Doctor Convicted Of Health Care Fraud For Selling Medical Marijuana Certificates

Selling pre signed recommendations.

Not sure how anyone can protect a physician like that.

These things need to become a thing of the past.

I mean really,.... Doctor sends out 100 pre signed certs for $5000 and never sees a single patient while some idiot simply fills out the rest and charges 100 bucks.

I have no pity for this type of stuff.

I only wish i was there to have advised this physician to come into basic compliance with medical standards.

Selling pre signed recommendations.

Not sure how anyone can protect a physician like that.

These things need to become a thing of the past.

I mean really,.... Doctor sends out 100 pre signed certs for $5000 and never sees a single patient while some idiot simply fills out the rest and charges 100 bucks.

I have no pity for this type of stuff.

I only wish i was there to have advised this physician to come into basic compliance with medical standards.

He is a doctor if people don't have medical records for him to look at they don't need them

but the Doc needs to at least see them

Any professional that has no better sense that to do something of this nature, (if it's proven in court) at the very least deserves to have his / her license revoked.

Perhaps this physician was never taught in medical school the 'first' golden rule: CYA in ALL cases (cover your ARSE).

Cannabis is harmless. No one should even need a Dr.'s permission to use it. People should be allowed to make up their own minds as to whether or not they want to use it. It is BS on a scale never before seen in human history.

Very true

But until total legalization becomes a reality doctors need to follow the law what happened to the people who recieved cards via these pre signed recs did they lose access to medicine and their cards because of this doctors negligence ?

I looked back on previous posts relating to this case. We consistently spoke out against this behavior as a community.

I agree and back then we were even against THC-F and most people felt like if your own Doc wouldn't sign then its to bad for you

I was at a meeting one day and someone told me that to my face because I had been telling people what had happen and were our case was at in court

He said we were in court because our Doc didn't testify the right way because he only told the judge that I had pain and Torey was sick by taking so many pill's

All he the Doc needed to do was give up our medical record we would of been fine

Very true

But until total legalization becomes a reality doctors need to follow the law what happened to the people who recieved cards via these pre signed recs did they lose access to medicine and their cards because of this doctors negligence ?

Ugh. Really good question. What will happen to these people and to any others in the future whose doctor is found to be negligent?

Ugh. Really good question. What will happen to these people and to any others in the future whose doctor is found to be negligent?

No doubt their cards validity will come into question if they need to use them in the case of a traffic stop or raid Schutte will probably have them charged because of the questionable manner in how their cards were dispensed by the card mill .

is this worse than selling prescriptions for oxy?

do you think its worth 5 years+ jail time because of 'conspiracy' ?

whos the victim of this crime again?

... i cant think of anyone who is harmed.

i'm not saying its right or she did nothing wrong

but i like punishments to be fair, and to fit the crime.

LARA has its own punishments, i think should be enough.

maybe make her do some community doctor service for the poor / homeless.

but jail time? wont help anyone.

you want your tax dollars to keep this lady in a prison?

it looks like she didnt follow the law, before it was clarified in 2012.

i'm not sure when her case as it relates to when LARA put out its guidelines for making recs and patient doctor relationship.

was that after dec 2010 ?

http://www.macombcountymi.gov

2011-003482-FH PEOPLE vs. BUTLER-JACKSON, LOIS DMD

01/18/2013 CRIMINAL SENTENCING SCHEDULED The following event: CONTINUED JURY TRIAL scheduled for 01/18/2013 at 9:00 am has been rescheduled as follows: Event: CRIMINAL SENTENCING Date: 03/05/2013 Time: 8:30 am Judge: DRUZINSKI, DIANE M Location: COURTROOM 2SE - 2ND FLOOR

Case Schedule

Date Start Time Event Type Result

03/05/2013 08:30 AM CRIMINAL SENTENCING

Very true

Hey King, i can tell ya what happened to someone i know who went there. Got raided with no warrant lucky for them they took advice and was not growing at the time and only had under the " 2.5" oz's. leo took there meds and said if you tell anyone bout this we'll be back. so make sure who you sign up as there caregiver.

Zap is right, many in this community have no tolerance for this kind of behavior. Yet I am aware of at least 4 docs that really need to pay attention to this, but one has already made the statement he isn't afraid of the state. Things this group of doctors have in common....

1. No record certs

2. Certs through the mail

3. 'Certification Clinic Events' that don't have a doctor meeting with the patient.

These are 3 red flags. Do not support 'clinics' that offer 'easy' certs, no records needed, and you don't even have to see the doctor.

The other thing those doctors have in common is that at least 2 are under active investigation by the state (it has been announced) and I suspect the other two are well in their radar, especially after some recent court cases.

Dr. Bob