Simpson Oil Vs Bho

• 2 weeks later...

Something like this?

gallery_87_112_1246.jpg

The last batch of oil I made came out about the same color as your picture without using any charcoal filter.

In your picture, is it also unfiltered, meaning with out a charcoal filter? The only reason my last batch came out this dark is because I did not want to waste about 2 grams of RSO, maybe only one.

After draining the solvent from the 1 quart jars, I would seal the jar and turn upside down to allow any additional solvent to drain from the bud material. After about 30 to 60 minutes, it has concentrated chlorophyll in it, so that is where most of my darkness comes from in the finished oil. Next time I will not do that and see how much more golden or clear it comes out. I have definitely noticed that the strain that is used has a great impact on how much chlorophyll becomes extracted. At least when it comes to using the quick frozen method.

My last batch of oil, the potency can not be measured with the human eye. A dose the size of 1/2 to one full grain of uncooked rice is plenty. Most people cannot even handle it three times a day taking only 1/2 grain of rice size dose.

I am hoping to have it fully mastered within the next year. Maybe then I can get all of my techniques, results, and strains used posted.

My last batch that looked like your picture, in my Eclipse Vape, tasted like super ganja, chlorophyll was not an issue. At least to my knowledge.

There is a big difference between long soaking the bud and quick frozen wash. I really do not know which would be better for medicinal purposes. I must say, I prefer the quick frozen wash method. It has much more comfortable effects. I believe it would be much easier for patients to get accustomed to it and build up a tolerance. The darker oil that I had made previously, seriously effected my equilibrium and gave very high anxiety, and tasted very nasty.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I was wanting to know if you could send me info on the machine you were referring to. I am a pain management patient in Fl and have been for almost 10 years due to several conditions left from major accidents including hitting a telephone pole at 85 mph on a bike. I am loosing my arms and legs at a very fast rate. The pain meds are not working for me. I live 95% of the time in bed to try to min the pain but still often can't control it. I used to smoke 24-7 but have not been able to due to dr testing me to get my meds. I am about to give up on the meds. Unfortunately Fl mmj will not pass again this year. It looks as though it will nov of 2014 but I just can't wait any longer. I have made bubble bag hash before after getting bags at the CC at the Dam in 03 but know nothing about the bho and oil processes. I have a friend that grows some tri Kush that is the best I have ever seen even in the Dam. I am hoping to get some trim from him if I can get some good info. I have been unable to work for almost 6 years and can't get benifits because my wife is a nurse and they say she makes to much for me to qualify so if you could help with the cheaper of routes the better.

Thanks a bunch for any help that you could give!!

Hi, I was wanting to know if you could send me info on the machine you were referring to. I am a pain management patient in Fl and have been for almost 10 years due to several conditions left from major accidents including hitting a telephone pole at 85 mph on a bike. I am loosing my arms and legs at a very fast rate. The pain meds are not working for me. I live 95% of the time in bed to try to min the pain but still often can't control it. I used to smoke 24-7 but have not been able to due to dr testing me to get my meds. I am about to give up on the meds. Unfortunately Fl mmj will not pass again this year. It looks as though it will nov of 2014 but I just can't wait any longer. I have made bubble bag hash before after getting bags at the CC at the Dam in 03 but know nothing about the bho and oil processes. I have a friend that grows some tri Kush that is the best I have ever seen even in the Dam. I am hoping to get some trim from him if I can get some good info. I have been unable to work for almost 6 years and can't get benifits because my wife is a nurse and they say she makes to much for me to qualify so if you could help with the cheaper of routes the better.

Thanks a bunch for any help that you could give!!

I use originals. They are making a repro now;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-FLOWER-TOWER-The-Thai-Power-iso2-reproduction-essential-oil-extractor-/181093637611?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2a059deb

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful making it .i witnessed my friend blow himself up .at hospital as we speak.hes alive but severly burned.he was making it in his basement.on top of his washer..his gas dryer was on and it Ignited and the can exploded.causeing 3rd degree burns on hands rms n face ..holy hell it looks painful b careful.

Be careful making it .i witnessed my friend blow himself up .at hospital as we speak.hes alive but severly burned.he was making it in his basement.on top of his washer..his gas dryer was on and it Ignited and the can exploded.causeing 3rd degree burns on hands rms n face ..holy hell it looks painful b careful.

Seriously? I hope your friend is ok but did anyone do any research before attempting to do this? You can't extract with anything besides water inside as a precaution. Next to a RUNNING gas dryer is honestly one of the dumbest ideas I've heard in a LONG time but anywhere inside is asking for it to explode. You have got to be more careful, he's lucky his house didn't burn down on top of his injuries. 

What solvent? I believe this would have been a butane purge.

The person thought there was no more butane left and brought it into the house.

Nearly every one of these stories are about butane.

