it. I didn't puke but it was close. Still groggy the next day and my cannabis tolerance is very high.

eat the oil,

Yeah. I would just have to make the dosage smaller with the refined/filtered oil. We use gelcaps. What would be the point in making it stronger so you would put half as much in a gelcap? It seems like a waste of time. And since the little tiny bit of extra plant material with the unfiltered, half the size of a piece of rice, doesn't hurt a human being, we don't mind eating our vegies.

The reason I(I'm the patient) said it was too strong to smoke was because I overdosed. Never knew that was possible with cannabis until I tried oil. I overdose easily on pain killer pills too. That's why I always try anything new on myself first before any other patients get it. I didn't puke but it was close. Still groggy the next day and my cannabis tolerance is very high.

I am envious of oil that is so strong that you must be careful with dosage. Good job on the quality of your bud, and the quality of your oil. I hope I have that situation with my own bud and oil, someday. :bow:

I used the charcoal to refine the oil that came from my ISO2. The quantity went from 8 grams down to 4 grams. All the oil I get from the ISO2 will harden when cooled because of the plant wax and sugar left in it. The charcoal refined oil doesn't harden. Two patients tried vaping the oil with the Essential attachment. The conclusion by one was that the refined oil is too strong to smoke. The other patient said it was the strongest they ever tried and then fell asleep.

Exactly the same thing I saw. Hard waxes pulled off and much easier on the lungs. Instant pain relief, according to Captain Kirk. I just returned from taking him to the doctors because we couldn't shake the pain for him. One single hit on an oil pipe .. bingo.

BTW .. it's nice to have a centrifuge. :)

Edit .. I have no idea about the yield on mine. Parts of the patch went out before I got weights.

Edited by peanutbutter