This Just Can't Go Smooth

williams2311

Well guys I haven't been posting much nm lately IV been busy dealing with yet another issue. I try talking to the guy an the local grow shop and I keep hearing calmag. How ever in been giving it calmag for a few weeks now (in week 6 of flower). Here's the issue:
Most of the leafs in the top of the plant is all turning yellow from the tip of the leaf back toward the stem and it's happening very fast.
It seems like I have smaller nugs on this one then my last one which is really disappointing.
Problem number 2 I have a lot of small little bugs running around in my soil I killed one and looked at it under a 60x magnifying glass and it looks like a gnat. How ever I can find a lot of explaining online but no pictures. I was kind of digging into my soil and about a inch and a half down I see these tiny little bugs running around. I'm starting to think it's root aphids. But as I said before they look like gnats.
Any input would be great or point me in the right direction to get some kind of answer.

20140127_184234.jpg

20140127_183742.jpg

20140127_183712.jpg

20140127_182731.jpg

Edited by williams2311

I cant see the pics, but I am curious of the nutrients you use to fertilize?

also looking into my soil, and worm bins, and compost pile, a kabillion crawling bugs are at work.

nematodes come in many different styles too. They were scary when I began my organic approach,

but now I love them, and realize they're keeping the whole thing growing well, by digesting the organic matter

in the soil for the plants to eat

ill join in the chat if anyone wants to jump in and explain any info you can share that would be great

Dry and grind a couple of tbsp of habenero peppers. Add to enough water to cover and simmer 10 minutes. Cool and store. DO wear gloves. DO NOT get it in your eyes. Use 1-2 drops per gallon when feeding or watering.

Edited by GregS

Dry and grind a couple of tbsp of habenero peppers. Add to enough water to cover and simmer 10 minutes. Cool and store. DO wear gloves. DO NOT get it in your eyes. Use 1-2 drops per gallon when feeding or watering.

what will that do? whats the problem with them? 

im not questioning your methods just would like to know what is going on so i know better for next time.

what will that do? whats the problem with them? 

im not questioning your methods just would like to know what is going on so i know better for next time.

I've found it helpful in managing pests. If what you see are not pests, then disregard. I find it useful for gnats. The leaf issue likely has to do with nutes. I've seen something like this with nitrogen overload and suggest you rinse and flush at this point if you aren't already.

Edited by GregS

I've found it helpful in managing pests. If what you see are not pests, then disregard. I find it useful for gnats. The leaf issue likely has to do with nutes. I've seen something like this with nitrogen overload.

i see alot of bugs running around threw the soil some are clear some are black. i just watched a youtube video and i think its root aphids but i would like someone who has had this problem before tell me.

but im going to get some of that pepper see if that dont help out

It looks like a magnesium deficiency to me, probably caused by a lockout since adding more isn't helping. What is the substrate and nutrients?

the nutrients are advanced nutrients 3 part mix micro grow bloom and the guy at grow shop told me i had a mag deficiency so im now adding calmag by botanicare.

i dont check my ppm but i check my ph and with nutes its 6.3 going into foxfarm soil and when i just water its water and cal mag and the ph is 6.5. my feeding is water feed water feed every 2 days (sometimes it goes 3 days if i have other things to do that night)

I wonder how a premium nutrient line would show a nutrient deficiency in the plant, in a way that adding more would help?

in the fall, outside, leaves on trees turn colors and dry up also, at the close of season. cut  those couple of matured dying leaves off before they attract pests, and enjoy those fine looking buds as they mature to perfection. I see those same leaves in the end of flower....hehe , just thinking, maybe its cuz we both have those bugs in our dirt, tehe !  don't sweat the small stuff. if they seem to multiply over night, or strt eating your plants, or flying, kick some azz