Is This The End? Caregivers Giving Up Inmass

LongHairBri

I know alot of people here. I'm active in this community (prob too much!!).

anyway, quite a few caregivers I know are seeing the changes to the law as the last straw and are going underground. is that the intent of Lansing? make EVERYONE illegal for even the slightest infraction?

I can see their point. no more freebies means everything is income. I hear the street prices are quite a bit higher too.

I told my friends that the intent in Lansing is to make criminals out of EVERYONE in the program. they WILL find a loophole to charge you with. run your plate to see enrollment then lie and say driving erratically, find a roach in the passenger compartment, or what if your patient suddenly dies (heart attack, drive by shooting, who knows?) and the card in their wallet leads them to your house to inspect? your instantly NOT in compliance and going to jail. how is this any different than not having a card?? their systematically making criminals out of every person that uses MMJ. driving, possessing, transporting....forget growing. no state charges? call the feds!

these are scary times. caregivers AND patients are under attack. actually, thats wrong, the battle seems to have been lost. were as good as screwed. ( I used self restraint there, as an admin I could have used the words that REALLY came to mind) this is a turning point. Lansing is about to unleash the growers that were here before, mixed with the newbies who took the lessons to heart and unleash them onto the black market. was that their intent?? make criminals out of law abiding citizens and you get anarchy!

I'm even willing to admit that I MAY have grown MMJ before there was a law. geeee, what simple times that was. get pinched driving? jail. so you hid it in the trunk..... get pulled over? deny everything and NEVER admit to smoking. seems now those are the same but NOW they can verify "during the course of their duty" that you are a patient or caregiver, then make up the rest from there. I got long hair, I've been profiled more times than I'd like to count. It's already hard enough, they need to run my plate too??

me?, I'll stay in the program as long as I can. move my address to another location and my garden to another. trim off the patients (who truly have a qualifying condition) but don't LOOK sick, offer nothing for free, help no others (free or fee) and hope I can pay my electric bill. what else is there?

the alternative? keep patient card, change plant count, sell overages to anyone with no compassion. keep profits for lawyer

not me. I've worked too hard, got too much invested and helped too many to quit now.

by the way, do mod's get free legal rep?

I really want to puke but hate the taste of vomit.

we SERIOUSLY need a "champion for the people" to set this right. I just don't see that hero and it sucks.

I've seen cannabis cure cancer, extend life for the terminally ill, make life livable again for a (prescribed) pill fiend, let people find 8 full hours sleep when their best average was 4. this medicine is doing great thing for the sick in our state. I see it every day....for real.

now it ends unless you got the cash??? sickening

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all part of the 'shock doctrine'.

Destroy the exisisting 'grass roots' caregiver-patient system by increasing community fear to the the point of massive community disengagment and divestiture to drive out any non-business stakeholders who don't have the resources or stamina to make it through until the dawining of the Provisioning Age.

The negative impact to the current MMJ community is negligable compared to the market share to be won by vested interested in Michigan's Medical Marijuana Industry.

The Business folks know that while the MMJ community may go underserviced (suffering/death) in the near term, that there are plenty more desperate cancer patients (Babyboomers) diagnosed everyday to provide the market share needed to support the Provisioning System that should be solidly established in the next 9-12 months.

In this case a short term lose promises to yield total market domination in the long term.

Yes, Michiganders will suffer and die during the lose of stable access to MMJ services during the transition to the Provisioning System, just try not to be one of them.

Tis a sad day indeed, when we voiced our opinions in regards to the bills that just passed the house to no avail.

Perhaps we did not raise our voices higher than the sound of coin hitting state coffers.

I did not post an article I had read regarding a short fall in Michigan's prison funding few days ago.

I had so hoped that we as a state had matured to the point that we could move forward in a new direction to aid the sick and dying.

Sadly it is turning into a for profit situation. I became a caregiver with the thought of helping myself and others that suffer from degenerative bone diseases.

My hope was to at least cover the costs of my grow. My first crop grew beautifully but I failed at curing, total loss for me. Did I loose confidence??

Nope! I buckled down and ask a thousand questions at the farmer's market and read everything I could get my hands on.

Only to have my hopes and aspirations dashed by the passage of those bills.

Atm I am in a holding pattern, nothing growing and the bare minimum amt of meds on hand.

I agree we need a hero, someone in government with balls of steel that will stand up for the people!

We need more rep's like Jeff Erwin, he speaks his mind and I admire that. He has my vote that's for sure.

another sore point with me.... the federal scheduling of MJ to 1.

another lie to the world. where to start.... heroin is sch.1 chemical name hydromorphone. pharmilogically no effect till it hits your liver and turns to morphine, heroin too "dirty" to use as medicine??? hell no. just play with the molicule, add a "di" to the begining and HELLO!! DIHYDROMORPHONE, or dilladid to the rest of us. sch 2 along with morphine. and I've said it before. herion turns into morphine in the liver and provides the high. no liver, no heroin buzz

cocaine?? not sch 1. used as anistetic in eye surgery.

also, don't forget..if your THC comes from Marinol your only sch 3. admit to smoke/vape or no script? sch 1

don't even get me started on the other pharms

Since we stay informed and know the horror stories it makes sense we are leery and frightened of what might happen. I had to think about this a lot and had I not sent in my renewal card before the bills passed through I probably would not have, in the heat of the moment, now I'm glad I did. I thought about the real issues and benefits of using legally or illegally. It scares me worse to grow and use without a card, especially since we are already in their database, then to do so with a card. I've been fighting that fear for months now as I am sure most have. Fear can lead to bad decisions.

