Stoner Fallacies

pic book

i can think of one.  i'll post them as they rise to the surface of my mind.

Don't plant in clear pots--the roots won't thrive...ha, ha...I prefer clear pots--it makes it so easy to know ahead of a plant going root-bound.  And if you've seen roots in clear pots, you'll wonder why you ever gave any credibility to this stoner wives tale.  In hydro, you get to see the live whites as they amass.  real great fun to see.  

How did this one get started?  i think that's due to black plastic being the cheapest----it is a henry ford:  you can buy a pot any color as long as it is black, or you can pay two times as much.

It is believed by some that the sex of a finished seed can be manipulated by outside sources such as colored lights, temps. =FALSE

cryptochromes and phytochromes  and phototropins are the photosensitive compounds that signal a plant and react specifically to certain wavelengths of light. These tell the plant how much light is available, how long a day is, if its day or night and where the best light is.

Skototropism=Roots grow away from light and Phototripism= shoots grow towards light. these are enabled by light sensitive pigments, and Auxins. Unnecessary auxins are produced when plants roots are exposed to light. Auxins are growth hormones

Allowing light to the roots will allow growths of bacteria, pathogens, and algae not normally seen in dark soil. These life forms depending upon light for survival will ultimately upset the delicate balance of soil, including preventing much biological activity carried out by fungus, the basis of our soil, that grows optimally  in the dark.

here's some possible benefit to red wavelength light at root tips..

Other photosensitive receptors in plants include phytochromes that sense red lightand cryptochromes that sense blue light. Different organs of the plant may exhibit different phototropic reactions to different wavelengths of light. Stem tips exhibit positive phototropic reactions to blue light, while root tips exhibit negative phototropic reactions to blue light. Both root tips and most stem tips exhibit positive phototropism to red light. Cryptochromes are photoreceptors that absorb blue/ UV-A light, and they help control the circadian rhythm in plants and timing of flowering. Phytochromes are photoreceptors that sense red/far-red light, but they also absorb blue light. The combination of responses from phytochromes and cryptochromes allow the plant to respond to various kinds of light.

People who use cannabis can't drive or do anything productive because they are stoned out of their minds. They shouldn't have cars or guns. They should hide while they are under the influence(intoxicated). They should quit pretending cannabis works for anything other than getting high and contributing to their lazy life style. For everything a stoner can think of to use cannabis for a lab tech can find a better alternative using something other than cannabis. Pot stinks.

People who use cannabis can't drive or do anything productive because they are stoned out of their minds. They shouldn't have cars or guns. They should hide while they are under the influence(intoxicated). They should quit pretending cannabis works for anything other than getting high and contributing to their lazy life style. For everything a stoner can think of to use cannabis for a lab tech can find a better alternative using something other than cannabis. Pot stinks.

Best post so far. 

Rest,since you said it,I do believe it. I am no youngster or new to the herb. A possible CG candidate said that to me after I told him his meds threw me into a coughing fit so bad I puked. Yeah. I wanna get sicker.  I am no brainiac,I don't know all about the chemical makeup or genetics of MMJ,but my body tells me more than anything else. Plus if I catch someone lying to me on this issue,I will never believe anything that person says again. And I WILL catch it. Then I send my little baby terminator to beat your lying butt. (isn't he cute?)                      

Edited by jointedone

Rest,since you said it,I do believe it. I am no youngster or new to the herb. A possible CG candidate said that to me after I told him his meds threw me into a coughing fit so bad I puked. Yeah. I wanna get sicker.  I am no brainiac,I don't know all about the chemical makeup or genetics of MMJ,but my body tells me more than anything else. Plus if I catch someone lying to me on this issue,I will never believe anything that person says again. And I WILL catch it. Then I send my little baby terminator to beat your lying butt. (isn't he cute?)

Coughing can be good for the lungs. A gentle cough induced by vaporization of cannabis can be an excellent breathing treatment. Most all effective medical breathing treatments induce coughing.

IBD patients should not be smoking dried flowers maybe?

Yeah well not when you cough hard enough to puke then aspirate into your lungs. I am not asthmatic,and not all coughing is induced by inhaling something. Many IBD pts cough because their esophagus is screwed up,and the food isn't moving down the pipe as it should, and eating makes it worse.

IBD patients have often told me about the relationship between inhalation smoking and their symptoms, I assumed jointedone was aware also. Vaporizing is a much healthier alternative to smoking, I was hoping you'd agree.

I was lightly spanking jointed one, for the smoking part. Patients tell me they couldn't imagine living with IBD without medical marijuana management.

peace

Flowers help far more IBD patients than they hurt. I think jointedone is speaking of flowers that are harsh due to bad cultivation techniques.

Getting a bit off topic, but since IBD has been mentioned I think it is important to understand that not all IBD is alike. Crohn's falls under the category; numerous studies have shown that smoking tobacco exacerbates symptoms and thus is definitely contraindicated. Curiously, this is NOT the case for ulcerative colitis and tobacco can actually DECREASE symptoms, although other risk factors from smoking preclude this from being used therapeutically. 

Cannabis is useful in all forms of IBD, most notably Crohn's - sometimes resulting in complete remission. But every body is different - some folks with severe cases of Crohn's simply cannot tolerate smoking or even vaping and need to rely on tinctures & medibles.

z