Jame's Story

In the face of scrutiny, I wait. Meeting with the school today has me nervous about my future. What will happen? How will they react? Will they understand? As I prepare myself for the worst, I always keep peace within my heart. The Lord guides me and whatever I'm faced with; I know he will be there. Always keep looking up and always keep him near. Thanks for everyone's support through this. I will let you know when I do!

In other words the taxpayers paid for it.They could pay to fix the roads with the money used to prosecute cannabis cases.

Yup Tax payers we would tell as many people we could just to let the people know were their $$$ where going we tried to get the money report from the County and

we even tried putting in a FOIA reguest and hit a dead end because people in those places of High power  they have a lot of Power 

Edited by bobandtorey

After seeing a couple school members; I'm shocked at what they didn't know about the Michigan medical marijuana act. It's like they were oblivious to what the laws upheld. I was surprised I didn't get asked about a drug test or anything detrimental to my character. I didn't give to much information to them, just what I had to. I kept explaining that I was "legally" doing this. They were astounded I wasn't taken to jail immediately after what took place. I don't think most people know how the justice system operates until you experience it. Or how a person not found guilty yet has an ultimatum of either sitting in jail until trial or having many restrictions. Even my constitutional right of "bearing arms" was taken away. I'm not guilty or innocent but in the eyes of the law I am guilty. Now dealing with curfews, 2 drug tests a week, cannot enter any place that serves alcohol, cannot consume alcohol, cannot use my medicinal cannabis or be a caregiver anymore, have any cannabis, and cannot leave the state.

The system is asinine and doesn't make sense. If you work you have to miss many days to do the drug tests and court dates, etc. It makes life very stressful and unmanageable sometimes. My wife and i's relationship and family life has suffered because of this. All for a plant that god graced us with to use. I mean I'm not a felon, just a farmer. I'm in the same category as a meth, crack and heroin dealer... REALLY?

DOES ANYONE HEAR ME?

It's really surprising that even the people taking the risks do not know what is going on. We see this happening over and over again. If you would have known the risks before you made your choices I think you might have thought the risk was too high for an elementary school teacher. 

Do you still think this was all because you didn't have a top on your outside grow?  Or have new things come to light?

All because of not having a "top". They could also reach over the 5 foot fence to obtain marijuana plants is the case. From the police report I have read everything else was in compliance.

Wish you would have asked me bro. I've been here for you since late '08. Just had a spat a week before this happened to you with a guy trying to tell everyone they didn't need a top. I kept saying that you needed a top. I said it on every page. Kept saying the legislature addressed this specifically. Wish you were here ....

After seeing a couple school members; I'm shocked at what they didn't know about the Michigan medical marijuana act. It's like they were oblivious to what the laws upheld. I was surprised I didn't get asked about a drug test or anything detrimental to my character. I didn't give to much information to them, just what I had to. I kept explaining that I was "legally" doing this. They were astounded I wasn't taken to jail immediately after what took place. I don't think most people know how the justice system operates until you experience it. Or how a person not found guilty yet has an ultimatum of either sitting in jail until trial or having many restrictions. Even my constitutional right of "bearing arms" was taken away. I'm not guilty or innocent but in the eyes of the law I am guilty. Now dealing with curfews, 2 drug tests a week, cannot enter any place that serves alcohol, cannot consume alcohol, cannot use my medicinal cannabis or be a caregiver anymore, have any cannabis, and cannot leave the state.

The system is asinine and doesn't make sense. If you work you have to miss many days to do the drug tests and court dates, etc. It makes life very stressful and unmanageable sometimes. My wife and i's relationship and family life has suffered because of this. All for a plant that god graced us with to use. I mean I'm not a felon, just a farmer. I'm in the same category as a meth, crack and heroin dealer... REALLY?

DOES ANYONE HEAR ME?

I understand you completely, guilty until proven innocent. 

I was more fortunate than you in that my list of dont's only included illicit drugs, and I was able to clarify through my attorney that I was allowed to medicate.  It is a terrible shame that MI has 83 counties and no two of them operate the same.  The rules should be the equal in every county.

As far as this taking a toll on your family, I'm sorry for all of you.  If any way possible, become stronger in your resolve.   You have a great attorney, have faith in him, I'm confident that you will prevail.

