Danny Travino Backs Into A Police Car

from what I see on the video, he is either clearly impaired and/or attempting to avoid stopping for police. He makes right hand turns from the left lane. It appears the first time he 'stops' for the officer he's sitting in the middle of the road. He makes seemingly random turns onto side streets, parking lots and then back onto the same main street...

I don't know whether the impairment was a result of alcohol/drugs or disorientation from a previous accident, but the video seems pretty clear that whatever the case, he should not have been driving.

I do believe the proper procedure when you have an accident like that is to STOP and REPORT it to the police. Leaving the scene of an accident, especially resulting in that much damage, is called 'leaving the scene of an accident' and is against the law.

There are several reasons this may not have occurred in this case. He could have been confused- good time to call 911 and get an ambulance on the way. He could have been endangered by the other driver- don't see that he was being chased and he could have stopped and called 911. Or he simply could have felt uncomfortable involving the police because they might start asking questions. Don't know.

Either way, I cringe when I hear his name mentioned in conjunction with medical marijuana. He isn't someone that should be a poster child for the community. At least that is my opinion.

Dr. Bob

Either way, I cringe when I hear his name mentioned in conjunction with medical marijuana. He isn't someone that should be a poster child for the community. At least that is my opinion.

All of us who are involved in the use of medical marijuana in any way, shape or form should try to hold ourselves to a higher standard. With so many people trying to shut us down you know they will use any incident as an example of the damage done by the devil weed.

All of us who are involved in the use of medical marijuana in any way, shape or form should try to hold ourselves to a higher standard. With so many people trying to shut us down you know they will use any incident as an example of the damage done by the devil weed.

Well said.

Dr. Bob

I do believe the proper procedure when you have an accident like that is to STOP and REPORT it to the police. Leaving the scene of an accident, especially resulting in that much damage, is called 'leaving the scene of an accident' and is against the law.

There are several reasons this may not have occurred in this case. He could have been confused- good time to call 911 and get an ambulance on the way. He could have been endangered by the other driver- don't see that he was being chased and he could have stopped and called 911. Or he simply could have felt uncomfortable involving the police because they might start asking questions. Don't know.

Dr. Bob

Usually when you intentionally hit a cop car, its called assualt with intent

Add in fact he was messed up its called idiot.

My personal opinion.... stupid is stupid does.

Hey Doc, batters up.

Edited by MysteryMan

Usually when you intentionally hit a cop car, its called assualt with intent

Add in fact he was messed up its called idiot.

My personal opinion.... stupid is stupid does.

Hey Doc, batters up.

Lol.

Hopefully he wont be in a position to give the community yet another black eye soon. Justice is slow, but it moves forward. If he had a reason for what he was doing I am sure it will come out when he gets his day in court.

Unfortunately he is bringing his 'In your face sucka' show to my town, opening up right next to the court house. Got a new no nonsense prosecutor in Isabella, so this should be interesting. At least until April 1st.

Some folks just don't know when it is time to lay a little low and behave themselves.

Dr. Bob

Lol.

Hopefully he wont be in a position to give the community yet another black eye soon. Justice is slow, but it moves forward. If he had a reason for what he was doing I am sure it will come out when he gets his day in court.

Unfortunately he is bringing his 'In your face sucka' show to my town, opening up right next to the court house. Got a new no nonsense prosecutor in Isabella, so this should be interesting. At least until April 1st.

Some folks just don't know when it is time to lay a little low and behave themselves.

Dr. Bob

Well said.