If your going to continue to use it is a hell of a lot safer, IMO, to follow the "rules" since the law seems to be out to get us in anyway they can. Has that part really changed? Right now would be a shame to let the people who most of us have become friends with, the patients, strung out in left field without a caregiver. I think most of us are compassionate caregivers. To quit and have them searching for new caregivers right now might put them in harms way. If the good caregivers leave the program then it leaves more room for the "users" to rule. This might weed out enough of the bad caregivers who are not following the law and are using the patients who are in real need. We need to stick this out for everyone's sake and help each other stay safe the best way we can.

We have a responsibility to keep the patients informed of what is changing and to be extremely cautious right now. It is also our responsibility to make them aware of the fact that if they use illegally their changes of something bad happening is greater though then if they use legally and to make sure they don't make decisions mainly based on fear. If we quit then LEO, the politicians, and naysayers win and we are Not Losers.

the thing is medcnman....

i can't...or more accurately won't quit.

the fear mongering the state spews is nothing new...

all states have downfalls...

i would rather be broke, busted and beat down then go live in the swamp with those massive spiders......and killer bees.....

lol

never gets cold so they don't die....no thank you...i'll stay up north where winter still controls the insect populations to a size i can handle LOL

seriously tho good luck and i wish you and the misses all the best.

Good luck Medcnman,

My brother lives in south Florida. Nice place.

Hot as Hades though.

Lhb, my card is up in August.

I do not think I will be joining Mibrains in renewing.

My last harvest has been jarred, grow room dismantled.

The End.

Going to give Ohio a shot. Not much work here anyway.

Funny, I haven't met anyone that feels the new laws are causing them to quit. Most of the CGs I know were operating under the assumption that some of the things made unlawful in the bills were going to be found unlawful and they took appropriate measures to cover their butts already.

I don't know anyone that thinks they should go back underground. That seems like an overreaction to me.

Zap,

I know of 10 long time patients.

Only 1 out of 10 expressed a desire to renew.

My buddy has been in the program as long as it has been available.

Even he is not renewing.

We will see the same results here as they did in Montana.

Say no to Industrial Cannabis.

Celliach,

What did they do STOP DRIVING?

I see no way to cover your donkey. Especially on That!

Card equals blood test for MMJ, good luck with that.

My representative said that they are not concerned with establishing impairment levels.

Good luck with your DUID.

No card No Target.

My 2¢ anyway.

Am I wrong? Quite possibly.

However I trust my gut, and my gut is telling me to get while the getting is good.

Zap,

While I would agree with most of what you said.

The police have Carte Blanche to take you to the hospital for a blood test if they find out about your card.

I believe in risk management. Not a risk I want.

It will be pinned to the Lein system. Just wait.

I will not let that happen to me. Nope not going to do it.

The COA ruling ( Koon case ) Will Be Exploited by Police.

No Thanks.

Hey listen,

I have taken almost all the pain killers available.

I know pain, live with it everyday.

I take nothing now, thanks to Mmj.

The pills might kill me, but they will not imprison me.

Maybe you should have my screenname changed to back on the pharma express.

Zap,

While I would agree with most of what you said.

The police have Carte Blanche to take you to the hospital for a blood test if they find out about your card.

I believe in risk management. Not a risk I want.

It will be pinned to the Lein system. Just wait.

I will not let that happen to me. Nope not going to do it.

The COA ruling ( Koon case ) Will Be Exploited by Police.

No Thanks.

Well, I'm sympathetic with your concerns, but is it really time to pick up stakes and .......

'Cause don't you know.......

s

So please stay with us in Michigan, you only have to choose if you'll wear a Star or a Swastika on your "uniform".

Not debating if they can argue impairment.

Do not need to.

However I Believe if they find out about your patient status??

It is a slam dunk. Hello nurse Crachet which arm would like to draw.my blood from?

Not for me, no thanks.

It is not the bills I worry about except hb4834.

The Koon decision is what peeves me.

Good luck Medcnman,

My brother lives in south Florida. Nice place.

Going to give Ohio a shot. Not much work here anyway.

What is so great about Florida mmj Law? Blueberry was guerilla growing for years in FL before moving to MI in 2008. Has FL law improved since 08 to the point that today bb would stay in FL?

I've read the text of the Ohio Nov referendum. AOK, it seems. More specific than ours.

I'm under a rock, I guess--what is the Provisioning System in MI?

Edited by pic book

I see both sides, but I do see a lot of people that still want to be legal, yet it is sooooo Dangerous!! I dont agree with hiding and dont think it should go back underground! Which soooo many have alreaddy done.. People up here are sick, people everywhere, and Cannabis has cured and is helping thousands!!! We need to get it off schedual one, as a Leader, I give facts and let people make their own choices, but this is sooo serious that I cant being scared being in the lime light anymore! :( But I will continue to educate and help people learn and get legal, until I cant! or they stop me, momentarily....ugg the frustation!

This country is not DemOcracy, we Dont have a voice, because they dont listen anyways, Michigan is at a complete Dictatorship, and nothin we do or vote will change that because we let them do it for tooo long and now we are so confined by all these laws that you cant even say God Bless You without getting Sued~!

So God Bless and Peace to all and I pray that Cannabis will prove to cure cancer, with all the radiation coming our way, Im not giving it up!

Thank you Bethany.

I am glad that there are people who are willing to risk losing it, for the benefit of others.

so I say.

May the Most High Bless You and Keep You Safe.

Warmest regards.

May you not ever need comforting. Jah bless.

I am not arguing with what you are saying here, I just don't think it will effect the program as much as you guys think it will. I can understand if the risks are too high for any one person, everyone has their own risk level. But I look at it this way: if the law had been written this way from day one, would the program have flopped completely?

Also, if they profile you, which is what we are worried about, why wouldn't they do that and take blood without a card? Any presence charges work without a card, too, and don't need an appeals court ruling to do it.

If I used two days ago my appearance/actions may not warrant a profiling but a card most certainly would