Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

Thanks RS! How much?

That stuff is super powerful! Just add a few ml at a time and continue checking. It's something that takes a long time to get the hang of.

If ya ever add too much ph down though, you can always add more of your higher ph water to it to get it back up.

My water comes out of the faucet at ph 7

Edited by Royal Smoke

Probably doesn't matter at this point, they are not taking nutrients yet? Or do they? I would like to know tonight if anyone is interested in typing out the answer for my newbie question I would appreciate it, thank you.

No problem Bish.

I forgot if you're talking about seeds or clones.....

I think it matters because the rockwool is going to be holding whatever solution you are putting into your tote. So it may not be taking nutes in yet, it is probably crucial to play it by the book at such a fragile state whether it is a clone or a seed.

Ok I got a problem so here it is:

Running a bubble bucket set up using general organics. The res, buckets and control bucket are all filling with foam /slime. looks like the GO nutes are whats foaming up. Ran Botanicare nutes before with out any problems. Slime is all over roots and cloging up the small pumps in the control buckets.

Used the OG mix ratio. Mixed in seperate tank and then added to res. Foam/ slime appeared over night. Any ideas?

thanks everyone a ton for helping out !! thats what this thread is all about :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

obviously i havent had much time over the past few days, and thats probably going to continue for another few days, so thanks to all who take the time and help others out when im not around.

A steady 5.8 now, and 210 PPM.

p.m. sent

Ok I got a problem so here it is:

Running a bubble bucket set up using general organics. The res, buckets and control bucket are all filling with foam /slime. looks like the GO nutes are whats foaming up. Ran Botanicare nutes before with out any problems. Slime is all over roots and cloging up the small pumps in the control buckets.

Used the OG mix ratio. Mixed in seperate tank and then added to res. Foam/ slime appeared over night. Any ideas?

no worries. you are still ok.

i'll call you this afternoon :thumbsu:

thanks everyone a ton for helping out !! thats what this thread is all about :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

obviously i havent had much time over the past few days, and thats probably going to continue for another few days, so thanks to all who take the time and help others out when im not around.

p.m. sent

no worries. you are still ok.

i'll call you this afternoon :thumbsu:

K thanks

I'm growing White Widow for the first time, and she's a gorgeous big lady. Six weeks in flower today. The trichs are almost all white up in the canopy. Some of the lower buds still have clear trichs, but there's not enough of the lower stuff to concern me. What I'm wondering is if I should put her in flush yet. The hairs are just starting to wither and turn a little brown. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to rush her.

Toad

I'm growing White Widow for the first time, and she's a gorgeous big lady. Six weeks in flower today. The trichs are almost all white up in the canopy. Some of the lower buds still have clear trichs, but there's not enough of the lower stuff to concern me. What I'm wondering is if I should put her in flush yet. The hairs are just starting to wither and turn a little brown. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to rush her.

Toad

i wouldnt do anything at all until i at least start to see some amber. at best.......... put her in flush at the first signs of amber trichs ....... maybe even a few days after.

you can expect at least another 2-3 weeks minimum if its a decent widow......

i wouldnt do anything at all until i at least start to see some amber. at best.......... put her in flush at the first signs of amber trichs ....... maybe even a few days after.

Thanks BG. I thought maybe I was getting a little anxious. I'm gonna have to truss her up. The heft of the buds is making her want to fall down. Every time I touch her I gets all gooped up. I've not seen anything so sticky in my grow before this. I looking forward to enjoying her meds.

Hey... the humidity lately's benn a beeyoch! I'm working to keep it down to 60% in my flower room. I haven't really dealt with high humidity yet. When I started growing late last summer, the weather was dryer by the time I got into flower. Have you got any advice about where I want to keep the humidity during flower? These buds are nice and tight, and I'd hate to let them get too damp.

Thanks again for all you do.:bow:

Thanks BG. I thought maybe I was getting a little anxious. I'm gonna have to truss her up. The heft of the buds is making her want to fall down. Every time I touch her I gets all gooped up. I've not seen anything so sticky in my grow before this. I looking forward to enjoying her meds.

Hey... the humidity lately's benn a beeyoch! I'm working to keep it down to 60% in my flower room. I haven't really dealt with high humidity yet. When I started growing late last summer, the weather was dryer by the time I got into flower. Have you got any advice about where I want to keep the humidity during flower? These buds are nice and tight, and I'd hate to let them get too damp.

