Medical Pot Regulations Face Pushback In Senate Hearing, Military Vet Tossed In Heated Exchange

bobandtorey

I think our phone calls had something to do with it to. Used my best James Brown voice with a little 'make my day' Eastwood at the end. Very serious in deed. 

Thanks to those who testified he was off kilter and committing political suicide for the cameras. A few of us pointed that out while he had a hangover the next morning. He just wants it to 'go away' now. No more warm fuzzy .... just hard core medical marijuana supporters who are not smiling. He has to realize this is very serious for us. Not just a money game for his buddies to play. This is real life in the raw. Get a taste of that Jones. 

And i got a call back from Rick Jones  twice i wish i had been home to say more

Just called Schuitmaker's office. Told Amanda my concerns as a small government fiscal conservative and VN combat vet for Sen. Jones behavior. Explained briefly why Big Police is no different than Big Government and reminded her Republicans like Jones were responsible for Obama's re-election.

Okay, many here won't agree some elements of my argument but we all agree it is time to negate Jones' power to harm patients and the great State of Michigan.

Call your senator and representative. Don't yell. Don't dwell. Brief, pleasant and SAD, not mad.

We can make a difference. We owe it to those who have given so much and paid such a high price to get us even this far down the path of cannabis sanity.

Edited by outsideinthecold

Called Senator Proos office and talked to Trent. Same approach. Mentioned the video and the universal negative veteran groups reactions to Jones. Reminded Trent veteran's are mainly Republicans and Jones has damaged the party.

Interesting but like Amanda at Schuitmaker's office, Trent (and Proos no doubt) was well aware of the Jones' actions.

Again, I encourage everyone who is concerned about Jones' actions to contact their Reps and Sens.

And lastly just off the phone with Sarah at Rep. Pscholka's office. Same approach. She is a MSU student. Very well received. Compared mmj to alcohol on campus. Mentioned alienating vets and 10% of voters who use cannabis. Asked why Repbs want to put more people in jail for mj when it forces the prisons to parole violent felons to make room?

Reminded Sarah the only problem with the MMMA protection for patients were the police who are trying to protect their budgets at the expense of the poorest and most vulnerable of our state's citizens.

May not make any difference to the old Republican pols but their young phone answering office staff knows, even Jones' office. Their time is drawing to a close and they don't realize it is their own dam fault.

And lastly just off the phone with Sarah at Rep. Pscholka's office. Same approach. She is a MSU student. Very well received. Compared mmj to alcohol on campus. Mentioned alienating vets and 10% of voters who use cannabis. Asked why Repbs want to put more people in jail for mj when it forces the prisons to parole violent felons to make room?

Reminded Sarah the only problem with the MMMA protection for patients were the police who are trying to protect their budgets at the expense of the poorest and most vulnerable of our state's citizens.

May not make any difference to the old Republican pols but their young phone answering office staff knows, even Jones' office. Their time is drawing to a close and they don't realize it is their own dam fault.

nice work! Jones is term limited and thus why he is especially arrogant lately.