Do caregivers provide an allowance?

PhillyDilly420

I had read somewhere that some MMMP patients received an allowance of say one ounce per month in addition to being offered reduced prices on additional flower for that month. For instance one patient received a free ounce every month, and every ounce was 200 after that. Is this a normal practice? Are caregivers reimbursed for their overhead? If this is a common practice, where can I find a caregiver like this???

I'm really new to this

If you want free meds, your best bet is to grow it yourself. Small time caregivers (like me) don't physically have the capacity (grow room space) to grow the number of plants that they are legally able to grow. So, although I have the legal ability to grow 48 plants, I only have room to accommodate 24 ( 8 mother's, 8 in veg, and 8 in flower) plants. Even though a your caregiver posseses 12 plants for you, that doesn't mean that they are able to grow all of them at the same time. Some caregivers are able to grow the maximum number and sell some of the product from YOUR plants. These caregivers should be able to provide you with a free (or greatly reduced price) portion from your plants. Good luck finding one that will be able to do that though.

There are some growers who do this and no unless they are selling to outside sources there is no reimbursement for doing this but in the end it usually ends up where the grower balks and stops contacting the patient because they realize that free medicine  costs money to grow and get greedy  .

My advice for you is to find a caregiver with a good product for a fair price you can afford to pay  nothing in life is free .

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:09 PM, PhillyDilly420 said:

I had read somewhere that some MMMP patients received an allowance of say one ounce per month in addition to being offered reduced prices on additional flower for that month. For instance one patient received a free ounce every month, and every ounce was 200 after that. Is this a normal practice? Are caregivers reimbursed for their overhead? If this is a common practice, where can I find a caregiver like this???

I'm really new to this

Many caregivers have no idea what they are doing when they make promises like this to patients. Just trying to entice patients to sign with them. If it sounds too good to be true then it is. A caregiver is the same as any other farmer when it comes to selling. It costs money to grow it so they charge money for it. There's no special thing about cannabis that makes it different. If you hear some crazy complicated sales offer move on to a caregiver that has good cannabis for a decent price consistently. Keep it simple. 

8 hours ago, zeebudz said:

Assuming most of the "excess" grow is being sold to dispensaries, I don't understand how Michigan caregivers can break even - much less make a little profit - with the prices of herb being so low...

After being to a dozen dispensaries they just don't have as good of cannabis as I grow. They all have watered down strains that only come close to the best strains. The caregivers that sell to dispensaries aren't the ones with the best cannabis. 

17 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

After being to a dozen dispensaries they just don't have as good of cannabis as I grow. They all have watered down strains that only come close to the best strains. The caregivers that sell to dispensaries aren't the ones with the best cannabis. 

What are these "watered down strains"  that "all" of these dispensaries are carrying (and why are so many folks therefore  growing them)?

I don't doubt that you grow excellent herb, but I have had few complaints with the many products I've purchased from dispensaries over the years. Certainly there is no way that any caregiver can compete with the sheer variety of items - whether flower, or concentrates, or edibles - found at even the most modest place.

9 hours ago, zeebudz said:

What are these "watered down strains"  that "all" of these dispensaries are carrying (and why are so many folks therefore  growing them)?

I don't doubt that you grow excellent herb, but I have had few complaints with the many products I've purchased from dispensaries over the years. Certainly there is no way that any caregiver can compete with the sheer variety of items - whether flower, or concentrates, or edibles - found at even the most modest place.

They take an excellent strain and cross it with a strain like Bigbud and then they get 4 times as much off each plant. Then the cannabis is not as good. Watered down is how I describe it. Like someone put water in your whiskey. Sullied. That's how they can charge less and make money. 

People don't complain if they don't know any better. My patients can tell the difference as I can. Most patients don't, and never had, access to the best strains. Once you do you want the best if you can get it. 

It's the same reason for the difference in pricing at the really good dispensaries. Prices vary from $60 to $400 an ounce. These prices depend on quality and quality always effects yield. The best quality always has lower yields. Crappy dispensaries just have the cheap garbage. Good dispensaries will have the option for great cannabis with a high price. Just like a great caregiver. A money grubber caregiver will only grow high yield strains because they just want mo money for nothin'. Take this info and you be the judge ….

7 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

It's the same reason for the difference in pricing at the really good dispensaries. Prices vary from $60 to $400 an ounce. These prices depend on quality and quality always effects yield. The best quality always has lower yields. Crappy dispensaries just have the cheap garbage. Good dispensaries will have the option for great cannabis with a high price. Just like a great caregiver. A money grubber caregiver will only grow high yield strains because they just want mo money for nothin'. Take this info and you be the judge ….

So you agree that there are "good dispensaries" with "great cannabis". Not at all what you said earlier about how they all have watered down strains... 

7 hours ago, zeebudz said:

So you agree that there are "good dispensaries" with "great cannabis". Not at all what you said earlier about how they all have watered down strains... 

He is saying some dispensaries only have watered down strains and some have watered down strains along with great top shelf that isn't watered down. They all have them, but some only have them. Get it?

I haven't visited any dispensary that did NOT run their cannabis through a tumbler to strip the trichomes off the buds so as to make concentrates or whatever . I only visited these establishments out of curiosity with other people & always had a loupe to take a look at the stripped buds , really disgusting . Maybe it's better now ? I don't know , I jumped off the cannabis train when the "Tax & Regulate" crowd took over . Nothing could be more despicable than to give Govt. control to tax & regulate a completely harmless substance that is beneficial to my health & endo-cannabinoid system after the FACT that they have been extorting & de-frauding the people of their money freedom & property for almost 100 years now . It might not be so bad IF the tax & regulators weren't actually bribing the Govt. with a higher than standard 10% tax so we can fix the roads & the schools that we don't have any money for because it's already been stolen & funneled away to political cronies for studies & such . 

Seems to be a lot less traffic on this site since the last election & all this tax & regulate BS . It's kind of comical how all these members that have joined 6,7,8, years ago & never made a post are coming back to change their profile photo & still not making a post , lol . 

5 hours ago, Mayhem1134 said:

He is saying some dispensaries only have watered down strains and some have watered down strains along with great top shelf that isn't watered down. They all have them, but some only have them. Get it?

Exactly! If you have $300 - $400 to spend on an ounce at the dispensary then you might get something close to what a great caregiver can grow for you. 

I find that if I wait for the $300 - $400 ounces to go on sale for $200 it's close to what I grow for my patients for $200. Close but not quite as good. 

For patients that need cheap cannabis, the dispensaries do that well.  It's good to have as many options as possible as long as you have an understanding of the options(before you waste your money). 

32 minutes ago, knucklehead bob said:

. It's kind of comical how all these members that have joined 6,7,8, years ago & never made a post are coming back to change their profile photo & still not making a post , lol . 

I noticed this too and have thought about it some. The message is in the picture file. They are only members to pass on covert messages. I noticed they have not even visited their own profile page. So they must not be human, just bots.