Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

tough one to call. and im not gonna put myself out there and put a number on it because there are too many factors involved like just basic environment and ease of use :)

there are benefits to ebb... no doubt. IMO there are pros and cons to all of them..... but if i couldnt grow bubbles, ebb or nft would probably be a 2nd choice for me in our state with our limitations.

Just wanna say I somehow made 10 buckets without a leak :lol: 3/4 spade bit and a medium/slow rpm rate make it very easy.

I made a hole saw just for 1/2" grommets... It's like a 7/8" hole saw, taken to the bench grinder till it slightly under...

My grommets are so tight, the fittings creek when you turn them... never a leak... :thumbsu:

We just did a system like this for a friend and had some leaks. I traced it back to the grommets them selves. I used a caliper and found they were not all the same size. And they were all from hydrofarm and same bag.

Also tip for installing them when they are tight. Use a small cup of water with a few drops of dish soap. Dip them in and then install. Also works great on barbed parts.

We just did a system like this for a friend and had some leaks. I traced it back to the grommets them selves. I used a caliper and found they were not all the same size. And they were all from hydrofarm and same bag.

Also tip for installing them when they are tight. Use a small cup of water with a few drops of dish soap. Dip them in and then install. Also works great on barbed parts.

i was gonna mention spit :) but your way is a bit cleaner...... literally :)

good morning sir (insert cup of coffee emoticon) :yahoo-wave:

ky jelly worked very well :lol:

soooooo long story short, I am going to need to build 2 new units for a friend, he got a new job and he will be away up to 3 weeks at a time and he is not the most handy person in the world...So how could I build him a system in a 20x10ft space (perfect rectangle, with 8 ft ceilings) ???

I suggested a flood and drain system, since he wont have to worry about leaks or daily upkeep as much....

but he wants options so what would be the most worry free system that he could use that will have the least amount of maintenance? 24 plant sites, 12 veg 12 flower

I have a quick question regarding the pump and aeration. I bought the same pump BG uses in his system (I believe it's a 132GPH). My question is can I reverse the water in/water out path so that it goes out low and comes in high? The reason for this is to create more oxygen with a waterfall effect dropping back into the reservoir. I can test it out once I get the parts as I believe it would just be a matter of the pump being powerful enough but I'm interested if anyone uses this method to aerate. Thank you.

gallery_15206_691_1004.jpg

I have a quick question regarding the pump and aeration. I bought the same pump BG uses in his

no. you can pump out high and come in low.... but not opposite.

we are relying on gravity dont forget.

your water will only return as high as your water level.... and the higher up your return ports, the less pressure.... meaning the slower the return and the slower the whole thing runs.

so either pump high and return low........... or pump low and return low :)

soooooo long story short, I am going to need to build 2 new units for a friend, he got a new job and he will be away up to 3 weeks at a time and he is not the most handy person in the world...So how could I build him a system in a 20x10ft space (perfect rectangle, with 8 ft ceilings) ???

I suggested a flood and drain system, since he wont have to worry about leaks or daily upkeep as much....

but he wants options so what would be the most worry free system that he could use that will have the least amount of maintenance? 24 plant sites, 12 veg 12 flower

i'd still go bubbles. get creative and put the parts together to build him oversized texas controllers: http://www.4hydroponics.com/hydroponics/drip2.asp?ItemNo=texasController

plenty of space to have 200-300 gallons on stand-by.

Okay Im just a nube...

Which is more productive for yield...

Topping

or

LST training

This one I do have some experience with. With topping you talking at least one week maybe two before the plant recovers. Too long IMO. LST is low stress therefore the plant recovers faster. Of course you don't get two shoots coming out of the same spot, but you will get lower shoots to grow up to the same level as the top of the plant. I've done SCROG and LST with string and I liked SCROG the best. You can do it with individual plants too you don't have to have a giant screen over your entire grow. I will top long sativas early in the life because stunting growth will make a bushier mother, but that's pretty much the only time I do it.

Edited by Nix

looks like you brought the whole team out for this mystery :)

you sure you dont have some smoke emitting from the lunchbox (shaggy and scooby taking a break) and it is contaminating your fresh air supply??? :)

haha...... i get twisties like that all the time. can be a combination of a lot of things IMO.

i had a widow strain that if i took clones from while in veg, they were fine..... if i flipped the lights to 12/12 just one night and then took clones, i got the twisties for a few days after they rooted.

if i run clean water on some strains too long before introducing some form of nutrients to them after rooting, i get twisties.

changing nutes or upping the dosage..... another possibility.

but most of the time it is a natural reaction from the plant as it reverts back into full veg stage after the cutting has been taken and rooted.

not sure what stage of life your mother plant was in, but if she was in flower you can always expect to see weird growth on the clones for awhile. it always straightens itself out in the end though.

Bub,

The problems are getting worse for the effected plants and the rest are just INSANE AFA growth...

