Stoner Fallacies

pic book

....especially if its fertilized to the end of its life, like the tobacco fields, where "curing" came from.

I grow dozens of herbs and can tell you the best way to use any one them is fresh. Including my cannabis. When 75% of the

water weight is gently allowed to evaporate the herb is never going to be "better", assuming grown properly. I assure you the trichome contents simply degrade to garbage given enough "cure" time.  I like fresh fruit too, before its bruised and fermented.

Only over fertilized herb gets better over time, because the fertilizers break down, and lessen the choke smoke.  My heaviest use patients have always preferred fresh produce too.  When I smoked schwag I could tell it actually did "improve" with some curing.....go figure. 

i would like to Add Curing most don't know it it's a Art in it self 

Nicoteine has been found useful in treating Ulcerative Colitis....but not Crohns. But cigs have many other dangerous compounds so smoking would not be the way to get a pure product. Even the patches have other ingredients in them. Did you guys know it's illegal to grow tobacco? I got to go into a tobaccy barn while in KY. No windows,painted all black with a red metal roof. It smelled so good inside. The farmer said once you start to cure,no sunlight must reach the plants, no moisture,or they will mold. There is an art in growing any living thing,farmers are the caregivers of the land. Too bad so many family farms are going under because of giant corporate farms that grow for Monsanto and Dow. Now even natures gifts of food to us are tainted by chemicals. Buy only from your local producers farm stands,that is where all the stuff at the Eastern Market comes from. Farmer down the road has chickens. Fresh eggs taste so much better than store bought. But the chickens peck you,lol. Even they taste better than store bought.

tobacco growing is illegal ?  I didn't know this....off to google !

I bet I own the largest seed bank and tissue culture collection of rare heritage strains of tobacco in the state, and I don't even use the plant !

I was planning on a crop this year as a gift.......ok, I'd sneak a toke too of course...

I never checked our State. This is what the tobacco farmer in KY told me. Most of our tobacco products are grown here in the States,but it is also regulated. Maybe Michigan doesn't have a long enough growing season for it. ATF. You can't grow tobaccy,distill shine,but you sure as heck can get guns........for now. I didn't see the outdoor fields,just the inside of the curing barn.He had a permit from the State. Alcohol isn't illegal,neither is tobacco or firearms. So why do they need this group of thugs?

Not in Michigan, or, prove it sunshine ?

I can even sell my whole leaf product in the open market according to the man

I cant find any lucky strikes, do you think you could grow and roll me some, its ilegal to sell packaged cigs w/o the state seal isnt it? but if I come and do what the imagrants would do for you, I could get paid in room and board and cigs!  plus you would have to share some of the bad arse other things you grow!

Peace

no idea about the packaging and sales part, but I now know I can grow fields of tobacco legally in my yard, and even sell the leaf roadside, craigslist, and even here !

I cant find any lucky strikes, do you think you could grow and roll me some, its ilegal to sell packaged cigs w/o the state seal isnt it? but if I come and do what the imagrants would do for you, I could get paid in room and board and cigs!  plus you would have to share some of the bad arse other things you grow!

Peace

REALLY? I would try that for my own use. I have a room that is small and has no light for curing. I have seen small patches,the leaves are really big. Wonder if deer would eat them? Now I am really interested,I bet home grown is good. Google here I come.......................... Now I see that hillrod was funnin me.....................and I believed him,lol!

Edited by jointedone

can you define "how much" and also "commercial" purposes. I know I can sell my leaves at the market if desired, not sure if that's a commercial venture or not?

Sorry for being ambiguous. You need a license (=tax revenues) if the leaves have been processed for consumption. Otherwise there is no problem selling the leaves. 

There are no federal limits to how much you can grow. I don't know if there are currently any state limits are and thus misspoke when I said "how much". 

I am going to Tractor Supply tomorrow and see if I can find seeds. I planted some of the the 30 year old beaners I have yesterday. Maybe I can grow the biggest MJ plant and enter it in the Armada Fair :thumbsu: ........................ And I bet the State would consider the curing as processing. Google gave me lots of answers about the growing,tobacco does have it's own bug enemies.

today i thot of a second fallacy.  it is always safe to ignore your enemies.   that you can do the least offense simply by ignoring them and refusing to kiss butt----but to abandon the chase some loonies?  todfasy i learned that jjudgement can be flawed.  with some some speeps to nutralize them you simply have to have you do the unimaginable.  an enemy gained in a 'no-drama patient misunderstanding' chose to send a detroit police narcotics swat to my house at 3:50 pm this afternoon and spread the 3 of us out on the floor.  they said they were serving a warrant looking for the heroin, ice and crack and cocaine and all the cash.  in my file cabinet they found certs, patients paperwork and copies of cards.  they took plants and only plants and 1 drying plant and my dry meds, and my scale.  :blow-a-heart:  i know who did it to me and no one else is in any danger of a raid.

so, payback for an imagined slight can escalate to a biitttcchhh, and to me it was so far in the bacground it was in shadows, 

here is the warrant verbatim:

state of michigan

county of wayne ss

search warrant and afffidavit

to the sheriff or any peace officer of said county:  p.o lavar green case # 14-0861

wish i had a phone to take a pic cause the page is too much to type.

anyway, they have 2 years to file.  they took my large plants and my dry meds and made plenty of plenty of pics and video.  left the lights and fans and equipment, including pipes, vapes and lighters.  they found $40 cash in the house, and between 3 people, and said keep it.

if they do file that case number , i plan to defend myself as my own atty and go section 8---cause my card expired april 1.  i have the new dr recert but haven't mailed in my may 2, 2014 recert yet to lara.  just a crime of poverty.  $40 on hand.  i've had the same dr do my recert for 4 years.  expired april 1, 2014.

i will go section 8 if they file. 

