Newaygo County Man Sentenced For Planning To Grow, Sell Marijuana

beourbud

Indeed, i am a germiphobe, lol, very aware of what is even growing on me, you, and every other person (and thing) on the planet. In the end, mold and bacteria will win, long after humans r long gone and extinct.

But, bob... If u r willing to admit that the mi climate is disfavorable, then why not choose the better option? The only reason i can understand is a limit on input resources... Power, nutes, money. Yes, indoor is highly resource intensive, i have no strong argument against that, we use tons of power which means the burning of fossil fuels. We use nutes which goes down a drain and into the water supply. It costs lots and lots of money to bend the environment to our desires.

But, outdoors also uses large quantities of nutes and/or processed soil. It def costs less, but to offset the lack of control, we have to employ the use of chemicals, which goes back into our larger pollution problem. The only real benefit w outdoors is lower power consumption, until you factor in the only way to grow a lightless crop (w any degree of control) is a gh, which will use large amounts of resources for heating, cooling, and dehumidification, and still require supplemental lighting. If u try to control the environment and not rely on chems. You trade power consumption of one type for another in the end. Heck, even peat is one the list of a disappearing resources, when thinking about outdoors or gh chops.

Neither way is what would be considered good for the environment. Growing any crop is highly reaource intensive... Indoors or out. But, i will admit that you can grow outdoors w no control, with no chems, but that you simply have to accept there will absolutely be some mold, just how much is what is in play. Some percentage will always have to be destroyed. Thats a fact.

Less than 1% this year. Just a couple tiny spots on a hand full of buds. That's why I hand trim everything. And inspect the living plants daily for mold. It's not very difficult at all. Not really an issue. 

Good enough to be better than 80% of the medical out there. And with not a single poison of any kind used. 

My indoor buds are a little beefier but the product works the same. 

If I had no rules or jackboot thugs to worry about I could supply several counties without a problem. 

Therein lies the issue w/ our gov't... they want all the profit... tax and regulate it all.

Can't have all this naturally grown cannabis going unchecked yanno.

I have grown it here in the UP for a "few" years now, indoor and outdoor. My take is that the indoor grow is a much bigger hassle to get good product, right now I am fighting whiteflies and aphids indoors, never,ever had that problem with the outdoor grows. Indoor grows seem to use more inputs, such as the rosemaric acid I am using on the bugs, do not want ANY synthetic chemicals on my plants( I am also an organic food farmer). That being said, we do occaisionally run into mold, some years( as last year!) are worse than others. We use no store bought nutes on the outdoor grow, we utilize compost that we make ourselves from rotted manure and other organic material from our farm. I agree that you very much have to watch your outdoor plants very closely as to mold forming, but I have found that when the plants start going into bud, I start stripping fan leaves for better air circulation, I find that the plants I can find the time to strip all the fan leaves off of rarely have any mold, the plants that do not get stripped( usually due to time factors) will get some moldty bud, esp. here as we can get quite humid in the fall. I also, as one said above, closely inspect the plants and do all my trimming by hand so I can look,see,inspect each and every bud, does add more time, but quality control takes time and my patients love me for it. I think it just comes down to what works best for each person 

Farmer Brown

Right On Farmer Brown

I think all the indoor hype/regulations are a way to restrict grows and sell grow kits.

They would have you believe their bulbs are better than the sun...lol

Outdoor Organic is the way God intended it.

You can't beat Mother Nature but legislators sure as ell try.

Edited by beourbud