Comet Detective Discusses Drug Issues In Northern Macomb

The County of Macomb Enforcement Team sees all kinds of drug-related issues throughout Macomb County.

Michigan State Police Detective Donald DeSnyder, a member of COMET, spoke with the Northwest Macomb Prevention Coalition on June 9 about current drug trends his department has encountered during the last year.

COMET has a narcotics team and a survey team, and is made up of members from a number of law enforcement agencies including the Michigan State Police, Macomb County Sheriff's Office and other local departments.

DeSnyder, a member of the narcotics team, said his unit uses a variety of tactics to combat the growth, sale and use of illicit drugs.

"We get tips about certain places selling drugs. We do surveillance on those houses. We stop people leaving those houses. Hopefully they have narcotics on them that we can use," he said. "If that is not the case we do trash pulls."

DeSnyder said that with two positive trash pulls, COMET can get a search warrant for the house.

"We have trackers that we have access to that we put on cars if we think someone is dealing and they may not be dealing out of their house," he said. "We can put a tracker on their car and see where they are going."

DeSnyder said COMET is still struggling with how to properly battle marijuana use and sales with the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act recently going into effect.

"It seems so easy to get a medical marijuana card," he said, adding that two officers from his department went to two different locations and got medical marijuana cards with little trouble. "It is a very, very grey area. It is very frustrating."

DeSnyder said COMET is not only involved with narcotics. Using its knowledge of local gangs and criminals, as well as the group's surveillance skills, they assist other departments with a variety of crimes including murders and shootings. Continued...

http://www.sourcenewspapers.com/articles/2011/06/17/news/doc4dfa6310b036a187796025.txt

Maybe not to us but if new people come here just maybe they will see how things are i mean some still think ( i have a card and can;t be arrested ) those are the ones

this post may help 

"We have trackers that we have access to that we put on cars if we think someone is dealing? did you know that Leo could and does do this ?

To me it's a job to let all know that Cannabis is still not legal and just because someone has a card doesn't change things card holders need to know it is a lot more to just having a card

Really Dee Snider?  lol.  Why do they find it so hard to believe 2 officers would qualify for mmj cards?  It's so funny to see the incredulous other side when they're misconceptions quash they're ability to deal with the reality that it's not really harmful and does work for a lot of problems.

This quote would be great to take out of context for an onion article

"We get tips about certain places selling drugs. We do surveillance on those houses. We stop people leaving those houses. Hopefully they have narcotics on them that we can use,"

Edited by Norby

Really Dee Snider?  lol.  Why do they find it so hard to believe 2 officers would qualify for mmj cards?  It's so funny to see the incredulous other side when they're misconceptions quash they're ability to deal with the reality that it's not really harmful and does work for a lot of problems.

This quote would be great to take out of context for an onion article

"We get tips about certain places selling drugs. We do surveillance on those houses. We stop people leaving those houses. Hopefully they have narcotics on them that we can use,"

that we can use," LOL i got it

LMAO! Not THAT Dee Snyder,goof! :P  BTW did you all see that the hated Gov Snyder just raised minimum wage in Michigan? What a horrible blood drinking republican.

Yes I did. Not everything Snyder does bothers me. If the feds raise it higher we will have to go along with that. We know it's only half a loaf, but it's better than no loaf, and we can continue to work with the issue. I am glad he came along on the Medicaid expansion that so many other majority Republican states refuse to participate in. I did call his office while that legislation was in play and had an interesting conversation with one of his staffers.

gather it up in hefty contractor bags and go to the landfill.

transporting marijuana ? i'm not a big fan of that.

i'm not sure the best way to get rid of trash.

maybe dig a hole and bury it, that way theres no fire, no burning smoke, no transporting. slowly composts though.

maybe dig a hole and bury it, that way theres no fire, no burning smoke, no transporting. slowly composts though.

I agree

Most just don't know how things can go south with just doing things most would think safe i know KD didn't really think about it and he is one of the safest people i know of

Did You guys know that last thursday that a Macomb County SWAT helicopter landed ON 31 mile between Mound and Campground in Washington township? 4 times. The week before that,I watched the whole ground Swat team drive past,the big giant RV,the Suburban,the other suburban pulling the Swat trailer and 2 Sheriffs cars.Still don't know why,neighbors and I thought it was strange. All the years we have lived here and I've NEVER seen a cop copter land right on our road.They cruised low for a couple hours. They were going over and over the gravel pits and the farms,and the rich peoples subdivision. Could be they were looking for the cougar that has been spotted? No. Even the DNR wouldn't come out for that. 

Not with my neighbors I do anything outside the penis who lives next door to me calls the township the only thing being taken out in bags is leaf and stalks no usuable material.