James Story Re-Visit

SirLongSmoke

It is now coming to the end of March. I will finally have a trial and can use Medical marijuana as a defense. Dan and I will still have to prove the three aspects of the law as we did before, but this time, in front of a jury. This has been a long and treacherous ride, not only for me but for my family as well. I have been completely blessed still being able to work my school job and recently started a property management company. All has been well as I fit the niche that has been provided for me, by the lord. The court dates are scheduled for March 21-22. I have a couple patients willing to provide testament for the case, which will help the understanding to the jury. With a blessing from above of the right selection of jury, I feel we have a real chance of actually winning. Thanks for the support and all that has took place thus far!

James

It is now coming to the end of March. I will finally have a trial and can use Medical marijuana as a defense. Dan and I will still have to prove the three aspects of the law as we did before, but this time, in front of a jury. This has been a long and treacherous ride, not only for me but for my family as well. I have been completely blessed still being able to work my school job and recently started a property management company. All has been well as I fit the niche that has been provided for me, by the lord. The court dates are scheduled for March 21-22. I have a couple patients willing to provide testament for the case, which will help the understanding to the jury. With a blessing from above of the right selection of jury, I feel we have a real chance of actually winning. Thanks for the support and all that has took place thus far!

James

When is your court case? this thread is new today, is the court case a yr away or did you just put the wrong month up?

I dont remember the issue you had, or what county the case will be in, if you want support from people at the court house, let us know what county and time and day of the court case!

Any one who lives within 1 hr of some one in a legit mm case should do their best to show up for moral support, I personaly cant travel any further than that at this time, I wish I could go to all of the cases I beleive the defendent needs support in, but it is free to dream!

Best of Luck to you!

Peace

Jim

**April 21-22 is court date, sorry for confusion!!

I sure would like to come support you because your case maybe the one that breaks the backs of the people trying to keep cannabis illegal and stoping others from saying the words medical marihuana to a jury   

I know it's far for me to drive over 3 hours and may not be posable for me to come without knowing a time and address of the Court 

• 2 weeks later...

The trial was cancelled and pushed back, like many times in the past. Dan and I do not know the reason why this has occurred. The trial is adjourned for another time in which we do not know exactly. They have to be waiting on me to mess up my bond because they know this is a losing case for them. I told Dan to tell the prosecuting attorney this:"I am ready to testify and all our witnesses as well, there will be no mistakes. We will win. It's best to end this now before I go public." If I didn't have my school job as I do, I would tell the world my story. I would get news networks and I will disclose all the impurities of this case and how unrighteous the judgements and handling of this has been. I cannot though because it would cause harm to the students I teach and the job in general. This would be viewed extremely negatively and wouldn't be good for the school system. So now we sit and wait for the indecency to finally come to an end, eventually.

Edited by SirLongSmoke

we wish you da best. good luck!@ they drag out court for no good reason.

can the lawyer file something to speed up the proccess?

injunction against bond drug testing? i dunno.

file a lawsuit against the city for wrongful prosecution. that will get things moving.

I hope thing work out better for you  i new this would happen i wanted to come also now i guess i will drive to Bay City tomorrow i think the same thing will happen their but i dod have his phone # and he has mine 

The State just can't let a Sec 8 jury trail happen they know it will open up the flood gates for everyone of us 

Thanks for standing up and fighting the good fight and good luck 

SirLongSmoke, Blessings on you.  You are a man of uncommon courage.  I pray things work out for the best for you.  Likely they will come at you with a better offer, hoping to head off a trial and yet emerge with a conviction for something, anything, whatever.  Prolly will offer 'plead to possession.'     But for justice to be done, you or some other hardy soul will have to 'just say no.'  

bobandtrorey,  i'm sorry i haven't heard of mr hartwick.  '2-40' for real?  was the 40 tacked on for just for revenge?  what actual transgression did the jury convict did mr. hartwick of?   did he present a section 8 defense that failed?  what charge carries 2-40?  im flabbered at '40'...

how did this travesty occur? hartwick got off with probation the first 3 times and so for this 4th offense judge matthews applied a 'catch-up' sentence of 2-40 years to makeup for prior leniency?  

death death sentences apply in oklahoma (to concentrates).  judge matthews was pissed she could not impose death so made up for it with this brutality and imposed 40 years of living death?  40 years is so out of proportion to the offense that it can be argued that judge matthews is not to serve fit as this case proves she has no sense of proportion.  it's no surprise this abomination gurgled out of that sewer, oakland nazi county.

she stuck all of michigan's taxpayers with housing a deft for whom an ankle bracelet and house arrest would have sufficed.

"He was also ordered to pay victim's rights fees of $130, state costs of $136 and court fees of $500."

WTF!! Who was the victim?

I am guessing that victim is collectively, the people of the state of michigan, for $130.

state costs of $136 for use of the court room.

court fees of $500 for state-appointed atty Frederick?

Edited by pic book

I'm guessing there are questions of fact that have to go to a jury. Please forgive me if that is too forward and impertinent, but it strikes me that only if those questions arise do they go to the jury as the finder of fact. If you have your ducks in a row, it may be little more than judicial theater.

All over a plant that God intended us to use. Everything in moderation,then stereotypical view points are demolished. If marijuana was legal, it would squash the cotton industry, lumber industry and positively stimulate the economy. The love of greed,with the attribution of money, has created a pit of despair, that the wordly fall into. ALWAYS LOOK UP and be guided by the spirit!