• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shooting the first one does work ..

The police take the rest of your grow. They put you in jail. They take away your gun. You have a felony record ..

But the rippers stop. The cost of business, at your location, has become to high.

The problem is that the system likes docile citizens. Defend your home and they realize YOU could be a problem.

Never tell anyone where your grow is, not even your patients(if u have any). Make up a lie and practice telling it until it sounds right. Misinformation is the key, keep them confused. People only know what you tell, or show them. if you have the internet at your grow they have controllers that have motion detectors,  contact switches etc. that will text your phone if someone sets them off  when your away. You could put a contact switches on the doors and security doors in front of rooms housing meds and equipment, they may be able to break them down but it may discourage them or slow them down long enough for you to take some kind of action. PIT BULLS are also an excellent idea. 

No need to lie or confuse patients.  That is just treating them like children.  You just tell them that no one knows where your grow is and no one is allowed to visit.  There is no need for anyone to visit it.  Grown-up patients not only understand this but also appreciate it.  But then you're the cannabis kid not the cannabis grown-up.  LOL.  All in good fun!! 

This is where Phaque steps in and reminds us that loose lips sink ships.  Timeless advice.

Patients have lips..they probably trust people I would not. If they tell something to someone that turns out to be false no harm done.. I don't tell lies in general but I rather people not know where i grow. if you just tell them know ones allowed there, they may assume its under your bed, and you could wake up with their cousins gun in your face. I am indeed a " grown-up" but i don't live in some fantasy land where every patient is worthy of knowing the whole truth. they can have access to the plants, so they don't need to know where its at. Its nothing personal, just self preservation.

So why not just tell patients,  "I'm not telling you where my grow is" 

Get yourself a PO Box; use that for your LARA forms.   Who wants their street address on the back of someone else's card anyway?

If that means that your patients won't know where you live, that's fine too.  There is no need for patients to know where you home is, or your grow.

No need to make up stories to tell people.

Patients have lips..they probably trust people I would not. If they tell something to someone that turns out to be false no harm done.. I don't tell lies in general but I rather people not know where i grow. if you just tell them know ones allowed there, they may assume its under your bed, and you could wake up with their cousins gun in your face. I am indeed a " grown-up" but i don't live in some fantasy land where every patient is worthy of knowing the whole truth. they can have access to the plants, so they don't need to know where its at. Its nothing personal, just self preservation.

Get yourself a PO Box; use that for your LARA forms.   Who wants their street address on the back of someone else's card anyway?

If that means that your patients won't know where you live, that's fine too.  There is no need for patients to know where you home is, or your grow.

Good point. The P.O. box is a good idea. I didn't want to seem dishonest, I just think if someone asked me "where do you grow" it would make me question their motives and i would do something to throw them off the trail. I'd say something like "i rent a building in the industrial area", those places don't seem to get broken into very often. I would worry about not telling patients where i live if I grew at home. In my mind that may imply to someone that you probably grow at home, then one day they may just happen to drive by while your outside playing with your kids or something.. and the jig is up, here comes the thieves! I was just hypothesising as to what went wrong in the first place and trying to think of a way to prevent in in the future.

Besides His question was how to keep thieves out of your grow, not how to refrain from sin. You kinda made it seem like i have horns coming out of my head.. lol :devil:

Exactly how I do it. I either mail the paperwork myself or we go to post office with prepared paperwork and I put my copy of license in envelope myself then it is sealed and sent.

Man trap hallways ...

A concrete hallway that is very easy to get in to but requires a combination to get out of.

Still haven't figured out how long you can keep one before you have to turn them in.

Lets see .. situation is under control, so you can't call 911. Might have to wait until Monday to call the regular line.

Edited by peanutbutter

No need to lie or confuse patients.  That is just treating them like children.  You just tell them that no one knows where your grow is and no one is allowed to visit.  There is no need for anyone to visit it.  Grown-up patients not only understand this but also appreciate it.  But then you're the cannabis kid not the cannabis grown-up.  LOL.  All in good fun!! 

