Anyone Else Ever Have To Deal W/ This?

trix

Yoga is a great idea, even the simple moves. I would recommend deep stretch yoga Trix. Many gyms offer yoga classes too, yoga would be a good start to get you limbered up and your muscles re-awakened with the least amount of injury risk.

For me, I was 36 when I decided it was time to get in shape. It has been almost 3 years since I joined the gym and started working out. The first year I screwed off alot and just meandered from one exercise to the next without any real direction. But I did start to see results. After a year or so I had made a few friends and we generally worked out together and bounced a lot of ideas and different lifts/programs around. You really want to avoid going heavy until you build up some strength. Three years later I didn't end up losing any weight, I gained around 30 pounds lol. But I look pretty good man and feel pretty good too. Back pain is always with me but I can generally tolerate it, some days are real good, some not so much. One thing though that I do not have is all of the old mystery pains I was getting prior to getting in better condition.

Supplements: I have tried many. Some of them seemed to work but it is hard to tell sometimes because when you are taking them you know it and are liable to push harder wanting to see results. To help with the re-awakening pain (I like to cal it that) I would recommend a product called Blox. It is a pre-workout silk, branch chain amino acid. It really helps keep the pain to a minimum. Protein, Protein,protein! Good old milk has 9 grams per cup and it is way cheaper than protein shakes. Tuna, straight out of the can, Chicken breast, lean meat, eggs, all great sources of protein.

Diet: As I touched on above it is crucial and also the single most difficult part of the equation. The healthier you eat the easier this will all be, but alas, temptation is everywhere. Frankly, it is also WAY more expensive to eat healthy, which is a true sin our country has perpetrated on us all. Fast food and junk food is everywhere , cheap and convenient. Healthy food is expensive and a PITA.. If you are serious tho it is worth it.

As you progress you will find soem great sites on the web and some awesome ideas on youtube. We recently started doing heavy bag twice a week to get some cardio in that is actually fun. Very intense!

Check out this site, they have really awesome exercises that you can tailor to your specific needs.

http://www.instructionalfitness.com/workouts.php

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoga is a great idea, even the simple moves. I would recommend deep stretch yoga Trix. Many gyms offer yoga classes too, yoga would be a good start to get you limbered up and your muscles re-awakened with the least amount of injury risk.

For me, I was 36 when I decided it was time to get in shape. It has been almost 3 years since I joined the gym and started working out. The first year I screwed off alot and just meandered from one exercise to the next without any real direction. But I did start to see results. After a year or so I had made a few friends and we generally worked out together and bounced a lot of ideas and different lifts/programs around. You really want to avoid going heavy until you build up some strength. Three years later I didn't end up losing any weight, I gained around 30 pounds lol. But I look pretty good man and feel pretty good too. Back pain is always with me but I can generally tolerate it, some days are real good, some not so much. One thing though that I do not have is all of the old mystery pains I was getting prior to getting in better condition.

Supplements: I have tried many. Some of them seemed to work but it is hard to tell sometimes because when you are taking them you know it and are liable to push harder wanting to see results. To help with the re-awakening pain (I like to cal it that) I would recommend a product called Blox. It is a pre-workout silk, branch chain amino acid. It really helps keep the pain to a minimum. Protein, Protein,protein! Good old milk has 9 grams per cup and it is way cheaper than protein shakes. Tuna, straight out of the can, Chicken breast, lean meat, eggs, all great sources of protein.

Diet: As I touched on above it is crucial and also the single most difficult part of the equation. The healthier you eat the easier this will all be, but alas, temptation is everywhere. Frankly, it is also WAY more expensive to eat healthy, which is a true sin our country has perpetrated on us all. Fast food and junk food is everywhere , cheap and convenient. Healthy food is expensive and a PITA.. If you are serious tho it is worth it.

As you progress you will find soem great sites on the web and some awesome ideas on youtube. We recently started doing heavy bag twice a week to get some cardio in that is actually fun. Very intense!

Check out this site, they have really awesome exercises that you can tailor to your specific needs.

http://www.instructi...om/workouts.php

Awesome reply.. Sounds like you know what your doing, and The part that you said it that was the root of my problem "One thing though that I do not have is all of the old mystery pains I was getting prior to getting in better condition.

Than my freind is my question, I don't understand if its pain from pain, or pain and sore? I was hoping it was just over sore cause they are weak really weak.. It is nice to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel pain wise...

Awesome, I may shoot you a PM about something..Thank you to all that replied, and took time to share your concerns and your own personal stories.. Man this thread right here to me is one of the best for myself that I have participated in Just think how many people have the same question though.. you guys helped alot more people than just me throughout this Thanks x100 ... good vibe, good video's, good info.. Thank you all for that!

Trix

:bong2:

No problemo Trix. It is besides my wife and kids one of the best decisions of my life (committing to getting in shape) and staying there. I read in an article once you should invest in your health just as seriously as you would your finances.

I should clarify the mystery pains were prior to joining the gym. My knee would hurt one day, my ankle a few days later, shoulder, ribs, neck, etc. No rhyme or reason, just there. Now lifting weights, whenever you do something new or a little too hard you will be sore the next or three. That is where that Blox really helps. Legs, will bring you the most pain, but if you can make it thru one leg day a week after two or three weeks you won't hurt much anymore. The key with legs is , legs workouts release the most free testosterone into your blood. In effect it will help you build everything else.

Shoot for a minimum 1g of protein per pound of body weight Trix. If you are lean enough that you want to start bulking up and adding muscle increase to 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per lb of body weight.

Wear a weight belt!

Edited by SFC

Start stretching very slow at first. See if you can get into a tai chi class. It's really good non-stressful stretching. I did kung fu for many years until I broke my back. I stopped going to tournaments after that and eventually gave most of it up. I still do some tai chi and pa qua, mostly pa qua. It was the form I most enjoyed. It's very similar to tai chi except it's based on a horizontal circle instead of a vertical one like tai chi. Yoga is great too. Just start slow, as slow as you need to, and with time you'll find you're able to do a little more with a little less pain. Then it's all downhill......well kinda.

• 3 months later...