Keep your chin up brother, you will be OK.

everything Zap and Mal are saying is true.  Ken Stecker has clearly said no top is needed.  Unfortunately in this case Mr. Stecker is not stating the opinion of the task force, assembled by the legislators who sponsored the bill, that met to determine language on the bill.  Sorry, I was there.  The round example came up as we tried to find accurate middle ground to make the language clear (yeah, clear as mud)....  It also specifically came up that covered on all sides did include the top.

No one anticipated a 100' x 100' enclosed garden.  Sorry, just did not go down that way.  But even then one could comply with some good carpentry skills (and I am a pretty darn good carpenter so I say that with all due respect)...

What was made clear was the legislative intent was to have it enclosed so no one could see it from a neighboring property.... even from the roof next door...

also it was the intent to have the sides covered with the fabric that does not allow one to easily see the contents in the garden.  While this language was not included as a requirement, it was the method thought to be safest for all parties (cops, growers, rippers, kids, and anyone offended)

It seemed to me then, and now, chicken wire, cyclone fencing, or a similar device could comply on the top.

Personally I do not see how that would make it an indoor grow.  Sorry, that is just looking for trouble by using a rationalization that would be a stretch to explain in court....

So they tried to make it an "inside" grow(no visability, completely covered) to protect everyone else but the patient?  Because i haven't heard of rippers, kids, etc. getting harmed, but I have heard of people going to jail over it.  So again, protect everyone but the patient?  If anyone else goes there they are TRESSPASSING and the patient looses.  So basically they made it so only the patient looses?  If someone goes to steal it THEY are at fault, but we'll punish the patient?  It shows just because chicken wire is allowed, it wouldn't stop anyone and you can't climb it to get in.  A top does NOTHING!

Crazy stuff. It's like we have a dirty bomb or something. Crazy freakin' people making crazy rules. And the ones making these rules run for office on staying out of your business. What a farse! I understand the rules they made completely. I just don't think they understand what they are doing at all, other than shaking the bushes for freaky people votes. If they could squeaze out a couple hundred more freaky votes by saying we need a bunker then they would. Schuette leads the parade of freaks with his hate for us, using his bully pulpit for evil grins. I can't believe all the time and money they spend kicking our arses.

There are so many plants that grow wild in Michigan that you could smoke and get high off of it isn't funny. Some that will permanently mess you up. Yet we have one here that makes you feel good and doesn't hurt you. People want it for that reason. So law makers want to put a fence around this particular one and let all the others just grow willy nilly everywhere. Don't tell anyone there are all kinds plants in Michigan that will hurt you if you smoke them. It would just make some people look so silly to pick on the one plant they decided needed a fence around it.

DOES ANYONE HEAR ME?

I / we here you because it also happen to us and 1,500 days of it i used to tell people that we where the lucky one and still do most would look at me kinda funny sometimes but after they heard our story most did feel for the both of us 

So yes i here you loud and clear 

Peace From The Front

Bob & 

It's really surprising that even the people taking the risks do not know what is going on. We see this happening over and over again. If you would have known the risks before you made your choices I think you might have thought the risk was too high for an elementary school teacher. 

Do you still think this was all because you didn't have a top on your outside grow?  Or have new things come to light?

I am not the one to answer you but IMHO 

Do you still think this was all because you didn't have a top on your outside grow?  It's about Marihuana nothing else 

I understand you completely, guilty until proven innocent. 

I was more fortunate than you in that my list of dont's only included illicit drugs, and I was able to clarify through my attorney that I was allowed to medicate.  It is a terrible shame that MI has 83 counties and no two of them operate the same.  The rules should be the equal in every county.

As far as this taking a toll on your family, I'm sorry for all of you.  If any way possible, become stronger in your resolve.   You have a great attorney, have faith in him, I'm confident that you will prevail.

Keep your chin up brother, you will be OK.

Thanks you Herp you have always been their for so many

Crazy stuff. It's like we have a dirty bomb or something. Crazy freakin' people making crazy rules. And the ones making these rules run for office on staying out of your business. What a farse! I understand the rules they made completely. I just don't think they understand what they are doing at all, other than shaking the bushes for freaky people votes. If they could squeaze out a couple hundred more freaky votes by saying we need a bunker then they would. Schuette leads the parade of freaks with his hate for us, using his bully pulpit for evil grins. I can't believe all the time and money they spend kicking our arses.