Thanks again for all you do.:bow:

Humidity, you want 60-80% in Veg(80 being the better here), Flower you want 30-50% (35% is good)

Edited by Mike Sativa

what strain?? :)

Forgot I posted that pic, Northern Lights of course. Also, any humidity tricks without buying a dehumidifier, the last couple warm days have pushed my room into the 60's and I'm pretty late in flower, I kicked the door open for a couple hours and got it back down, but it also made my house and yard slightly smelly :dodgyrun:

Edited by Jipo

Forgot I posted that pic, Northern Lights of course. Also, any humidity tricks without buying a dehumidifier, the last couple warm days have pushed my room into the 60's and I'm pretty late in flower, I kicked the door open for a couple hours and got it back down, but it also made my house and yard slightly smelly :dodgyrun:

move them to my room and give them a big kiss good-bye ?? thats about all i can say :):sword: :sword:

Running a bubble bucket set up using general organics. The res, buckets and control bucket are all filling with foam /slime.

You're not supposed to use General Organics in hydro, as far as I know. You can't even mix them unless you're going to use them immediately. I left a bucket outside for a couple of days with just water and a little bit of the Grow formula in it - came back and it was an algae factory.

I have a question about hard water (did a search for that and didn't come up with a hit), more specifically well water. I get a PPM of around 230 from my filtered tap water before nutes are added. I just found out today that GH has a FloraMicro for hard water. Has anyone here tried it? I'm only doing my first bubble tote right now as a test. I burned them a little bit last week but I believe it's due to a topping off mistake instead of nute lock or anything due to the hard water. I do not want to invest in an RO system right now so getting Lucas to work with my well water is a priority. Thanks!

Hardwater_FloraMicro_pt.jpg

Edited by Nix

You're not supposed to use General Organics in hydro, as far as I know. You can't even mix them unless you're going to use them immediately. I left a bucket outside for a couple of days with just water and a little bit of the Grow formula in it - came back and it was an algae factory.

I have a question about hard water (did a search for that and didn't come up with a hit), more specifically well water. I get a PPM of around 230 from my filtered tap water before nutes are added. I just found out today that GH has a FloraMicro for hard water. Has anyone here tried it? I'm only doing my first bubble tote right now as a test. I burned them a little bit last week but I believe it's due to a topping off mistake instead of nute lock or anything due to the hard water. I do not want to invest in an RO system right now so getting Lucas to work with my well water is a priority. Thanks!

Hey Nix... I've been using the GH hardwater stuff for several months now with good results. The biggest change, when I started using it, was that my pH went down. I don't use a reservoir yet, so I mix up gallon jugs of nutes. It took me a day or two to recognize the change and adjust my recipe. I think you'll be pleased with it. I know that I'm using less pH down now that I've made the switch. Good luck!

i have never tried that ONA gel but i happen to have an application for it now ..... so i have a gallon coming today ..... i'll let you know .... maybe a $30 fix will let you keep that door open and not kill squirrels with the odor.

My first 2 carbon filters were a little too small for my 2 rooms so i purchased some ONA. I put it all around the house and it seemed to work but only for a day or two then i had to wet it or add more. If you find any tricks to the ONA let me know as it could be a great product if it lasted a little longer.

SS

I made a mistake, BG. It could be the medicine I'm on.:blink: I'm just past eight weeks on the widow. I think I'm right on schedule. Gonna put her in flush on friday.She's all creamy and sticky, with just a hint of amber today. Leaves have been dying off for the past few days. I feel like a kid in a candy store! :sword:

My first 2 carbon filters were a little too small for my 2 rooms so i purchased some ONA. I put it all around the house and it seemed to work but only for a day or two then i had to wet it or add more. If you find any tricks to the ONA let me know as it could be a great product if it lasted a little longer.

SS

Actually ...... I got the one gallon sized tub. There is a $60 fan that attaches to the tub and blows it around. I wasn't going to blow money like that on a stupid little fan.... so you can either leave the lid on the gallon tub and poke a few holes in it if you are doing a smaller space and if its a bigger one just take the lid off and have a fan somewhere close. I have a gallon with the lid off sitting in a corner and my 15 x 70 space smells like a laundry mat. It should last between 30-45 days... ill keep ya posted.

I made a mistake, BG. It could be the medicine I'm on.:blink: I'm just past eight weeks on the widow. I think I'm right on schedule. Gonna put her in flush on friday.She's all creamy and sticky, with just a hint of amber today. Leaves have been dying off for the past few days. I feel like a kid in a candy store! :sword:

Woooohooo!!