This is where Phaque steps in and reminds us that loose lips sink ships.  Timeless advice.

It is no bodys biz if you are growing or not, no pts allowed to see the grow or even know where it is, if they dont like what you bring them tell them to find a new c.g!

Loose Lips Sink Ships!  :yahoo-wave:

Peace

Jim :judge:

Good point. The P.O. box is a good idea. I didn't want to seem dishonest, I just think if someone asked me "where do you grow" it would make me question their motives and i would do something to throw them off the trail. I'd say something like "i rent a building in the industrial area", those places don't seem to get broken into very often. I would worry about not telling patients where i live if I grew at home. In my mind that may imply to someone that you probably grow at home, then one day they may just happen to drive by while your outside playing with your kids or something.. and the jig is up, here comes the thieves! I was just hypothesising as to what went wrong in the first place and trying to think of a way to prevent in in the future.

Besides His question was how to keep thieves out of your grow, not how to refrain from sin. You kinda made it seem like i have horns coming out of my head.. lol :devil:

I didn't mean to give the impression that I thought you were shady....but so many people lie through their teeth and are so obvious about it.  When people are deliberately vague etc. and you know they aren't being truthful, they come across as slimy.  It isn't that I thought you were breaking a moral code or something.  But after having patients for 5 years, I can count on one finger the number of my patients who have been in my grow or even know where it is.  So no I wasn't trying to avoid sins.  I don't care if you do grow at home but tell patients you don't.  But what I was trying to say before is that there is no need to be all confusing.  If someone asks you where your grow is and you're deliberately evasive but don't make it clear that you don't want them to know where it is, then you come across as slick and shifty.  Good people like to hear straight answers.  So pick a good, solid lie.  "I don't grow at home, and for security reasons, I don't allow anyone in my grow room or to even know where it is located." 

I have told every prospective patient "You will never see my grow or know where it is, and if that is a problem with you, you need to find a different CG.  It doesn't matter if we trust each other 100%.  Would you extend trust 100% to four other people (my 4 other patients) you have never met...trust them with your name, address, and MMJ status?  Because that information is obviously kept at the grow"   This usually makes sense to most people, and they end up appreciating it.

I didn't mean to give the impression that I thought you were shady....but so many people lie through their teeth and are so obvious about it.  When people are deliberately vague etc. and you know they aren't being truthful, they come across as slimy.  It isn't that I thought you were breaking a moral code or something.  But after having patients for 5 years, I can count on one finger the number of my patients who have been in my grow or even know where it is.  So no I wasn't trying to avoid sins.  I don't care if you do grow at home but tell patients you don't.  But what I was trying to say before is that there is no need to be all confusing.  If someone asks you where your grow is and you're deliberately evasive but don't make it clear that you don't want them to know where it is, then you come across as slick and shifty.  Good people like to hear straight answers.  So pick a good, solid lie.  "I don't grow at home, and for security reasons, I don't allow anyone in my grow room or to even know where it is located." 

I have told every prospective patient "You will never see my grow or know where it is, and if that is a problem with you, you need to find a different CG.  It doesn't matter if we trust each other 100%.  Would you extend trust 100% to four other people (my 4 other patients) you have never met...trust them with your name, address, and MMJ status?  Because that information is obviously kept at the grow"   This usually makes sense to most people, and they end up appreciating it.

It's to late for the OP.

Once someone rips the first time, they tell their buddies.

Now it's move or stand your ground.

Some folks have suggested dogs before ..

OK .. a living deadly weapon. How effective that weapon is depends on the training. The dog must NEVER be an inside dog. No visitor may be able to pet the dog EVER.

Special training has to be employed that keeps the dog from eating ANYTHING from ANYONE except you.

So you then arrive at a place where you have nearly the same thing as a firearm.