I have plants that seem like one whole side isn't growing proper, like as if the plant had a stroke or something??? I mean they are growing at an ANGLE...

I wasn't able to get pics tonight, but I will tomorrow..

I've got an Alaskin Ice that is just OOC... and White Widdows that defy what I've thought possible.. I wish I had my webcam set up, up and running... I can't wait to do time lapse..

This problem though... they wearn't doing this in the cloner, wasn't till I started the Lucas did it do this...

Also... the GH FloraDuo... Lucas??

i'd still go bubbles. get creative and put the parts together to build him oversized texas controllers: http://www.4hydroponics.com/hydroponics/drip2.asp?ItemNo=texasController

plenty of space to have 200-300 gallons on stand-by.

I dont think I know how to do that...we were talking about having 2 55 gallon drums hooked up to 2 float valves inside the control bucket, and the control bucket would feed a 12 bucket RDWC system...that should give him enough water for his time away.

Bub,

The problems are getting worse for the effected plants and the rest are just INSANE AFA growth...

I have plants that seem like one whole side isn't growing proper, like as if the plant had a stroke or something??? I mean they are growing at an ANGLE...

I wasn't able to get pics tonight, but I will tomorrow..

I've got an Alaskin Ice that is just OOC... and White Widdows that defy what I've thought possible.. I wish I had my webcam set up, up and running... I can't wait to do time lapse..

This problem though... they wearn't doing this in the cloner, wasn't till I started the Lucas did it do this...

Also... the GH FloraDuo... Lucas??

sounds fun :)

yeah get pics..... glad to hear you having crazy ginormous growth. lets see pics and see whats up with the rest though.... may just be growing out of the twisties.

now when you say: This problem though... they wearn't doing this in the cloner, wasn't till I started the Lucas did it do this...

you mean using the lucas method or just using ANY nutes at all??

pics will help though.... ya know we like them pics. dude im just so glad to see your righteous harvest you have coming up and glad to see you type things like:

the rest are just INSANE AFA growth...

:)

I dont think I know how to do that...we were talking about having 2 55 gallon drums hooked up to 2 float valves inside the control bucket, and the control bucket would feed a 12 bucket RDWC system...that should give him enough water for his time away.

yeah thats pretty much what i had in mind too :)

55gal rez's on floats...... i just linked you to the texas controller so you could see the basic idea.... but yeah you need to be on a bigger scale.

thats actually what i have in the larger rooms. it's not very difficult to rig up at all.

yeah thats pretty much what i had in mind too :)

55gal rez's on floats...... i just linked you to the texas controller so you could see the basic idea.... but yeah you need to be on a bigger scale.

thats actually what i have in the larger rooms. it's not very difficult to rig up at all.

Perhaps a tutorial? :thumbsu:

I'm going to be putting one of these together in the next couple weeks...

gallery_11199_188_2321417.jpg

gallery_11199_188_1145221.jpg

This one, which is the same genetically as the 2 before, started growing at an angle, and the right side branch is now taller than the MAIN stem.. I didn't touch/damage it in any way.. ?

gallery_11199_188_6460521.jpg

I run an Aero cloner with a light load of clonex in the mix (140ml/7gal, about 1/2 rec, which is 280ml for 7gal)

For general use, dilute at a rate of 10ml (2 teaspoons) Clonex® Clone Solution per 1 liter (1 quart) of water or 2 1/2 tablespoons per gallon. After mixing, adjust pH to appropriate level (5.5 to 6.5).

Im Kinda off subject . But could sombody tell me if after the change cargiver form is recieved and the checks cashed by the State.

Is that it or am i waiting for somthing more from the state of Michigan????

Please sombody give me there understandings of wen your good to start growing there patients plants????:growl:

oh my god you are my new fuccking hero :thumbsu:

gallery_13801_60_122873.jpg

hahahahahahahaha...........

I LOVE IT :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

honestly it just lookes like they are fully reverting to veg to me. at what stage of life was the plant in that the cutting was taken from?

what strength lucas are you starting them off with again and what lighting?

should be 4-8 or 5-10. micro/bloom.

BG, been reading alot of your stuff over the last week or so. I've learned alot thanks for the education. Your awsome! I'm not in Michigan yet. Planning to make the move in mid April and once I have my card I will be fabricating your 13 bucket system. I'm a retired pharmaceutical engineer and I can't wait to get started. My grow rooms will be class 100,000 clean rooms complete with hepa filters, room pressurization, temperature and humidity control. Im also a journyman in instrumentation and controls. My question is,,,, what part of Michigan should I move to, I can go anywhere I want so I want to choose the place where the local community will support my efforts as a caregiver. what county will be th most mmj friendly?

I've worked in down to class 100 clean rooms.. :D

Save yourself some, don't worry about the HEPA filtration... It's a plant.. it grows in the dirt (naturally)

Spend the effort making sure your environment is correct...

Not saying don't filter the air, but Laminar flow and critical particle removal isn't a high priority..