Just a reminder be careful making bho. I just witnessed my friend low im self up and almost burned his house down..im t the hospital as we speak..he was making bho in his basement.on top of his washing machine.his gas dryer was running at the time and it ignited the fumes and the can exploded.causing 3rd degree burns on his hands and face..almost burnt his house down..he definately isnt the smartest guy..i woulda done it outside away from a open flame..he has made bho a lot with no probs til now..so. careful

No police were involved .we were able to put he fire out..it as in roseville...not ure what kind of butaine he was using .but i know there was over 7 cans in a glass cookie dish that ignited..not the smartest guy i agree.glad hes alive tho

I agree ..im just glad i was in the other room trimming when it happened..ive seen him do it numerous times n i usually help..but this is he first time he did it n the laundry room..he definately learned from his mistakes..n so have i. Just wanna get this out there so it dosnt happen to anyone else..n he did alot of research on making it..just didnt use common sense with saftey.poor guy.

The way he makes it ...he takes a monster can with a screw on lid drills one hole in lid n a bunch of small holes in the bottom of the can .puts coffee filter on bottom of can.packs can full of trim..he then inserts butaine can in hole in the lid and runs through about 4-5 cans of butaine. And collects liquid in. Glass baking pan.to evaporate..he was doing this on top of his washing machine..he was working on second can of trim when it ignited...so he prob had bout 6 cans of butaine in the glass baking pan when t ignited....it was pretty scary..please use common sense .

OK .. remember the old rule?

One cup of gasoline = 15 sticks of dynamite

Butane is closely related .. 6 cans are how many cups? Say six cups.

so .. six cups times 15 .. your friend is trying to set off 60 sticks of dynamite.

The nonsense about gasoline and dynamite

A lot of times,it is the rate at which the energy is transferred or released that is more important than the amount of energy. There is an often repeated statement that a cup of gasoline is the same as 16 sticks of dynamite. Are they talking about the energy or the power (rate of release)? First off,energy probably isn't an appropriate comparison. After all,the energy in that cup of gas (around 8MJ) is the same as the energy in about a pound and a quarter of wood,which clearly isn't really comparable. Anyway,on an energy basis,the cup is more like 4 pounds worth of high explosive(8 MJ for the cup of gas,2 MJ for the pound of HE).

More significant though,is that the explosive releases all of the energy in around 4 microseconds: a rate of 2000 GigaWatts. The gas-air mixture takes 2 or 3 milliseconds to explode (the combustion wave is limited to the speed of sound),for a power of around 3 GW. And of course,the wood takes several minutes to burn,for a power of around 30 kW.

For an interesting exercise compare this to a small nuclear explosion of 20 kilotons (= 80 Tera Joules = 8E13 Joules),where virtually all the energy release takes place in about a microsecond for a power of almost 10 to the 19 watts. 80 TJ is a bunch of energy (about what a 1000 MW power plant puts out in a day),but it is the phenomenally high rate that makes nuclear explosives really different.

Calculation background:

Gasoline has an combustion energy of about 47.4 MJ/kg,so a simple calculation will show that the cup (170g) will release about 8MJ when burned. When vaporized and mixed with air at the optimum ratio (stoichiometric), the mixture will occupy about 2100 liters,or a sphere some 0.80 m in radius. Assuming the mixture is ignited at the center of the sphere,it will take about 2.5 milliseconds for the flame front to propagate to the outer edge. This makes the assumptions that the flame front moves at the speed of sound (probably reasonable), and that the sphere of mixture doesn't expand appreciably due to the heating in the middle (probably very optimistic). So,8 MJ in .0025 seconds is 3200 MW,or 3.2 GW

The detonation wave in most high explosives moves at around 4500 m/sec,substantially above the speed of sound (which is what makes it a detonation,and not just burning fast). That 4 pounds of explosive would be a cylinder about 5 cm in diameter and 20 cm long. At 4500 m/sec,it takes about 4 microseconds for the detonation wave to move through the entire amount. 8 MJ in 4 microseconds is 2000 G

Welcome back btw

thanks

a liquid hydrocarbon/air mix takes place within the internal combustion motor. It has been discovered that the detonation takes place best within the optimal condition of the fuel/air mix being contained and under pressure.

This "cylinder" is the entire basement. As the wave of detonation propagates, it pressurizes the fuel/air mix in front of it.

With the right mix, that amount of butane should be able to completely level the house .. and more.

Absent from this discussion is the behavior of butane gas in ambient air vs. other compounds.  Butane is heavier than air.  So even if you do your extraction outdoors, if the conditions are right, there can be a "pooling" of butane ..... maybe in a basement window well, etc.....waiting for a detonation source.  Understanding the nature of butane is even more important for those using it indoors (never a good idea).  You might have your basement window open, but it you are performing your extraction at 4' off the floor, then the open window doesn't do a lot of good because the butane will settle towards the floor.  This also happens to be the approximate elevation of most water heater and furnace pilot lights and the ignition or pilot in a gas dryer.  One could very well be standing up in a basement and have minimal concentrations of vapors at mouth/nose elevation that are perfectly safe yet still have explosive levels of vapors swirling around one's feet.

There is a reason why almost any product you buy comes with a warning that federal law prohibits use of the product in a manner inconsistent with its label.  If you choose to ignore such warnings, then you had better be qualified beyond assuming you're clever enough.