Evidence From The Statute For Dispenaries: Patients Can Obtain Marijuana From A Secondary Caregiver

lawyercaregiver

Also, it doesn't automatically become legal for some storefront to pop up and become a marijuana supplier just because someone didn't choose to have a caregiver. If that were true then it would make every street dealer in Michigan automatically legal. Sounds good to us, but it sounds like a nightmare to law enforcement, Law enforcement has the ear of the legislature and they will get most of what they want as long as it fits in the framework of our law.

The Planning Board will hold a public hearing Tuesday where residents can voice their opinions on a proposed bylaw that would regulate where medical marijuana dispensaries could operate in town. The Planning Board began discussing a zoning bylaw ...

Milford Daily News - ‎21 hours ago‎

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Planning Board will hold a public hearing Tuesday where residents can voice their opinions on a proposed bylaw that would regulate where medical marijuana dispensaries could operate in town. The Planning Board began discussing a zoning bylaw ...

Milford Daily News - ‎21 hours ago‎

They can zone all day long, but that's just zoning for businesses that may someday be legal. In Milford, they want to limit them, while the cases are being made to totally shut them down. They want to manage WHERE the chit will hit the fan. Since you never know when it's going to hit, you just know it will. Kind of like cutting them off before you kill them. Like putting the ducks in the barrel. Detectives have to cover a much smaller area to watch them if you herd them into a corner.

They can zone all day long, but that's just zoning for businesses that may someday be legal. In Milford, they want to limit them, while the cases are being made to totally shut them down. They want to manage WHERE the chit will hit the fan. Since you never know when it's going to hit, you just know it will. Kind of like cutting them off before you kill them. Like putting the ducks in the barrel. Detectives have to cover a much smaller area to watch them if you herd them into a corner.

do you think that will happen?

The reason I ask is the lawyers and the city's all think their legal and you say their not is that right?

sorry has anyone went to court for running a place that gives it away medical marijuana for free and then charge for entering the building ?

That doesn't work. if you walk into a building with money, then walk out the building without money and in possession of cannabis that came from inside the building, you have "bought" that cannabis. It doesn't matter to the court what steps or how many were made before the cannabis made it into your pocket.

do you think that will happen?

The reason I ask is the lawyers and the city's all think their legal and you say their not is that right?

Nope, the lawyers and the city are making money. How did you come to the conclusion that they know what the dispensaries will be doing is legal when it's not? That's craziness. The dispensaries get to pretend what they are doing is legal, that's all. They get to pretend in a certain area of town, instead of all over the place. Have you been paying attention to Milford much?

That doesn't work. if you walk into a building with money, then walk out the building without money and in possession of cannabis that came from inside the building, you have "bought" that cannabis. It doesn't matter to the court what steps or how many were made before the cannabis made it into your pocket.

but most of them have pipes and other things for sell and it's for the reasons you wrote

i think mal is trying to say it isn't working that way for people now. I would agree but I know he is a great poster on here and he knows how to get his point across with out hurting people's feelings ?

I see Malamute stood up and talked about the elephant in the room regarding Redden's posts. It needed to be said for a long time. I think we all sympathize with his plight but practically every thread he posts in somehow he makes about himself. It boomerangs back to, "How would you feel after 4 years." Or something about speedy trials. Or quips and assertions that cards are worthless and so is section 8.

I have ignored it all this time, as have most. But his recent claims that the cards are worthless is kind of over the line. It could lead some to believe that they should forgo obtaining the card. I feel that is dangerous. I, for one, have first hand knowledge of cards working to get felony charges dismissed. I also have first hand knowledge of section 8 working. Oakland and Kent counties may be an exception but that doesn't mean you make blanket claims that cards don't work.

As for his case specifically, he could have asserted his right to a speedy trial and it would have been done by now. But the appeals, etc., have slowed it down. It isn't the work of some sinister behond-the-scenes conspiracy. It is the process.

Anyway, I'm sure Redden is a good guy but his postings have snowballed into this. I'm sure it's stress and anger. So be it. But maybe it's time he got it under control so it doesn't plant the seed of an idea for newbies that the cards are worthless.

I think it came out harsher than it needed to be. "The world left you behind" is not meant to be harsh but it is meant to be understanding. When you get busted and are in a situation like this , your world stops and you wander through limbo until it is resolved. Your life is stuck and unable to move on until resolution is achieved. I used that specific term(world left you behind) because i seen Bob use it not long ago when responding to a different post i had made. And it is true. Unfortunate, but true. Sad, but true. The world moves on as always, and fukn Bob is stuck in quicksand.

Bob is still stuck in 2009 because of what happened. In a way it is like PTSD as it was a traumatic experience from which he is unable to move on from yet. He lives it everyday and it increasingly envelops his soul and spirit and causes him to obsess about the event and what surrounds it.

I understand. I understand on a personal level.

But, you have to find outlets and escapes to break the cycle of obsession and it takes a friend to be able to let you know,... you are not the same. Your spinning. I understand, but you need to pick yourself up and prepare for when your life isn't stuck in limbo.

Anyhow.

It is what it is, and i do care Bob.

I would say that it is not "like" PTSD, it is PTSD.

Been there.

Yes I have PTSD and my V.A doc knows it he was the one that told me

And I had plan on going to Lansing the 25th but we were in court that day

It was off and on that day

We were called 1 hour before we were to be their MMJ does help a lot with PTSD

Growing it helps us also but I would / will not grow until we are out of court

I have to say I am to scared to do it

A horse what does that have anything to do with anything?

It's not the horse it's the 14 years in jail and the 1 million dollar fine we face

That's nuts Bob. They don't even give convicted dispensary owners jail time. What did you actually do again?

Barbara Agro ultimately was convicted of one count of delivery/manufacture of marijuana and was sentenced to 90 days of probation, along with 20 hours of community service.

I wonder if Barb is growing again yet?

Edited by Restorium2

No one is giving them advice that is not firmly protected by our law.

You love to grandstand on falsehoods.

It doesn't matter, at the initial exposure, what is written in the law.

What DOES matter is what they BELIEVE is written. THAT is what they act on.

Right now, they still believe they were committing a felony when they had 21 unrooted cuttings.