Coa Says Police Cant Seize Pizza Girls' Car For Getting Bud As A Tip

t-pain

thats one thing i've learned while gathering signatures for legalization grass, everyone has either been arrested, on probation, or currently has a legal case ongoing for marijuana.

everyone. thousands and thousands of people. every day.

whats the price on a used 2007 ford focus anyway?

craigslist says 2-5k.

not really worth it to fight with a lawyer for a car worth that much huh?

how much does a coa appeal cost?

point is, I also had a raid in that era. They left all of my long guns leaning against the wall when they were finished. They took all 18 grams of marijuana material from me, and broke a lot of items. They left me with my three vehicles, artwork, and more. just curious is all, I didn't lose cars, homes, artwork, or guns. lucky I guess.

might be something to the "parking lot deal" maybe??

perhaps demographics plays a part in forfeitures?

I just don't know anyone in my lifetime who lost cars/boats/real estate for possession of a personal stash.

cops have dumped out my half ounce sacks on two occasions on the side of the road. Two people I went to school

with were raided in 91 by scc dtf and lost a lot of face and cash. One had a nice boat in the yard of his own home, the other

a hot rod in a rental home. both kept their property with a fine in court, probation...  I'm not disbelieving the accounts of course, but

in what I thought was a crazy azz scc dtf  no property losses. one had one ounce, the other had a little less when they were raided.

notice in ops case the forfeiture of the car was for more than possession?   cops accused her of using the car to buy drugs. silly still, but we need to split hairs  to understand their tactics I think. Does possession alone warrant property forfeiture?  that court said no right? 

With all the dozens of improper transfer arrests you've posted in the other thread, where are all of the forfeitures I wondered. just fines, and more fines.

Edited by grassmatch

you argue the strangest points grass.

more to the story? thats what you say? are you saying the court of appeals left something out?

are you saying there is a vast conspiracy to cover up a dirty drug deal and return this pizza lady's 2007 ford focus?

thats what you are saying. at least thats what some people will read from your comments.

bizarre man, bizarre.

as for question on seizing cars during improper transport, who is to say it hasnt happened? with the lack of asset reporting by police, the lack of investigating by reporters and the lack of anyone to even give a bunny muffin, i wouldnt be surprised if we find out some cars were taken for improper transport.

as for the case, possession is not enough, you must show that the car was used to facilitate the possession.

basically, same reasoning as the bong test. does it have residue? yes? then its marijuana paraphrenalia.

is the bong clean? then its a tobacco water pipe. not paraphrenalia.

so driving a car to buy/sell drugs, it can be seized.

driving a car to a library, where you happen to find a bag of weed in the bushes, the car cannot be seized, unless police can prove you wanted to sell the weed using the car. or any other reason they can think up, and most people wont fight it anyway.

wow, that's some paranoid thinking there tpain! lol  geesh

not at all what I meant.

here's this;

since when do they take your car for a gram of bud?

answer;

so driving a car to buy/sell drugs, it can be seized.

that's the jist of my concerns....not sure where/why you get the rest.

I learned this

cops don't take cars generally for possessing a gram of cannabis, but for driving to buy/sell it, they may. And when they do, they might even do shady deals in parking los to get your car back, beware shady cops. :drinking-coffee:

Edited by grassmatch

wow, that's some paranoid thinking there tpain! lol  geesh

not at all what I meant.

here's this;

answer;

that's the jist of my concerns....not sure where/why you get the rest.

I learned this

cops don't take cars generally for possessing a gram of cannabis, but for driving to buy/sell it, they may. And when they do, they might even do shady deals in parking los to get your car back, beware shady cops. :drinking-coffee:

They will take your car even if they can't prove you used it to sell illegally. They will even take your riding lawn mower. Maybe they think you were selling/delivering on that too? There's no solid ground to stand on defending/justifying/explaining confiscation. They mostly do it out of spite from what I see happening. 

They will take your car even if they can't prove you used it to sell illegally. They will even take your riding lawn mower. Maybe they think you were selling/delivering on that too? There's no solid ground to stand on defending/justifying/explaining confiscation. They mostly do it out of spite from what I see happening. 

They do it for the same reason any other thief steals things, so they don't have to do honest work.