Edited by pic book

wow, so sorry that happened you and yours. what kind of mummer coincidence was it that your card expired last month ?

I wouldn't do that to my enemy, and have a hard time understanding why a past patient could do that to his caregiver.

"Growing medical cannabis is easy, patient management is the real job"

I hope you recover soon man, and keep your chin up.

gm:  of all the evils the patient could have brot, i got the tamer of the options.

coincidence on the card...yes and no.  i did it to myself.  i decided to have a transmission vs sending in the recert to lara.  but all is at my volition to go cardless for even a minute.

I chewed on this one for awhile.

consider this; the spent smoke or vapor exhaled still contains volatile active compounds, witness by a recycled smoke attempt, or a loving share amongst the girlie kinds. The longer the smoke or vapor is exposed to the delicate lung tissue/blood  the more thc is taken in to the bloodstream, so it would seem than this is not a fallacy at all ?

(holding my breath...)

How about: holding in your toke for as long as possible will get you higher. (Well maybe from lack of oxygen...)

I chewed on this one for awhile.

consider this; the spent smoke or vapor exhaled still contains volatile active compounds, witness by a recycled smoke attempt, or a loving share amongst the girlie kinds. The longer the smoke or vapor is exposed to the delicate lung tissue/blood  the more thc is taken in to the bloodstream, so it would seem than this is not a fallacy at all ?

(holding my breath...)

High Times did a study a few years back and they concluded that after 3 seconds you have absorbed all you are going to absorb.

Myth or Fact? 10 Herban Legends

By Dan Skye · Thu Dec 12, 2013

RSS

At HIGH TIMES headquarters, we hear just about everything. But not all of it is true. It’s time to set the record straight on a few things!

The Tale: A slice of fresh fruit will keep your stash fresh.

Myth or Fact: MYTH -- But it will promote fresh mold.

However: Use a pot leaf to maintain your bud’s moisture and flavor.

The Tale: It’s a good idea to pee on your plants.

Myth or Fact: MYTH -- Yuck! And you’d smoke it afterwards? While urine does contain nitrogen, your plants will die from undiluted tinkle.

However: You might try the traditional method of watering your plants.

The Tale: Putting a dead fish at the bottom of your grow hole provides long-term nutrients.

Myth or Fact: FACT -- Rotting fish releases nitrogen and trace elements necessary for healthy roots. Squanto actually taught the Pilgrims this concept.

However: The fish should decompose completely in your grow hole months before planting.

The Tale: Pouring soft drinks on your plants will flavor your buds.

Myth or Fact: MYTH -- Are you serious? That stuff is killing you, so imagine what it will do to your plants!

However: Molasses and certain sugar-based formulas can enhance natural flavors, but Grape Nehi and Mexican “schwag” seeds will not create Purple Kush!

The Tale: Holding a hit in gets you higher.

Myth or Fact: MYTH -- Almost all of the THC is absorbed by your lungs in the first three seconds. After that, the remaining cannabinoids and tars in the weed are all that’s left.

However: You might pass out from lack of oxygen and hit your head on the linoleum. Then you’ll be stoned, but definitely not high!

The Tale: Music enhances the growth of your plants.

Myth or Fact: FACT -- Science has proven through experimentation that plants thrive on music.

However: Bagpipes and the accordion are lethal!

The Tale: A bong will get you higher.

Myth or Fact: MYTH -- A 2000 NORML/MAPS study found that “water pipes filter out more psychoactive THC than they do other tars, thereby requiring users to smoke more to reach their desired effect.”

However: HIGH TIMES researchers are currently in their lab disproving this theory.

The Tale: Ice in your bong will cool your smoke, making it healthier for inhalation.

Myth or Fact: MYTH -- Smoke is smoke, no matter what temperature it is.

However: Ice is harmless. And so are flavored liquids, instead of water. But stay away from smoothies.

The Tale: You can get high off the gunky residue in your pipe.

Myth or Fact: FACT (barely) -- You might catch a mild buzz, but you’re smoking concentrated tar. And concentrated tar is not a dab!

However: When you’re facing dry times, drastic measures are sometimes required.

The Tale: The Founding Fathers got high.

Myth or Fact: MYTH -- They didn’t. But as learned agronomists, they certainly were aware of the psychoactive properties of cannabis sativa.

However: The last three Presidents did get high -- often!

"remaining cannabinoids"

article is correct, most all of the "thc" is absorbed, however, thc is a cannabinoid too, and not the only one that provides relief and effects. Holding longer will allow other active cannabinoids to absorb, which may be desired for the targeted effects.