Caregiver Needs Help W/ Pricing, Locating Patients

glorygreens86

HELLO

I'VE BEEN A CAREGIVER FOR A COUPLE YEARS NOW.  AND IT SEEMS EVERY TIME I ADVERTISE FOR A NEW PATIENT, I RUN INTO PEOPLE ASKING FOR FREE OUNCES.  IT SEEMS UNFAIR THAT I WOULD HAVE TO CHARGE UNDER $200 OR GIVE IT AWAY JUST TO GET A PATIENT, WHEN IT COSTS SO MUCH TO PRODUCE.  EVEN WHEN I TRY TO EXPLAIN, OR CONSIDER $200 ON A CONTRACT.  I OFTEN GET MIXED FEELINGS AND PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE ABLE TO GET IT FOR FREE OR CHEAPER THAN WHAT I CHARGE (WHICH IS AROUND $240-$300 PER OZ FOR DRY MEDS)  I EVEN OFFER TO SWEETEN THE DEAL WITH FREE MEDS, CONCENTRATES, ETC. WITH EVERY OZ PURCHASED - BUT TO NO AVAIL.  MAYBE I'M LOOKING IN THE WRONG PLACES.  I'M NOT A FAN OF CLUBS SO I TEND TO STAY AWAY.

SO MY QUESTIONS ARE: 

HOW DO YOU PRICE, AND EXPLAIN TO THE PATIENT THAT THEY'RE GETTING A FAIR DEAL?

WHERE DO YOU GO AND FIND GENERALLY UNDERSTANDING AND PROFESSIONAL PATIENTS THAT ARE WILLING TO AT LEAST HEAR YOU OUT?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your medicine is top shelf you should have no problem unless you're a hermit. If youre a hermit you may need some help spread some meds around the community to get a reputation.

If your meds aren't frosty and milky and your strains aren't tasty n dank, then step up your game. There are plenty of upscale patients in a2. If you want my opinion on your meds say the word and ill check em out.

Peace brutha.

I've run into the same problem. Most people that have responded to my ads either want freebies (even though I say no freebies in my ads) or just to buy meds. I can't afford to pay for someone else's medicine, and I'm not going to take the chance of selling to someone I don't know who isn't my patient. Finally two honest guys contacted me. I signed one up and am waiting on a decision from the other. Seems to me you just have to be persistent. Patients that need cg's don't seem to be as abundant as some seem to think. At least not in this part of the state. 

I wouldn't sign with a caregiver either if I lived somewhere with an active FM. Why would I sign with 1 caregiver when I can choose from twenty caregivers and change daily if I wish. Don't say price, I've been to some markets and prices seem to be par with the full compliance caregiver. Sux for good caregivers trying to follow the law but if I was only a patient you bet your donkey I would be at the FMs getting my meds.

My opininion

I wouldn't sign with a caregiver either if I lived somewhere with an active FM. Why would I sign with 1 caregiver when I can choose from twenty caregivers and change daily if I wish. Don't say price, I've been to some markets and prices seem to be par with the full compliance caregiver. Sux for good caregivers trying to follow the law but if I was only a patient you bet your donkey I would be at the FMs getting my meds.

My opininion

The first reason that comes to mind Mike, is that those twenty caregivers you have a choice of could all be in the slammer the next time you tried to score with them. Then you would be left without anything at all. Be a wise patient and sign a legal caregiver you can count on. Be loyal. They deserve that. They count on you just like you count on them.

The first reason that comes to mind Mike, is that those twenty caregivers you have a choice of could all be in the slammer the next time you tried to score with them. Then you would be left without anything at all. Be a wise patient and sign a legal caregiver you can count on. Be loyal. They deserve that. They count on you just like you count on them.

I would still wait till they are in the slammer or the FMs were shut down before getting an exclusive caregiver. I believe this is why we have not seen the rush of patients seeking a caregiver after McQueen. How did loyalty work out for the mom and pops when walmart came to your town?

I met this chef the other day, he told me he could provide all my meals at a fair price as long as I never ate anywhere else again. No idea what his food tastes like yet but I agreed immediately. Hope he is good.

