Medical Marijuana Card Protects You From Prosecution, Not "discovery"

whats up with the victim blaming around here?

we can be divided or we can stand united. what you gonna do resto?

What I said had nothing to do with standing or blaming. I was trying to make some sense out of it. I think that if you just say that the reasons for the cops doing stuff is just because they are mean and stupid is going to put you at a disadvantage if you are trying to make smart moves. Don't assume anything about anyone if you want to understand a situation.

I(CPU) tried to get a two tiered warrant requirement when they passed the Walsh bills last session.  Any warrant request for marijuana must first be proceeded by the Judge/Magistrate checking with the department to see if the suspect is a patient or caregiver; and if so, further evidence of noncompliance with the law must then be presented to justify said warrant.

We tried...

Btw, I am not asking stupid stuff to poke at ya at all. And don't answer publically; I am just wondering if they will pursue charges based on found evidence using the burn pile as excuse; whether Sec.4 will stand up for ya or if Sec. 8 will eventually be looked at for ya.

But yea...not a very public discussion to have.

keep us posted and don't put up details for bad guys to read or read into (I don't want to see Leo get any ideas).  You've said your piece, just let us know what happens and privately contact folks with specific issues as mal said.

I(CPU) tried to get a two tiered warrant requirement when they passed the Walsh bills last session.  Any warrant request for marijuana must first be proceeded by the Judge/Magistrate checking with the department to see if the suspect is a patient or caregiver; and if so, further evidence of noncompliance with the law must then be presented to justify said warrant.

We tried...

Thanks for trying i'am sure it didn't work out why would Leo ever go for something like  the Right thing to do 

Thanks for your  advice everyone and I will keep you updated, Any attorney want to help me free or cheap let me know.

Peace

Thank you for standing up Rory

First there would have to be some kind of charges against you i am no Lawyer but if you want one for cheap try face book

• 2 months later...

Charges have been filed I have an active warrant do not know bond amount or charges yet, will update soon as I can.
is there an attorney who can call and find out what the charges are for me, and how much is bond? (free of charge)? 
The lady in traffic division probably told me more than she was allowed already...
Need to know before turn myself in so I can be relesed immediately.

Also I found out because I applied for food stamps and letter said Not Eligible
due to a criminal justice disqualification. Please contact law enforcement to resolve.
Did the DHS notify the police of my address and wherabouts?

It is the lady in the traffic division's job to tell you everything you need to know. There is nothing she cannot tell you that she can't an attorney you pay four hundred bucks an hour to, billed on quarter hours, to do the same thing. You apparently need to hire an attorney now. They are paid because they are familiar with a system that we do not spend every day working in and know the ropes. 

Edited by GregS

Charges have been filed I have an active warrant do not know bond amount or charges yet, will update soon as I can.

is there an attorney who can call and find out what the charges are for me, and how much is bond? (free of charge)? 

bond is set by judge i think. make sure to tell the judge how rich/poor you are so he sets a correct bond.

Also I found out because I applied for food stamps and letter said Not Eligible

due to a criminal justice disqualification. Please contact law enforcement to resolve.

Did the DHS notify the police of my address and wherabouts?

probably you can call the prosecutor office to find out charges and stuff like that.

probably all of those databases are tied together. i dunno.

Thanks

It is the lady in the traffic division's job to tell you everything you need to know ?

​So someone anyone can call and say i am so and so person and the lady will tell it all ?

No Bob. When you walk into the Clerk of the Court Office with identification you can get anything they have on file.

Did the charges come out yet? I'm curious to why they were there, I've had friends move into positions as a sheriff and sheriffs deputy, It doesn't seem like they would come in like that just to harass a grower, without a pre existing notion that you were doing something illegal. Flyover with no fence, or secured plants, and they're thrown in the house for that quick cure "what do ya mean plants, they were roots you saw from way up there". That said, it could be just how you decribed. It would have been more telling if you had another half hour of footage.

rory :  the cops are claiming that the roots in your burn pit are 'marijuana plants' because the MMMA uses the PHC definition of marijuana . and any part of the plant is considered a plant.

so they are saying that you had 'plants' outside of your enclosed secure facility.

should be ok with a sec8...

Once they seen my card they should have left my property alone.
They knew that.
They stated they believed I was not in compliance with the medical marijuana law.
But would not give me reason why they had that belief. Except saying Medical Marihuana Law protects from prosecution not discovery.
It is the prosecution we all fear. So it is only right for me to expect a dismissal soon. Probable cause hearing Friday

Will the police be allowed to profile Michigan Medical Marijuana Patients who cultivate their own marijuana saying that they all have vehicles and persons in and out of their residence at all hours of the day on a daily basis providing to customers?

Will the police be allowed to profile Michigan Medical marijuana patients who cultivate their own medicine with accusations such as we all will grow excessive amounts of marijuana, by Michigan Marihuana Act limitations, to sell at or to dispensaries for profit?

Even if they have no reason to believe except of the cops past experience and training.

Edited by Rory Larkey