Some Ideas Because Of The Mcqueen Ruling

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My folks would take that tomato and throw it at you. LOL They would say, "You call that medical"? Have you seen a Walmart tomato lately? Man, I'm glad we don't have to get our medical produce there. Thanks for helping make my point.

no you failed to make your point. kinda proved his...your people, and thats who you are concerned with, as should be. not everyone is you, not everyone is your people. you cant tell me you care about compassion and tell me people have to do it your way.... there will be failures, people will suffer, possibly die, there is no safety net.... its growing a plant. we need farmers markets.

Edited by GanjaWarrior

no you failed to make your point. kinda proved his...your people, and thats who you are concerned with, as should be. not everyone is you, not everyone is your people. you cant tell me you care about compassion and tell me people have to do it your way.... there will be failures, people will suffer, possibly die, there is no safety net.... its growing a plant. we need farmers markets.

You missed the point. Have you seen Walmart tomatoes lately? Do you like them? Wouldn't you think that the biggest box store around would have a great selection and the very best tomatoes? I can grow you a tomato that would make you cringe when you even looked at a Walmart tomato. Why doesn't Walmart try to compete with me? Because I don't grow tomatoes. Now you might get the picture. If all you have is the big box store you will have what they want to sell you, not what you want to buy.

It saddens me to no end that so many of our patients and caregivers cannot see what awaits them. You get behind those that want nothing more than to profit off this law you will lose in the end. In the meantime there is a large faction of us that do see the trap we are being led into and are going to actively resist. Call your legislator and let them know we do not need HB 4271.

You missed the point. Have you seen Walmart tomatoes lately? Do you like them? Wouldn't you think that the biggest box store around would have a great selection and the very best tomatoes? I can grow you a tomato that would make you cringe when you even looked at a Walmart tomato. Why doesn't Walmart try to compete with me? Because I don't grow tomatoes. Now you might get the picture. If all you have is the big box store you will have what they want to sell you, not what you want to buy.

ok i see your point...ive never been a fan of disp.... still we have got to have farmers markets. we need options for people. good produce brought to market by the farmer, always better than big box. id much rather grow my own, and i do, but if i find myself hungry with no food, i like options. man can go with out food for a few days, sick people should never have to go with out meds.

Here is an interesting part in section 2. It would allow a municipality to ban purchases from patients and caregivers in the area, while allowing seemingly unlimited growing and transfers between provisioning centers:

© Purchasing or receiving medical marihuana from a

registered qualifying patient or a registered primary caregiver if

purchasing or receiving medical marihuana from a registered

qualifying patient or registered primary caregiver is not

prohibited by the municipality where the provisioning center is

located and if the amount purchased does not exceed the registered

qualifying patient's or registered primary caregiver's medical

marihuana possession limits under the Michigan medical marihuana

act.

(d) Cultivating or manufacturing medical marihuana.

If that's how the local gov't wants it, what's the problem? I don't see how any shop would want that, but I can see why local residents

May want it that way. I doubt many communities would do that, but it is their option.

No fear mongering from me Northern. That is plain truth in black and white.

Pffft. You really expect me to believe that?

I do not believe we have a failed system, just more of a hassle then it should be. I can certainly live with it. Zap that was the exact same part that I took notice of, I can see that causing serious problems.

ok maybe failed is the wrong word...how do you sail failed in the pretense? it leaves giant holes.... a simple timer glitch, a pump dies... mites, mold .... you name it. an entire crop can fail. I may have wrongly called it failed... the system will fail the sick it was meant to protect, there are no options. grow a garden and tell yourself if it fails you starve, do you see the issue yet?

Edited by GanjaWarrior

And the fact is the patient has options. If you as the CG fail they can find a new caregiver, especially if CC's get up and running strong. Very few will be "suffering" and none will die. Northern, Pfft all you want, what I am doing is already legal, my concern is not with protecting you are the dispensaries rights it is with protecting caregivers and patients rights.

If that's how the local gov't wants it, what's the problem? I don't see how any shop would want that, but I can see why local residents

May want it that way. I doubt many communities would do that, but it is their option.

Pffft. You really expect me to believe that?

So you're saying it's alright for a local government to prohibit CGs?

....and yes, we do expect you to believe it. The proof is written right there in the bill for everyone to see. You did say you hadn't read the whole thing.

ok maybe failed is the wrong word...how do you sail failed in the pretense? it leaves giant holes.... a simple timer glitch, a pump dies... mites, mold .... you name it. an entire crop can fail. I may have wrongly called it failed... the system will fail the sick it was meant to protect, there are no options. grow a garden and tell yourself if it fails you starve, do you see the issue yet?

It is still legal for a PT to acquire medicine anywhere. No fail on the Pt's part as far as I can see.

So you're saying it's alright for a local government to prohibit CGs?

....and yes, we do expect you to believe it. The proof is written right there in the bill for everyone to see. You did say you hadn't read the whole thing.

No, i would be opposed to that. Where does it say municipalities can prohibit caregivers?

Edited by Northern Lab