Males

nvinson105

Medcnman knows what he is talking about, but I really like Jorge's book. Most consider it the gold standard. I have read cover to cover, "Marijuana Grower's Guide" by Mel Frank, "Marijuana Grower's Handbook" by Ed R., and Jorges "Marijuana Horticulture the indoor/outdoor Medical grower's Bible". Jorge's was my favorite, followed my Mel Franks book, then Eds. Eds was a great overview and a quick read, but not as detailed and thorough as the other two. Mel's book had the most detail, but left out medical type gardens.

i got White widow and Dutch passion from good seed company,,,,Sofare all are male ..Big spirs low Humidty 77F day time 65 at night....even the Dutch have spirs and there FEM seeds.....any thoughts or just plain bad luck 6 WW 3 DP...Thanks

:growl:

Look on pg 20 of Jorges book, he tells you how to influence the sex of your seeds. That page alone was worth the price of the book imo.

Also, fem seeds can not be male, unless they are not fem seeds. If they are all regular seeds, 8 out of 1000 times will 9 seeds germinated at once be all one sex.

I had a male in a pack of 6 fem pre 98 bubba kush seeds from cali connection. Not a hermie, but a full blown male.

Of course it can happen and if you believe you can only get female plants out of FEM'D seeds then I have a bridge to sell ya lol... Mostly you'll get hermies from those FEM'D seeds as they stress the girls to make them which screws the genitics of the plant making them unstable. Be careful late in bloom as ya may wind up with a lot more seeds then ya want,lmao........ :rolleyes:

I had a male in a pack of 6 fem pre 98 bubba kush seeds from cali connection. Not a hermie, but a full blown male.

Yeah, it can happen. Properly made fem seeds can not be male, but it is possible to get a regular seed in a pack of fem seeds. If a breeder is sloppy and brings some male pollen into their breeding room you will get male plants. Most breeders today use sealed rooms, but they can still bring it in on their bodies or when they open the door. It is pretty rare with a good breeder. My bet is it did not happen to all 3 fem seeds and he is just misreading the sex of the plants.

try to find a drawing of male and fem mj sex. Often a drawing will provide greater clarity. Look at your plants everyday. That way if you find a male plant (with developed male structures you can whisk it away before the pollen sacks open.

You can cover it with a tied garbage bag if you are worried about stray pollen.

Actually look 2x a day. Most advice above seems good.

Fem seeds are likely mostly sloppy. i suspect most breeders do not want to bother with the time and effort to find the female plant least likely to go hermie and then use that one.I have read about doing that although i have never done it.

Get good at rooting cuts it will save you this hassle. Best of luck

I also had a male in a pack of fem seeds from attitude. I didn't think that could happen till I saw it.

can't blame Attitude they're not a seed company they are a clearing house for seed companies. and any female plant can hermie in the wrong hands. but if there is a high ratio of hermies it could very well be the genes. and watch those videos from the breeders. some will show how not to breed. like Soma polinating seed crop outdoors when he has several varieties on the property(must be no wind or bugs).or greenhouse seed showing their greenhouses open in the breeze.

Would like to hear more about this.

Fem seeds are a darn shame, and should never be used. If you really want more females, here is an article dutch passion released a few years before they began feminizing seeds, then quickly removed it after they started.

http://www.1stmarijuanagrowerspage.com/how-to-improve-female-male-ratio-of-cannabis-plant.html

can't blame Attitude they're not a seed company they are a clearing house for seed companies. and any female plant can hermie in the wrong hands. but if there is a high ratio of hermies it could very well be the genes. and watch those videos from the breeders. some will show how not to breed. like Soma polinating seed crop outdoors when he has several varieties on the property(must be no wind or bugs).or greenhouse seed showing their greenhouses open in the breeze.

I certainly don't blame Attitude. But from the litter of bad experiences on the web with Tangerine Dream. That strain should have never been released from the breeder. I chalk it up as a learning experience. I just wish I had more room to mess around with males when they do pop up. Also, when I received the last batch of clones which were bunny muffin. It really made me think why beans are so much better.

Archived