Arthritis And Scoliosis

CrystalZ2014

Do you have severe and chronic pain of Arthritis or Scoliosis?  I do. I have both.. This is a very serious and debilitating conditions, after 2 car accidents and 7 years into the conditions, I am too weak for surgery, and not only that the pain pills are not really much help. I am learning to deal with my conditions as best as possible, being new to MMMA is Enlightening ..  and a bit scary, because you don't know your way around just yet.. and also, worrisome that you many not find that one special caregiver that has the best possible stand for pain relief and of course that wouldn't charge you an arm and a leg or even a leg for that matter..  Can anyone relate??  or have any helpful solutions????

Topicals and edibles provide the best relief from pain for me. Topicals made from the roots help me a great deal for arthritis pain. The alcohol extraction takes the pain away for me almost immediately.

These links will tell you about root preparations.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/44723-cannabis-root-salve/#entry471591

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/45216-i-have-bad-knees/

You can also follow these same directions using cannabis leaves and flowers instead of the roots. They can also be used topically.

Edibles work great too but have the disadvantage of taking longer to feel the effects.Although it lasts longer.  It usually takes a couple of tries to get the dosage right.

Try 1/2 gram to start and work your way up from there if needed. It's better to ere on the side of caution, if you eat too much you'll end up dozin' and droolin'.

If you are able to do so you might want to check into growing your own.

It's usually best to double check any information you get on the internet, this site is pretty good but there is a lot of misinformation out there.

Extracts in capsules have eliminated my sciatic nerve problems, great side effect of treating my stomach problems.

I was thinking 1/4 gr equivalent extract or strait 1/4gr of decarbed flowers if your stomach can handle it, to start, depending on quality of the strain.  I'm a heavy smoker and worked my way up to 1/2gr to 3/4 gr equivalent of my meds made into cannacoconut oil capsules.

Edited by Norby

Hey GregS,google Collodial Silver for that leg infection.Its the most effective way to heal without infection setting in and you can use it Regardless of Any medications your taking.Very Safe and effective with NO SIDE EFFECTS!!!

Isn't that the stuff that turns your skin all silver if you use too much?  :lol:  

No proper cg will charge you anymore than you can afford for your meds. You may have to interview for compatibility, and people do lie, so keep your guards up. I'd send you home with no less than a dozen strains for you to sample if we decided I coulld help you.and none would cost you a penny. Our second meeting you'd provide me with a detailed likes and dislikes of each, written on paper, and after that, we'd be friends for as long as you'll have me.  We've possibly run into each other elsewhere, but you are welcome to private message me and we can interview. Not sure if we as people are compatible yet but I would guarantee a positive result with your meds.

Be careful and I hope you find relief soon

Do you have severe and chronic pain of Arthritis or Scoliosis?  I do. I have both.. This is a very serious and debilitating conditions, after 2 car accidents and 7 years into the conditions, I am too weak for surgery, and not only that the pain pills are not really much help. I am learning to deal with my conditions as best as possible, being new to MMMA is Enlightening ..  and a bit scary, because you don't know your way around just yet.. and also, worrisome that you many not find that one special caregiver that has the best possible stand for pain relief and of course that wouldn't charge you an arm and a leg or even a leg for that matter..  Can anyone relate??  or have any helpful solutions????

Hello Crystal and welcome to the 3MA site.

Congratulations on your decision to try a natural alternative to those nasty pills.

Being new to the program can be daunting.  Please be cautious but not paranoid :)

There are good and bad in this community just as with any group of people.

Use your best judgement or gut instincts in dealing with anyone, of course that runs

true in all aspects of life I suppose :)

I use a wonderful topical balm for my arthritis and it is an almost immediate relief that

lasts for hours.  I use a glycerine based tincture sublingually (under tongue) or in my

morning coffee/ tea that takes away my sciatica + arm/hand tingling within about

20 minutes.

Medibles are wonderful for most everything imo.  They do take longer to start

feeling effects but there is no 'head high' (for me anyway) and I find the relief

last longer.

I hope that you and grassmatch are a good match.

We may not always agree on some fine points but he has shown that he is truly

concerned about his patients and does what is necessary for them to gain the

most relief. I believe him to be a compassionate person w/ great experience

and knowledge of the plant. 

Best of luck to you

Please tell the truth and point out the fact that MJ does NOT relieve all the pain. It helps. Thats it. NOTHING relieves it. I have some relief from Rhizotomies,severing the nerves in the spine. But they do grow back.

I don't think it stops the pain as much as it takes your mind off of it. It's also helpful when the pain keeps you from sleeping.

Extractions from the roots however, applied topically stop arthritis and muscle pain almost immediately.

