Medical Marijuana Card Protects You From Prosecution, Not "discovery"

MCL 780.653

Magistrates findings of reasonable or probable cause , basis of findings; basis and contents of affidavit.

Sec.3

The magistrates findings of reasonable or probable cause shall be based upon all the facts related within the affidavit made before him or her. The affidavit may be based upon information supplied to the complainant by a named or unnamed person if the affidavit contains one of the following:

(a) if the person is named, affirmative allegations from which the magistrate may conclude that the person spoke with personal knowledge of the information.

(b) if the person is unnamed, affirmative allegations from which the magistrate may conclude that the person spoke with personal knowledge of the information and either that the unnamed person is credible or that the information is reliable.

No wonder my lawyer isn't talking much about sec. 8 or sec.4 defenses.
He's concentrating on the search.
They had no right and they knew better.
My lawyer is running for 37th Circuit Court Judge and once was a Calhoun Chief Assistant Prosecutor 8 years.  He knows these cops and said oh yeah that's what you do, huh? when I asked the cops why they were harassing me. They said "That's what we do"

I am thinking my attorney got appointed to me and has me only? He is otherwise running for judge and lobbying?

He said he's going to have fun with this case.

No kidding... My wife and I have our sec8 next week, then trial for the next two days if it's not dismissed... Or adjourned again, after almost two years of court poop..

Good luck to you both two years is a long time and you guys must be stressed out to the max i know how you feel it was almost 5 years for us 

On appeal, the Court of Appeals affirmed the trial court, but for a different reason. Specifically, the appellate court found the facts in the affidavit established the necessary probable cause, despite the passage of the MMMA. Contrary to the trial court’s conclusion, the appellate court found the MMMA did not make the possession or cultivation of marijuana “legal.” Instead, the found that any possession of marijuana continues to violate the Public Health Code and is indicative of a criminal act sufficient for a probable cause finding. The court held:

We've heard the rest of the story. You dropped your Supreme Court appeal and took a plea. Thanks, however, for this friendly reminder.

Seems as if the system is set up to protect everyone on the States side.

1. Police can get the prosecutor to endorse warrant.  Cop is in the clear.

2. Prosecutor gets magistrate to sign.  Prosecutor is in the clear.

3. State sets up a probable cause hearing, District Judge finds no probable cause.  Magistrate is in the clear.

4. District Judge sends it to Circuit Court Judge for review.  District Judge is in the clear.

5.Case dismissed.

The Circuit Judge did no wrong 

It seems...

You-boys-know-what-a-circle-jerk-is.jpg

Went to the preliminary hearing today

My attorney said they can't proceed today cause one of the witness didn't show up

I asked who? He said deputy Hommingas

I asked if this is some BS he said I have choice to ask for a dismissal cause they had 14 days for the hearing but if I do they can just refile the charges and arrest me again or I can request an adjournment and could take couple weeks but it will be just like was supposed to be today once again but I'll get my hearing.

When I went out to my car I spotted deputy Owen and deputy Homminga in parking lot I inquired what happened they said Homminga didn't show up but there he is what they say to you

Deputy Owen said the judge only said he was canceling it

Edited by Rory Larkey

Went to the preliminary hearing today

My attorney said they can't proceed today cause one of the witness didn't show up

I asked who? He said deputy Hommingas

I asked if this is some BS he said I have choice to ask for a dismissal cause they had 14 days for the hearing but if I do they can just refile the charges and arrest me again or I can request an adjournment and could take couple weeks but it will be just like was supposed to be today once again but I'll get my hearing.

When I went out to my car I spotted deputy Owen and deputy Homminga in parking lot I inquired what happened they said Homminga didn't show up but there he is what they say to you

Deputy Owen said the judge only said he was canceling it

LOL 

Am so sorry just more of the same to wear you down 

Stupid legal system... What a crock, even if a "witness" didn't make it, but was served a subpoena and failed to show, shouldn't they be charged?? Or is it because it was a cop and their above the law... Perhaps if the judge did want to just cancel it for the time being, shouldn't your lawyer know the truth? Man I hate this cracked out cops and courts, so sick of it.

To be honest I don't know how they can use these unreliable field tests to get warrants. If they want to give someone PTSD (from swat raids), than they really need to have better intel. They waited over 7 months to raid the people in the story, so they obviously had time to do it right. The only reason I posted it here was the relevancy of the field test.

I question whether there ever really was a positive test to begin with regardless of how reliable the test was. This disgusts me. I'm glad it was on the news and I am glad the father called the low life standing over him with the gun a GOON. Let the community see what is really going on. These cops all want to be heros but to who? Their fellow goons is about it.