Thanks

I agree 

So they tried to make it an "inside" grow(no visability, completely covered) to protect everyone else but the patient?  Because i haven't heard of rippers, kids, etc. getting harmed, but I have heard of people going to jail over it.  So again, protect everyone but the patient?  If anyone else goes there they are TRESSPASSING and the patient looses.  So basically they made it so only the patient looses?  If someone goes to steal it THEY are at fault, but we'll punish the patient?  It shows just because chicken wire is allowed, it wouldn't stop anyone and you can't climb it to get in.  A top does NOTHING!

Norby, you make valid concerns, but you are not getting the underlying reality:  At a governmental level, marijuana is still a taboo.  We are very lucky the citizens of Michigan voted this carve out law so we could grow and use.  I attempt in every meeting to keep the intrusions from being as horrid as they could be if written by our nay sayers alone.  But realize the MSP, PAAM, ACLU, CDAM, CPU, legislative staff, and bill sponsors... all get to have a voice.  The results are often times not fully successful for any group.  That is called the art of compromise.  When you parse my words hard, and do not read the spirit of what I wrote, you miss the meaning of my post.  No one puts rippers ahead of patients, rather law enforcement is concerned about crimes and criminals causing problems.  You are missing the point there my friend.  Additionally, our elected officials want a freakin' top.  Is that worth pissin and moanin about?  Are there not better things to put your energy into?

I am not discounting your right to be irritated by the process.  It is a bull in a china shop for sure.  But just complaining is not going to help change anything.

Vote for Schauer and Totten for Gov and AG if you want change.  Vote out Rep's and Sen's who betray your ideals and trust.  Work on a campaign for a candidate of "your" choice.

I often feel a lone wolf in Lansing, but I will not complain, rather I keep at the good work (ala the new conditions panel), (ala suggesting language changes that help neuter some of the worst aspects of bills), in conjunction with Mal, Zap, and members of CPU. 

rather law enforcement is concerned about crimes and criminals causing problems.

They caused the problem when they made it hard to acquire it. Law enforcement is enticing crime. They keep perpetuating the problem. No one will be stealing what everyone can grow anywhere they want to. No one will need to break into your home anymore. There will be no more marijuana crimes. Law enforcement is crying about their problem, not ours. Continuing to keep it hard to acquire will only make the problems they cry about continue to exist. They create a problem and then throw money at fixing it with words when all they had to do is quit chasing their tails and find something else to cry about. That's what needs to be understood.

Resto, in face value what you are saying is true... in regard to specific cases....

But you are failing to grasp my point, or, you are ignoring it.  My reference had nothing to do with a specific case, it had to do with the "position" that the MSP takes in meetings discussing wording changes on a respective bill.  No more, no less.

To read into it what you put forth is just not what I am talking about.  Hey if you consider all cops, politicians and lobbyists to be pond  scum... so be it... but since you have not participated in Lansing, well, you lose an ability to understand that compromise with more powerful positions is always necessary....

I'm not characterizing you personally, just the circle jerk you are part of.  It's so darn stupid when you look to the cause of all marijuana related crimes. It could all just quietly go away so easily. No fighting. It wouldn't take any money. Just a lack of doing would do it. Just quit being ignorant to the cause and effect.

Edited by Restorium2

Resto, in face value what you are saying is true... in regard to specific cases....

But you are failing to grasp my point, or, you are ignoring it.  My reference had nothing to do with a specific case, it had to do with the "position" that the MSP takes in meetings discussing wording changes on a respective bill.  No more, no less.

To read into it what you put forth is just not what I am talking about.  Hey if you consider all cops, politicians and lobbyists to be pond  scum... so be it... but since you have not participated in Lansing, well, you lose an ability to understand that compromise with more powerful positions is always necessary....

...and requires stubborn and persistent best arguments, with no guarantees.

DOES ANYONE HEAR ME?

"O nobly-born, listen.  Now thou art experiencing the radiance of the Clear Light of Pure Reality." - Tibetan Book of the Dead

Welcome to the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.