She wants to try and see if MMJ will help her symtoms. Not arguing with you,just has taken me many strains and different forms to help my own gastric disease. If you do some research you can see the differences between sativas and indicas helping certain symtoms,thats all. It's taken me 4 1/2 years to find the right combo for me,thats all I meant. And yes I do still take gastric RXs, wear an ostomy pouch and will never be re-attached. Still better than the pain and life crippling disease I have had my whole life. Some MMJ actually nauseated me. I found wearing a pouch is a better alternative than death was. But it is not a "cure it all".I still have major upper gastro problems. Just not that one anymore. I tried to prepare myself because surgery was my LAST choice. But even then I needed support from other ostomy patients. Now it is my turn to try and help others the way they helped me,grassmatch. I am only trying to help other IBD pts help themselves by sharing my own experience from IBS to the colectomy.  WB is correct,the anti-inflammation properties and anti nausea ones help a lot. J

She wants to try and see if MMJ will help her symtoms. Not arguing with you,just has taken me many strains and different forms to help my own gastric disease. If you do some research you can see the differences between sativas and indicas helping certain symtoms,thats all. It's taken me 4 1/2 years to find the right combo for me,thats all I meant. And yes I do still take gastric RXs, wear an ostomy pouch and will never be re-attached. Still better than the pain and life crippling disease I have had my whole life. Some MMJ actually nauseated me. I found wearing a pouch is a better alternative than death was. But it is not a "cure it all".I still have major upper gastro problems. Just not that one anymore. I tried to prepare myself because surgery was my LAST choice. But even then I needed support from other ostomy patients. Now it is my turn to try and help others the way they helped me,grassmatch. I am only trying to help other IBD pts help themselves by sharing my own experience from IBS to the colectomy.  WB is correct,the anti-inflammation properties and anti nausea ones help a lot. J

Damm.

I find that ortho pain is not entirely relieved, but that cannabis is an adjunct to my pain relief, just as is aspirin. Neuropathy, on the other hand, is quite nicely diminished. We all have to consider, and I think stand up to say, that the psychic relief is an aspect that is worthwhile for those who suffer gastric, ortho, or for that matter any hard to live with condition. Eliminating anxiety that any poor health brings is enough, in my considerable opinion, to warrant use.

Edited by GregS

And that is why I still take 20 mgs of Valium now. Not being able to relieve constant pain makes you crazy. I am proof of that. I finally got some phenobarbital,I don't really care about the side effects because one minute of no pain is worth a million bucks to me. After another hospital stay,almost exactly a year to the day,I STILL have the same infection,now even worse. Everyday I have to go get infused with antibiotics,experminatal ones. Maybe I just look at life different than you guys do. I am not going to torture myself until I am a 99 pound bag of useless meatsack. You just get tired.......I'm sure many of you know what I mean. I'm not 80,I am 60.But i still want things MY way. Can't take opiates? Then we will go for barbituates. Always liked Seconals and Quaaludes better than speedy stuff.                                                                                                                                                                                                        You sure are right about that Greg,pain isolates you like a prisoner....in your own body. I figured thats why you have this pain forum. Everybody gets to have a pity party once in a while,right?

And that is why I still take 20 mgs of Valium now. Not being able to relieve constant pain makes you crazy. I am proof of that. I finally got some phenobarbital,I don't really care about the side effects because one minute of no pain is worth a million bucks to me. After another hospital stay,almost exactly a year to the day,I STILL have the same infection,now even worse. Everyday I have to go get infused with antibiotics,experminatal ones. Maybe I just look at life different than you guys do. I am not going to torture myself until I am a 99 pound bag of useless meatsack. You just get tired.......I'm sure many of you know what I mean. I'm not 80,I am 60.But i still want things MY way. Can't take opiates? Then we will go for barbituates. Always liked Seconals and Quaaludes better than speedy stuff.                                                                                                                                                                                                        You sure are right about that Greg,pain isolates you like a prisoner....in your own body. I figured thats why you have this pain forum. Everybody gets to have a pity party once in a while,right?

Some of us party every day, but it isn't quite like it was during our misspent youth.

Wow. I had not considered that this infection might not be treatable. There has been no improvement through the week. I see my doctor tomorrow AM. It needs to get gone so I can try to put some time in on my treadmill and be more active and healthy.

Infectious Disease Dr. Don't know where you live,but every hospital has this dept. They just don't want YOU to see which ones have the highest infection rates. I was there for 4 days before they finally isolated me. In the meantime,i was in a room with a very sick old lady. Scary ain't it. Let me know if you need a name or get one from your PCP. They told me my right lung is mush. I am only doing this for 6 MONTHS. If i am not better by 3 months,I am outta there. Can't hurt to check............

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...