The free ounce deal... The sooner that goes away the better everyone is. It is an illusion.

I would think it has become almost impossible to find this arrangement by now but I haven't really been looking. Can you explain why everyone would be better off if this arrangement did not exist?

Love the use of the word illusion btw, big smile when I read that

I would still wait till they are in the slammer or the FMs were shut down before getting an exclusive caregiver. I believe this is why we have not seen the rush of patients seeking a caregiver after McQueen. How did loyalty work out for the mom and pops when walmart came to your town?

I met this chef the other day, he told me he could provide all my meals at a fair price as long as I never ate anywhere else again. No idea what his food tastes like yet but I agreed immediately. Hope he is good.

Cannabis takes some time to produce and most patients don't want to wait 3 months more than one time. Some are very short sited, I concede. They will do what is fast and easy, almost always suffer because of that. Life is full of choices and the bad ones seem so easy.

Walmart? Really? What do they sell that's illegal without a doctor's rec, and/or their name on your card issued by the state? Yup, nothing.

I would think it has become almost impossible to find this arrangement by now but I haven't really been looking. Can you explain why everyone would be better off if this arrangement did not exist?

The obvious answer is the equation of giving it away only balances with illegal diversion outside of who is on your card(s).

Was using it as example of how loyal people are in this day and age, uhhh

I guess the closest thing in Walmart, Mike, would be something by prescription at the pharmacy. But even that is a terrible analogy.

Loyalty is earned and respected by respectful people. Cannabis is a magnifier of this fact. Makes it stand out.

The obvious answer is the equation of giving it away only balances with illegal diversion outside of who is on your card(s).

Why is a patient who is benefiting from this relationship better off if it doesn't exist? The added benefit of paying for meds instead of paying nothing? Sux for caregivers that follow the rules but fail to see how the patient benefits. Please don't say "well when the caregiver gets locked up the patient is sol" the patient would simply find another caregiver.

Why is a patient who is benefiting from this relationship better off if it doesn't exist? The added benefit of paying for meds instead of paying nothing? Sux for caregivers that follow the rules but fail to see how the patient benefits. Please don't say "well when the caregiver gets locked up the patient is sol" the patient would simply find another caregiver.

The simple answer is:

Someone who is diverting for money, they would give away the very worst of what they have grown. That's just scraping the surface for reasons.

I guess the closest thing in Walmart, Mike, would be something by prescription at the pharmacy. But even that is a terrible analogy.

Loyalty is earned and respected by respectful people. Cannabis is a magnifier of this fact. Makes it stand out.

I often forget we live in two different worlds, in mine walmart has shut down Main Street because people value saving thirty cents over loyalty to their local shop keeps.

My opininion

Yea I can see why people would most def use f.m's over a c.g that charges to much, if you can get a c.g to do ya 200 an oz your doing good and should just keep it, not every one can get it free like me, plus you wouldnt believe all the land I sold this winter in the everglades!

:yahoo-wave:  :bong2:

and Im a c.g, hey wait, I think im getting screwed, i get mine for free and my pt gets hers for free, How in the heck does that help me?

and there are no dispenses or f.m's around here! :butt2:

Man all the free mm is going right by me!  I guess I better at least start grabbing some of it eh?

ahh man I was trying to brag, but wound up bummed instead!!!!!!!

Peace

Jim

Yea I can see why people would most def use f.m's over a c.g that charges to much, if you can get a c.g to do ya 200 an oz your doing good and should just keep it, not every one can get it free like me, plus you wouldnt believe all the land I sold this winter in the everglades!

:yahoo-wave:  :bong2:

and Im a c.g, hey wait, I think im getting screwed, i get mine for free and my pt gets hers for free, How in the heck does that help me?

and there are no dispenses or f.m's around here! :butt2:

Man all the free mm is going right by me!  I guess I better at least start grabbing some of it eh?

ahh man I was trying to brag, but wound up bummed instead!!!!!!!

Peace

Jim

Funny how that happens. But just give it a few minutes. It's bound to change.